DT Simeon Barrow, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Some of you guys didn't watch the spring game. Campbell played with the 1s, and Moten was with the 2s.
I think if Barrow leaves, first of all, Mesidor moves inside. Then, the top 3 are Clark, Mesidor, and Cook. The next 3 would be Campbell, Moten, and Horton, unless the freshmen outcompete them.

Advertisement
I just don’t see a world where they’re a step down. I believe Bain & Mesidor will be heavily involved inside on pass pro. DL was decimated last year by injury mid season and defense was humming. Campbell will have bigger role than we think too. Really wish JHH stayed.
Its not a step down because u believe in campbell who literally has rarely played at this level..Same as moten and horton. Just because LT and JHH weren’t world beaters doesn’t mean they didn’t play a big part in our defense being good last year. I respect the optimism but idk man, i thought it was a shaky situation even with barrow

Last edited:
From 247

"Checked in this morning. I’m told Miami and Barrow are “working through it.” It sounds like there has been communication."
I must of missed it don't feel like scrolling back so what's the reason for the cold feet from this guy giving us the shaft? Thought he signed?! Would be a massive loss we don't have D lineman like him!

Advertisement
From 247

"Checked in this morning. I’m told Miami and Barrow are “working through it.” It sounds like there has been communication."

The communication...

Barrow:

Show Me The Money GIF

Miami:

Tom Cruise GIF by Jerology

Based on what @JayCane20 has written to explain the situation, here's how I read it:

"He" (aka his dad) has a money problem and there is no quick solution for it. I presume that his father received payment for his son signing something and now, that schools wants the money back, BUT... that money is gone.

It's not an issue on Miami's side in regards to money or anything. I presume some school found out about it and offered him a one-time early payment that we won't do in order to a) secure his services and b) resolve the money issue.

But I know people to an extent: He isn't leaving because he wants to, he is leaving because he has to. He had more than enough time thinking about where to go, I am fairly certain he had enough competitive offers on the table, he spent offseason training here and matriculated (big word, as explained prior) and now, all of a sudden, he wants to leave? Nah.

Based on the fact that Barrow apparently only told players and never the coaching staff or an executive on what's going on, I presume Miami never was that aware of a money issue in the first place, which is why now it looks like him staying again because we make an effort into retaining him.

I'd have a bigger issue with players yapping to media about it. I can only assume Mario is going to call in a meeting and give the team an earful about talking with the media. Essentially, the media knew ahead of Mario that a player has an issue and wants to leave. That can never, and I mean NEVER, happen.
This is well done

Advertisement
I must of missed it don't feel like scrolling back so what's the reason for the cold feet from this guy giving us the shaft? Thought he signed?! Would be a massive loss we don't have D lineman like him!
It’s all on Page 34.

And because the edit function doesn't let me edit the necessary quote...

Based on what Zenitz wrote, he found out based on conversations with players. I believe Mario never knew about it and there was nothing we can do till now.

If Miami wasn't going to pay for it, he'd be gone already. But he isn't..

Maybe he felt embarrassed that he had to leave cause the money he got, he couldn't pay back? So he didn't want to tell Mario and the staff at first cause he felt like he'd be letting them down.

If Barrow stays, call a team meeting, have him apologize for putting any doubt out there that he didn't want to be here.
and then let Mario rip into the team for talking to the media like a bunch of hoes.

IMG_5793.jpeg

Just a reminder not saying this solves anything but i keep seeing u guys put mesidor behind bain as an edge rusher. I think majority of his snaps will be in the interior this year, he said this way before barrow committed too hopefully we can have both here lol

Advertisement
Next installment, Miami and Barrow engaged in make-up ***. All good, nothing to see here.
Make up *** from your woman is her trying to change the way you feel. It is NOT an apology for her actions. Make the words come out of her mouth!!!

Advertisement
You are right my guy. This isnt the early 2000s if you can learn the playbook and you are physically ready you will play. We had a two true freshman at key positions start all of last year in cece and bain. If the young guys are physically ready and know the play book no reason for them not to get some burn.
Yup! Jones and Blount will play and Scott will be in the rotation. When kids had to sit out and couldn’t go wherever they wanted you could stack talent. Todays game is different as you mentioned. The freshman will play or leave. That’s todays ball. Barrow is better than cook so it hurts in a talent sense. But

Horton inside people forget about. Scott is a beast. Jones is a beast. Blount can play inside and outside. We will be fine. Secondary worries me more

again Scott and Jones are not your average freshman DT - both massive and can probably argue they are the most athletic dt's in the country... its not every day you come across dt's with that footwork , especially at their size already

Blount is growing up as we speak can already see his body filling out and getting jacked
And NO one mentions Horton who’s in his second year with the program and will help.

No bueno fellas, no bueno. UF is going to have success wearing us out in between the tackles. Same with FSU and a few others. They were likely going to have success with Barrow anyway, but now especially. We better drop 40+ or we will underwhelm in the column that matters.
Only problem with this is those teams will not be running considering we're going to score and score a lot on them with this offense.

Advertisement
Back