2024 DL Kamarion Franklin 2.0 (commits to Ole Miss)

Advertisement
Ain’t coming
We better bag up to keep a jones
But maybe this is Mario’s plan
there’s a reason why he hired Guidry
Bc he only plays 2dts at a time

This years dt recruiting is like last years wr

Can’t we just take what we had designated for Justin Scott, stone, Stewart, and some others and up the amount for Franklin?

Advertisement
If we fail to land Kam and the rest of the quality DTs, we gotta move Joe off-field or fire him. That’s a hard line in the sand for me
Can't see it happening. Mario knows we don't have the funds to win battles for DT's. He isn't gonna fire a guy cuz we don't have the cash to pony up.

Help me with something……We have boosters that brought Messi to Miami but we can’t get a couple big time high school DTs? Is that the insinuation here?
one actually makes them money while the other doesn't. UM isnt a big draw to the reg fan. Messi is to anyone anywhere in the world. on top of that, Messi is getting a cut of the Apple TV revenue and Adidas money among other things. while mas and Beckham own inter, it really was Beckham that brought Messi here

Advertisement
We're not outbidding Auburn.

We don't have to. Just...

1690926384617.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
one actually makes them money while the other doesn't. UM isnt a big draw to the reg fan. Messi is to anyone anywhere in the world. on top of that, Messi is getting a cut of the Apple TV revenue and Adidas money among other things. while mas and Beckham own inter, it really was Beckham that brought Messi here
Depends on how they navigate the ACC issue, when rolling Miami is a national brand and huge tv ratings draw. At the very least it would provide leverage to position better for inevitable conference realignment and return. It absolutely has potential to make money at a fraction of the cost.

Point taken on the specifics of bringing Messi though, I admittedly don’t know who contributed what to ultimately delivering him.

Depends on how they navigate the ACC issue, when rolling Miami is a national brand and huge tv ratings draw. At the very least it would provide leverage to position better for inevitable conference realignment and return. It absolutely has potential to make money at a fraction of the cost.

Point taken on the specifics of bringing Messi though, I admittedly don’t know the specifics or who contributed what.
its a brand, but it isnt this massive brand compared to Messi and it isnt close. @Rellyrell already went into specifics with the myth of the UM brand. when we're rolling, which was 20 years ago in a very different tv market with a very different viewer, we were highly watched. a lot has changed since then though. also w the ratings, our biggest draws were still the big games that get big draws now. we weren't getting numbers for the bulk of our schedule.

Messi is LeBron level in terms of interest and draw. UM can't compete w either in their local market. UM is just lucky Messi is MLS and Apple TV only and not a higher rated sport like the NBA and the Heat which dominate the market. either way, theyre not in competition with each other anyways.

Advertisement
Back