2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Advertisement
So the obvious answer here (for me personally and I’m sure a fair number of Cane fans) is that the incessant and aggravating banter that comes from being behind those two is just flat out annoying. Especially when it revolves around something that your head coach is nationally known for and was given 80 million to acquire more talent than 95% of football teams. Certainly more than Billy Napier and Mike Norvell, and should have an adequate amount of money to do so?

But I’ll paint a larger picture: if you can’t win the recruiting battle within your own state, how are you supposed to eventually beat out nationally-dominant programs like UGA, Bama, USC, Ohio St, Texas, A&M, Michigan, Penn St, ND, etc.?

Again it’s not “Mario sucks *** at recruiting”, it’s more of…uh…time is ticking, and we’ve got a huge season to focus on. Do you really want to have recruiting doubts and amplify the magnitude of this season for the program’s success, as well as Mario’s tenure here?

Recruiting is supposed to be the easy part. Don’t give me the 5-7 bs when UF and OU are balling out. Don’t give me the money excuse either because that’s how the game has been played in the past, and hasn’t just changed this year.
You're right. This cycle is over. Might as well pack it up.

We need a commit every 2 days or half the board goes into withdrawal.
I’m not coming at you in particular but this is exactly what @WeBallinBoyz is talking about.

At this point, yes we kind of do. We can’t just sit back while FSU and UF have better classes than us. We need to get **** done.
We have supposedly missed on a lot of our targets so far. With NIL, guys are locked in before the season begins. Maybe a small handful flip during the season and ESD, NSD but the summer is extremely important for recruiting.

This isn’t Manny Diaz 17th ranked classes anymore. Mario was hired because his floor is top 12 classes with the expectation being close to top 5. Gambling on having a great season to close on recruits is a dangerous game because we’ve seen this too many times before. Also, who’s to say even if we have a great season, UGA, Bama, TAMU, etc doesn’t throw huge bags to get the targets we’re after anyway?

It’s not over by any means but to question people who have legitimate questions and pretend everything is ok is also asinine. We’ve been fed the wrong expectations since before spring. So, for people to be like “what’s going on? Are we ok? Mario showed us last year he can close at this time” is completely valid and reasonable.

It's the same legion of posters who have bloody discharge spewing out of vaginas because Mario doesn't have a top 3 class locked up 6 months before NSD.
Do we need to do this again? I guess we do.

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.31.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.23.55 PM.png

I Didnt Say That Canadian GIF by CBC
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Advertisement
I’m not coming at you in particular but this is exactly what @WeBallinBoyz is talking about.

At this point, yes we kind of do. We can’t just sit back while FSU and UF have better classes than us. We need to get **** done.
We have supposedly missed on a lot of our targets so far. With NIL, guys are locked in before the season begins. Maybe a small handful flip during the season and ESD, NSD but the summer is extremely important for recruiting.

This isn’t Manny Diaz 17th ranked classes anymore. Mario was hired because his floor is top 12 classes with the expectation being close to top 5. Gambling on having a great season to close on recruits is a dangerous game because we’ve seen this too many times before. Also, who’s to say even if we have a great season, UGA, Bama, TAMU, etc doesn’t throw huge bags to get the targets we’re after anyway?

It’s not over by any means but to question people who have legitimate questions and pretend everything is ok is also asinine. We’ve been fed the wrong expectations since before spring. So, for people to be like “what’s going on? Are we ok? Mario showed us last year he can close at this time” is completely valid and reasonable.
we won 5 games last year ... gotta prove it ... that's what fsu did

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s a special case where he keeps flip flopping back and forth but forgets.

And to be clear, I’m not trying to mope around and say Mario can’t recruit because that’s a stupid thing to say. It’s been proven at nauseam that he’s amazing and relentless with talent acquisition. What he did salvaging the 2022 class was remarkable. 2023 getting those guys to stick after a disastrous season was even more impressive.

I’m just merely stating a few things, mainly that I don’t think it’s acceptable to be last among the Big 3 in recruiting under him because that’s how highly thought of he is.

Completely have faith in him as always, I’m just alluding to what the results are right now. And if we fail to close on multiple guys between now and Sept. 1, well then this season really might be a make or break type of thing. Not that he should be let go or anything, but that anything worse than 7-5 (even though it really should be 8-4) will produce a similar recruiting class in 2025, and Mario needs elite talent to take us to the next level. Schedule is also pretty **** hard next year.

This class has just a few elite players (for now). Moral of the story: get Franklin and Patterson (maybe another?) in the boat before the season starts, and the tune changes considerably.

He’s a special case where he keeps flip flopping back and forth but forgets.

And to be clear, I’m not trying to mope around and say Mario can’t recruit because that’s a stupid thing to say. It’s been proven at nauseam that he’s amazing and relentless with talent acquisition. What he did salvaging the 2022 class was remarkable. 2023 getting those guys to stick after a disastrous season was even more impressive.

I’m just merely stating a few things, mainly that I don’t think it’s acceptable to be last among the Big 3 in recruiting under him because that’s how highly thought of he is.

Completely have faith in him as always, I’m just alluding to what the results are right now. And if we fail to close on multiple guys between now and Sept. 1, well then this season really might be a make or break type of thing. Not that he should be let go or anything, but that anything worse than 7-5 (even though it really should be 8-4) will produce a similar recruiting class in 2025, and Mario needs elite talent to take us to the next level. Schedule is also pretty **** hard next year.

This class has just a few elite players (for now). Moral of the story: get Franklin and Patterson (maybe another?) in the boat before the season starts, and the tune changes considerably.
I think Zaquon takes it into the season knowing his final destination ala Bain last season. Extending the recruiting process = more attention, free money, and protecting their recruiting ranking. K Frank is announcing in August so locking him down plus another 1 or 2 might be best case scenario before we kickoff against Miami, Ohio.

Advertisement
Moral of the story: get Franklin and Patterson (maybe another?) in the boat before the season starts, and the tune changes considerably.
That's the thing about music. It takes on a different purpose in everyone. You know when you'll all know the tune? Signing day when you're supposed to. You guys all constantly try to throw in y'all's two cents into what Mario should be doing and when. The problem with that though, is he don't give a **** about y'all's opinions when he knows what he's gotta do when it's all said and done. Recruiting is a game in and of itself. Let it all play out than fire away with the comments. My two cents, we ain't never gonna be in the bottom of the big 3 in recruiting. NEVER. Do just relax and realize these kids are just like Mario. They're not worried about keeping y'all in the loop either. That's these reporters and fake *** beat writers that constantly feel the need to throw **** at the wall to see what sticks. Most of them know slightly more than y'all. Let fans simply be fans. Now I gotta hop on a plane to Colombia. Y'all enjoy your weekends & VIVA LA PUTAS

That's the thing about music. It takes on a different purpose in everyone. You know when you'll all know the tune? Signing day when you're supposed to. You guys all constantly try to throw in y'all's two cents into what Mario should be doing and when. The problem with that though, is he don't give a **** about y'all's opinions when he knows what he's gotta do when it's all said and done. Recruiting is a game in and of itself. Let it all play out than fire away with the comments. My two cents, we ain't never gonna be in the bottom of the big 3 in recruiting. NEVER. Do just relax and realize these kids are just like Mario. They're not worried about keeping y'all in the loop either. That's these reporters and fake *** beat writers that constantly feel the need to throw **** at the wall to see what sticks. Most of them know slightly more than y'all. Let fans simply be fans. Now I gotta hop on a plane to Colombia. Y'all enjoy your weekends & VIVA LA PUTAS
All i read was Colombia y viva las putas,my dawg🍻

Schitts Creek Please GIF by CBC

Advertisement
Back