2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
This all is much more fun with Mario at the helm. We won't win all of these but we will win some and that makes the losses tolerable. In the past when we'd lose a Dalvin Cook or a Sammy Watkins or a Surtain and the existential dread that came with it was suffocating.

When in Tampa for the Canes game. Had to come check out Pickett.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
If I have learned anything the last two cycles... Don't count Mario out, EVER, dude is relentless
This^^^

Two things that I have never questioned Mario on:

1. His eye for identifying talented players with high character.

2. His ability to close on said talented players.

We also have to pump the brakes. I remember some here wanting to commit Harakiri when Cormani trolled Mario and went to waste away in Colorado. Kid has been a big time bust so far. Being a 5-Star guarantees nothing. Getting the high character 5-Star players that will do the right thing, compete and acclimate to the culture quickly is much more important.

I dont see a phenom like Jeremiah I would still take this dude though. Pause, but its not guaranteed as it was with Jeremiah that he's going to be an animal top 10 pick type. I don't see that but I could be wrong, S imo is where his money spot and full potential can be reached.

I dont see a phenom like Jeremiah I would still take this dude though. Pause, but its not guaranteed as it was with Jeremiah that he's going to be an animal top 10 pick type. I don't see that but I could be wrong, S imo is where his money spot and full potential can be reached.

Agree. Big WR with elite ability? Those are a rare breed - you go all in for those. Pickett is a 6-5 DB with 10.4 speed - you always go after those dudes. Now, do you break the bank for a kid without a position? I am in favor of going all in for the kid but not all elite players are built alike.

Advertisement
That couldn't be! Just last season we had quite a few corch Brian Kelly homers saying how much better a coach he is than Mario & **** near anyone else. Lol. Can't tell them about b kells.
I can man up and say that I had my reservations about Mario, but I know for a **** fact I wasn’t snorting that CIS Brian Kelly powder lol

Advertisement
Back