2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
I don't think a game or 2 is really gonna make a difference.

At the end of the day, just offer the kid as much money as possible & keep inviting him to whichever home games he wants to see.

As long as our Defense continues to play well & he can see with his own eyes how much improved we are as a program, then that's really all you can do at this point.

There's no pitch, or no special speech that be can given that he hasn't already heard. His Pops just has to be willing to sack up & let his Son be a trailblazer.

There isn't a single thing he can do or have done for him at LSU that can't be done at Miami & yes that includes being developed into a 1st round draft pick.

Last edited:

At the end of the day, just offer the kid as much money as possible & keep inviting him to whichever home games he wants to see.

As long as our Defense continues to play well & he can see with his own eyes how much improved we are as a program, then that's really all you can do at this point.

There's no pitch, or no special speech that be can given that he hasn't already heard. His Pops just has to be willing to sack up & let his Son be a trailblazer.

There isn't a single thing he can do or have done for him at LSU that can't be done at Miami & yes that includes being developed into a 1st round draft pick.
The closer NSD gets the more he’ll realize Baton Rouge is a long ways from his family. Like you said he can get everything he needs here and family included. We need to just hold up our end on the field.

Advertisement
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Imagine wanting to play for Brian Kelly
I remember when DJ committed, Damien SR said that one of the factors was (paraphrasing) playing in major big time/prime time games...

That was really funny to me because no other Coach loses more prime time games than "Big Game" Brian Kelly. That's not homeristic hyperbole either. BKellz has 35 losses against the AP top 25 for his career, (the most among all active Coaches), 4-16 against the top 10 & 0-7 against the top 5.

Advertisement
IMG_6157.jpeg

From 247..I don’t think brian kelly matters much in this recruitment, this kid and his dad seem to be locked in with raymond

Keep chopping wood and winning, we have the home and family factor, they have the track record factor with raymond. Im sure both bags are crazy

I remember when DJ committed, Damien SR said that one of the factors was (paraphrasing) playing in major big time/prime time games...

That was really funny to me because no other Coach loses more prime time games than "Big Game" Brian Kelly. That's not homeristic hyperbole either. BKellz has 35 losses against the AP top 25 for his career, (the most among all active Coaches), 4-16 against the top 10 & 0-7 against the top 5.
That couldn't be! Just last season we had quite a few corch Brian Kelly homers saying how much better a coach he is than Mario & **** near anyone else. Lol. Can't tell them about b kells.

Advertisement

Facts people rooting for lsu to lose like if that’s going to change a relationship.

Advertisement
Cause it’s never been about wins and losses he’s attached to Raymond. It’s that simple if you allow it to be. Same as kids coming here when we were 5-7 and choosing us over Bama OSU etc.

DJ Picket's "things I like about certain schools" list:

1a. Longtime LSU fan (long-term factor)
1b. Corey Raymond relationship (more recent factor)
2. Miami is great.
3. Cousin 1 goes to Miami.
4. Cousin 2 will go to Miami.
5. Miami is awesome.
6. Mario is a leader.
7. Miami DC and DB coaches are pretty solid.
8. Miami is close to home.
9. Miami will offer near-immediate playing time.
10. Miami likely wins more games.

1a and 1b are hard to beat, even when you have 2-10.

2. Miami is great.
5. Miami is awesome.
6. Mario is a leader.

Better there than UF cause that’s probably where he would have went if they retained Corey.

2. Miami is great.
5. Miami is awesome.
6. Mario is a leader.

Also I don’t understand why this has to be explained every recruiting cycle. “Well I hope LSU loses and let’s see what he thinks about them afterward”. Like bruh we just went 5-7 two years ago and cleaned up.

Every **** year man smh

Advertisement
Back