DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
again Scott and Jones are not your average freshman DT - both massive and can probably argue they are the most athletic dt's in the country... its not every day you come across dt's with that footwork , especially at their size already

Blount is growing up as we speak can already see his body filling out and getting jacked

IMO, relying on 17 (Blount) and 18 year-olds is what got us in this mess in the first place. Forston, Nesta, Taylor. I don't care if they're 5 stars. 9 times out of 10 they're not ready for meaningful snaps, much less starting. You hope for the best (Bain) but plan for the worst. ... Moten and Horton, okay, I'll buy they need to and should step up. But we need grown-***-man-level production to win the ACC and compete at a playoff level.

#BBB (Bring Back Burroughs).
Chill Relax GIF

I mean this kid must be retarded. Yeah lets throw away great NIL, living in Miami, and having a team with legit playoff goals. And hey I'm sure that'll make you look good to NFL Scouts lol... If he's here great. If he's going to be any kind of problem for the locker room, peace. The opportunity is there for the young guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, relying on 17 (Blount) and 18 year-olds is what got us in this mess in the first place. Forston, Nesta, Taylor. I don't care if they're 5 stars. 9 times out of 10 they're not ready for meaningful snaps, much less starting. You hope for the best (Bain) but plan for the worst. ... Moten and Horton, okay, I'll buy they need to and should step up. But we need grown-***-man-level production to win the ACC and compete at a playoff level.
I just hope the young Days can rotate in and spell the starters some rest that’s all we need if barrow does leave

Learning how to drive commercial vehicles in Miami is like learning how to drive a tank on a mine field. Be safe out there my brother.
Brah!!!! Lawd i been on the road 3 times, u got cars trying to undercut the trailer, pedestrians walking like am riding a bicycle. Dont mention the homeless people or stop light vendors!

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Have you folks taken a look across the landscape of college athletics? There are athletes transferring to more than one school within 12 months. It's madness but isn't this what many people wanted? Here it is.

Yup this is what was wanted….anarchy isnt pretty is it

Advertisement
This whole thing makes no sense. Nothing adds up.
Based on what @JayCane20 has written to explain the situation, here's how I read it:

"He" (aka his dad) has a money problem and there is no quick solution for it. I presume that his father received payment for his son signing something and now, that schools wants the money back, BUT... that money is gone.

It's not an issue on Miami's side in regards to money or anything. I presume some school found out about it and offered him a one-time early payment that we won't do in order to a) secure his services and b) resolve the money issue.

But I know people to an extent: He isn't leaving because he wants to, he is leaving because he has to. He had more than enough time thinking about where to go, I am fairly certain he had enough competitive offers on the table, he spent offseason training here and matriculated (big word, as explained prior) and now, all of a sudden, he wants to leave? Nah.

Based on the fact that Barrow apparently only told players and never the coaching staff or an executive on what's going on, I presume Miami never was that aware of a money issue in the first place, which is why now it looks like him staying again because we make an effort into retaining him.

I'd have a bigger issue with players yapping to media about it. I can only assume Mario is going to call in a meeting and give the team an earful about talking with the media. Essentially, the media knew ahead of Mario that a player has an issue and wants to leave. That can never, and I mean NEVER, happen.

Finally some evidence to what I had heard. LSU compensated his dad to get him to sign the SEC agreement.

Probably owes that money back to LSU and Miami isn't going to pay for it.
And because the edit function doesn't let me edit the necessary quote...

Based on what Zenitz wrote, he found out based on conversations with players. I believe Mario never knew about it and there was nothing we can do till now.

If Miami wasn't going to pay for it, he'd be gone already. But he isn't...

Advertisement
I like Moten and Horton as developmental DT's, but lets not kid ourselves..Scott and Jones are the most athletic big talented DTs Mario has signed here, so they could be more ready to play early than Moten and Horton were.

Also again Guidry last 2 seasons have had 4th and 11th run defenses at Marshall and Miami. He had #6 total defense at Marshall then #24 total defense at Miami last season.

He has done enough to know we will
Be solid to Good on defense. Brother lost 3 of his 4 starting DL in first half of the second game of the season, and still had a good defense.

Last season Texas was #34 in total defense and Washington was #96 in total defense they made the 4 team CFB playoff. We are trying to win the ACC, and make a 12 team CFB playoff. Oh by the way we had a higher total defense than FSU who won the ACC.

Last edited:
We currently have 3 DT's with some playing time and one of them was for Conference USA....

FSU top 3:
Braden Fiske- 2nd Round pick
Joshua Farmer- Future NFL draft pick
Fabian Lovett- UDFA but very good CFB player

They also had Dennis Briggs and Malcolm Ray backing up those guys.

Our current top 3:
CJ Clark- only player with experience, solid CFB player
Marley Cook- Conf USA star... Unknown commodity
Ahmad Moten- NT 3 for us last year...

Everyone else is unproven or too young.... so FSU DT's last year were miles better than ours our brother.
I wouldn't say FSU's DT were ahead of us. Check the game stats and season on who had the better run defense. We were 11th in the nation in run defense even with all of our injuries, while FSU was 70th.

Also, you're comparing their transfers after their season to our new transfers who are yet to play at Miami. Did you you think Fiske was a 2nd round NFL pick before his season at FSU? He was at G5 Western Michigan for 4 years and 1 extended Covid year at FSU. He was a very good productive player at the G5 level, but did anyone expect his game to translate into a top DT at the P5 level? I don't think so. I think FSU expected he would be a solid player. Briggs and Raye at backup means nothing to me.

We won't know how good our DL is until they play. Based on the experience of our transfers, I'd expect them to be solid. Anything above that is gravy.

I just don't want our young DTs to be forced to play because the lack of depth. Let them play when they are ready and have earned it. Moten and Horton are really the wildcards in our DT depth.

Dangerous waters to tread as a coach. I'd expect him gone unless there is a lot missing from the story. But you risk putting a big hole in the culture you are trying build by catering to him in any way.
Culture us so overrated, you have to ******* win. Half of Georgia's team has been arrested and they still kick ***.

Advertisement
Back