2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

its a brand, but it isnt this massive brand compared to Messi and it isnt close. @Rellyrell already went into specifics with the myth of the UM brand. when we're rolling, which was 20 years ago in a very different tv market with a very different viewer, we were highly watched. a lot has changed since then though. also w the ratings, our biggest draws were still the big games that get big draws now. we weren't getting numbers for the bulk of our schedule.

Messi is LeBron level in terms of interest and draw. UM can't compete w either in their local market. UM is just lucky Messi is MLS and Apple TV only and not a higher rated sport like the NBA and the Heat which dominate the market. either way, theyre not in competition with each other anyways.
Lol, the point isn’t comparing Messi as a brand to UM. It’s simply noting that if people who are supposedly involved with NIL are the same people capable of helping bring a name as big as Messi to Miami…..it’s literally pennies on the dollar.

Advertisement
Lol, the point isn’t comparing Messi as a brand to UM. It’s simply noting that if people who are supposedly involved with NIL are the same people capable of helping bring a name as big as Messi to Miami…..it’s literally pennies on the dollar.
so here's the thing. Jorge Mas and Co-Owner Beckham make money by bringing Messi to Inter Miami. Mas doesn't make any money bringing Dylan Stewart to miami. no one on earth knows who he is nor is Mas receiving any revenue from it. his family donates to UM bc of their love but it isnt the same as direct ROI from being a team owner

so here's the thing. Jorge Mas and Co-Owner Beckham make money by bringing Messi to Inter Miami. Mas doesn't make any money bringing Dylan Stewart to miami. no one on earth knows who he is nor is Mas receiving any revenue from it. his family donates to UM bc of their love but it isnt the same as direct ROI from being a team owner
Not through a collective, but there are other avenues through NIL where direct ROI is more than doable.

Advertisement
Not at first, but as their draft position and notoriety increase they absolutely can. Especially in a market like Miami.
miami isnt a college football market. names dont sell well here compared to pro athletes. we just aren't that market. now in a college town, yes bc college football is the pro team

miami isnt a college football market. names dont sell well here compared to pro athletes. we just aren't that market. now in a college town, yes bc college football is the pro team
The Canes owned the Miami sports market when they were winning big, that’s been proven before the only difference is that these opportunities weren’t available to show objective numbers for players then.

The Canes owned the Miami sports market when they were winning big, that’s been proven before the only difference is that these opportunities weren’t available to show objective numbers for players then.
ehhhhh. owend is a big word. they never drew well consistently and the fins owned the market until the heat got lebron. I was at those games in 01, there were very few packed games that year and we had an elite team.

Advertisement
Help me with something……We have boosters that brought Messi to Miami but we can’t get a couple big time high school DTs? Is that the insinuation here?
Believe me, I want them to buy a class for us, but the profit that they will make with Messi will dwarf our football program's revenue.

He's the most famous athlete of all time.. You pay whatever price for him, because the profit will be there as long as he is.

NIL is charity for all but a handful of players. I just wish we had more (and more generous) benefactors.

ehhhhh. owend is a big word. they never drew well consistently and the fins owned the market until the heat got lebron. I was at those games in 01, there were very few packed games that year and we had an elite team.
I’d love to see how some Canes stars in the early 2000s compared in marketability to their Dolphin counterparts with hard numbers. I bet they’d more than hold their own.

Believe me, I want them to buy a class for us, but the profit that they will make with Messi will dwarf our football program's revenue.

He's the most famous athlete of all time.. You pay whatever price for him, because the profit will be there as long as he is.

NIL is charity for all but a handful of players. I just wish we had more (and more generous) benefactors.
this. w all the popularity of football, the most well funded NIL athlete is a gymnast from LSU. people overestimate how popular individual kids are in college football. the brand is more popular than the player

Advertisement

The investment would also dwarf what they’d spend to improve a Miami roster. The competition isn’t Messi vs UM, it’s UM vs other schools when a brand as big as Messi is even doable for those who represent UM.

I’d love to see how some Canes stars in the early 2000s compared in marketability to their Dolphin counterparts with hard numbers. I bet they’d more than hold their own.

yeah look id love for to be true but im from here and grew up with it. the fins were always the most popular team. the canes have their niche fanbase. 30-40k diehards.

Advertisement
I distinctly heard D$ on his videos say there is plenty of NIL for the players we after. All of a sudden its poverty state university.
Well it’s an easier pill to swallow than our guy whose strength is recruiting just couldnt get the job done because his dumpster fire first season undermined him there. Mario slit his own throat.

I'll also say this: Mas and Beckham got more than a little lucky, because Messi wanted to come here.
and the fact that Barcelona still didnt have a tangible way to get him on their roster. It was basically miami or return back to barca but with the issues barca has financially, there was no real way to get him there outside of selling off everyone

Advertisement
Back