DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
FSU just went 13-0 and won the ACC last year. Did they have 8 kids better than this? No. No excuses. Win 10+ ******* games.

You also know what helps DTs? 4 horses playing on the edge, and mean as **** linebackers. I want this kid to stay too but there isn’t a rational human being on the planet who feels this one kid is worth even 0.1 wins. The goal is still the goal, whether this flake wants to bounce or not.
This is where I’m at. I’ve seen this board obsess during the portal season over “needing” guys that just aren’t difference makers. If someone truly thinks this guy changes our defense then that’s cool, that’s an opinion. I don’t think so. I’ll gladly take him and was happy we got him, but if he ***** off….shrug

if people feel we really need him I’m not gonna try and convince you otherwise. I just don’t agree. If he plays for us, great, if not, whatever. It doesn’t change expectations for the season
part the expectations came from us adding him after we lost JHH imo. I’d rather have 4 grown *** men rotating at DT while the pups get some seasoning..but it is what it is atp

Always Sunny Reaction GIF
Gotta love the offseason

FSU just went 13-0 and won the ACC last year. Did they have 8 kids better than this? No. No excuses. Win 10+ ******* games.

You also know what helps DTs? 4 horses playing on the edge, and mean as **** linebackers. I want this kid to stay too but there isn’t a rational human being on the planet who feels this one kid is worth even 0.1 wins. The goal is still the goal, whether this flake wants to bounce or not.
We currently have 3 DT's with some playing time and one of them was for Conference USA....

FSU top 3:
Braden Fiske- 2nd Round pick
Joshua Farmer- Future NFL draft pick
Fabian Lovett- UDFA but very good CFB player

They also had Dennis Briggs and Malcolm Ray backing up those guys.

Our current top 3:
CJ Clark- only player with experience, solid CFB player
Marley Cook- Conf USA star... Unknown commodity
Ahmad Moten- NT 3 for us last year...

Everyone else is unproven or too young.... so FSU DT's last year were miles better than ours our brother.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to be that guy, and siap, but how do you even accept him back knowing he allegedly had 1 foot out of the door?

Some of your favorite Canes had a foot out the door before being reeled back in. ****, Duke Johnson had a foot out the door at Norland before leading us to a state championship.

Advertisement
If he really wants to do all he has to do is file a lawsuit stating the portal windows are arbitrary and unreasonble and he get an injunction like all the others. I am sure a Mizzou alum lawyer will do it pro bono

We currently have 3 DT's with some playing time and one of them was for Conference USA....

FSU top 3:
Braden Fiske- 2nd Round pick
Joshua Farmer- Future NFL draft pick
Fabian Lovett- UDFA but very good CFB player

They also had Dennis Briggs and Malcolm Ray backing up those guys.

Our current top 3:
CJ Clark- only player with experience, solid CFB player
Marley Cook- Conf USA star... Unknown commodity
Ahmad Moten- NT 3 for us last year...

Everyone else is unproven or too young.... so FSU DT's last year were miles better than ours our brother.

I’m talking about last May. I agree Fiske turned out to be a better player than we will likely have at that spot this year. But last May he was a G5 transfer, just like Cook. He was 2nd team All-MAC. Highly sought after, for sure, but he wasn’t some proven commodity.

My point really is, there are some proven kids here who should be able to hold up, and there’s a bevy of young talent. Develop these dudes. Josh Farmer wasn’t a future NFL pick last May. He was redshirt sophomore who played spot duty. Coach these kids up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gaby is wrong.

Missouri was allowed to communicate with him BEFORE he matriculated. He is now OUT of the Portal. Any FURTHER communication could have been back-channel.

I've said it before, there are no LOIs for transfers. Thus, you can talk to "committed" Portal kids UNTIL they enroll.

Now that Barrow has enrolled at UM, he is no longer eligible to "go back into the Portal" until December. He may not even be eligible to play in the fall, per the NCAA.

That's why things are slowly coming back around to "staying at Miami".
Exactly why I asked if it is confirmed that he has enrolled…

Last edited:
Learning how to drive commercial vehicles in Miami is like learning how to drive a tank on a mine field. Be safe out there my brother.
yooo, this just took me back...Unexpectedly (the only delivery truck driver quit), I was thrown into the fire at my first summer job prior to enrolling at the U. Although a box truck, **** was WILD!!! This was prior to google, not only did I learn to drive a truck around but also used a physical map to learn how to navigate Miami!!! 8 hour days were like 14 the first couple of weeks lol. Thanks for taking me back!

Advertisement
Back