2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Apparently he's visiting Bama instead

View attachment 248287
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We don’t have momentum? Didn’t we just land Trader and Jones like 10 days ago?
Two weeks ago today.

I don’t think having the 16th-ranked class with Texas, Auburn, and potentially SCar + Arkansas jumping us shortly is considered sustained momentum from that point, no. But everyone has different opinions.

In my book as a whole, three blue-chips in the hottest month of recruiting doesn’t cut it. Not with our aspirations and the man in charge.

Good thing this BBQ has some prime time targets that we need to lock up/make an impression on.

Two weeks ago today.

I don’t think having the 16th-ranked class with Texas, Auburn, and potentially SCar + Arkansas jumping us shortly is considered sustained momentum from that point, no. But everyone has different opinions.

In my book as a whole, three blue-chips in the hottest month of recruiting doesn’t cut it. Not with our aspirations and the man in charge.

Good thing this BBQ has some prime time targets that we need to lock up/make an impression on.
Mario seems to compartmentalize his schedule. Granted he’s always recruiting he has clear phases. Gotta close on some of these guys before the season starts like we did last year for sure. It’s not dire, yet, in my opinion but it sure would be nice.

Mario seems to compartmentalize his schedule. Granted he’s always recruiting he has clear phases. Gotta close on some of these guys before the season starts like we did last year for sure. It’s not dire, yet, in my opinion but it sure would be nice.
I think it’s a really big weekend personally. FSU just landed Charles Lester and are about to land the USC de-commit tomorrow. That’s two blue chips in 24 hours.

We all clown Norvell for recruiting and rightfully so, and thus it’s embarrassing to be behind them in recruiting. Mario Cristobal should NEVER finish below a Mike Norvell-led recruiting class.

Forget UF being miles ahead of us, FSU is now opening a small gap. It’s time for Mario to be Mario and close. I don’t care what rationale you want to spin about why the kids are committed there or how long they will be if x happens, because that’s all hypothetical. As of right now, we’re last of the three, and Mario’s strength is supposed to be talent acquisition.

Sure, the game lasts til December, but do we really want to rely on flips?

Advertisement
Two weeks ago today.

I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met

I think it’s a really big weekend personally. FSU just landed Charles Lester and are about to land the USC de-commit tomorrow. That’s two blue chips in 24 hours.

We all clown Norvell for recruiting and rightfully so, and thus it’s embarrassing to be behind them in recruiting. Mario Cristobal should NEVER finish below a Mike Norvell-led recruiting class.

Forget UF being miles ahead of us, FSU is now opening a small gap. It’s time for Mario to be Mario and close. I don’t care what rationale you want to spin about why the kids are committed there or how long they will be if x happens, because that’s all hypothetical. As of right now, we’re last of the three, and Mario’s strength is supposed to be talent acquisition.

Sure, the game lasts til December, but do we really want to rely on flips?
I’m genuinely in the minority here but I don’t care about FSU or UiF

We’ve got our own issues when it comes to recruiting and obviously on the field. Keeping tabs on them is even more useless to me than playing this stock up stock down game every day with our team

But your overall point, no arguments. We’ve got a lot of work to do. A lot has been building for these last few weeks I’ve had mid august pegged in my brain for a while as another time to see where we are at in general. Need some dudes to pull the trigger for sure and take some pressure off the season

I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met
That’s fine, you can continue acting like a child. I’ve put you in a bodybag far too many times to continue this game.

If you’re ok with being bottom three in the state of Florida recruiting, then I have nothing for you. Again, perception matters. When they land Itete tomorrow, you know what FSU will be? Seventh, barely off a top five class.

This isn’t May, June or early July anymore. There are mere days in July left and fall camp starts very soon. I haven’t even begun to talk about the number of blue chips already committed on a national scale.

But go ahead, everything is perfectly fine right now.

Advertisement
That’s fine, you can continue acting like a child. I’ve put you in a bodybag far too many times to continue this game.

If you’re ok with being bottom three in the state of Florida recruiting, then I have nothing for you. Again, perception matters. When they land Itete tomorrow, you know what FSU will be? Seventh, barely off a top five class.

This isn’t May, June or early July anymore. There are mere days in July left and fall camp starts very soon. I haven’t even begun to talk about the number of blue chips already committed on a national scale.

But go ahead, everything is perfectly fine right now.
We were told to wait until the end of July. It’s going to have to be the biggest few days ever to put us in a good place going into fall

I’m genuinely in the minority here but I don’t care about FSU or UiF

We’ve got our own issues when it comes to recruiting and obviously on the field. Keeping tabs on them is even more useless to me than playing this stock up stock down game every day with our team

But your overall point, no arguments. We’ve got a lot of work to do. A lot has been building for these last few weeks I’ve had mid august pegged in my brain for a while as another time to see where we are at in general. Need some dudes to pull the trigger for sure and take some pressure off the season
So the obvious answer here (for me personally and I’m sure a fair number of Cane fans) is that the incessant and aggravating banter that comes from being behind those two is just flat out annoying. Especially when it revolves around something that your head coach is nationally known for and was given 80 million to acquire more talent than 95% of football teams. Certainly more than Billy Napier and Mike Norvell, and should have an adequate amount of money to do so?

But I’ll paint a larger picture: if you can’t win the recruiting battle within your own state, how are you supposed to eventually beat out nationally-dominant programs like UGA, Bama, USC, Ohio St, Texas, A&M, Michigan, Penn St, ND, etc.?

Again it’s not “Mario sucks *** at recruiting”, it’s more of…uh…time is ticking, and we’ve got a huge season to focus on. Do you really want to have recruiting doubts and amplify the magnitude of this season for the program’s success, as well as Mario’s tenure here?

Recruiting is supposed to be the easy part. Don’t give me the 5-7 bs when UF and OU are balling out. Don’t give me the money excuse either because that’s how the game has been played in the past, and hasn’t just changed this year.

Advertisement
Back