2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Im asking out of pure ignorance. What makes him so exciting as a CB compared to our other commit Jaboree ? When I watch Jaboree highlights I see tons of PBU, nice tackles, a natural at corner etc. I haven't seen any DJ CB highlights just some safety and plenty of wide receiver. Again I know nothing
Me personally i think he’s a safety or wr. Not saying he can’t play cb but those positions i can see him being great at

DJ Pickett, 2025 DB, LSU commit (live stream): When five-star DJ Pickett wants to turn it on, he can do just that. Against what might be the most formidable opponent on his senior-season schedule, Pickett produced three turnovers in a 28-14 loss for Zephyrhills to nearby Wiregrass Ranch. Pickett's first takeaway came on an errant throw to the sidelines. The second came when he won a jump ball in the deeper third. Sandwiched in between was a crushing hit behind the line of scrimmage that jared the football free.

Pickett remains a polarizing evaluation. He's a one-of-a-kind athlete at 6-foot-4 with 10.6-second speed, but he isn't exactly a clean projection to any position. Pickett spent a majority of the night working as a field corner in off-man coverage and also got a few snaps at safety. The forced fumble came from a single-high posting where he read a speed option to near perfection and came flying downhill looking to make a play. That sequence was impressive, but there were a handful of instances where he appeared to be avoiding contact.

Pickett, who is committed to LSU, is likely going to get a good hard look as a perimeter corner at the next level with his length, but he might be better suited to play over the top with his range and ball skills. Andrew Ivins, 247Sports director of scouting

Advertisement

DJ Pickett, 2025 DB, LSU commit (live stream): When five-star DJ Pickett wants to turn it on, he can do just that. Against what might be the most formidable opponent on his senior-season schedule, Pickett produced three turnovers in a 28-14 loss for Zephyrhills to nearby Wiregrass Ranch. Pickett's first takeaway came on an errant throw to the sidelines. The second came when he won a jump ball in the deeper third. Sandwiched in between was a crushing hit behind the line of scrimmage that jared the football free.

Pickett remains a polarizing evaluation. He's a one-of-a-kind athlete at 6-foot-4 with 10.6-second speed, but he isn't exactly a clean projection to any position. Pickett spent a majority of the night working as a field corner in off-man coverage and also got a few snaps at safety. The forced fumble came from a single-high posting where he read a speed option to near perfection and came flying downhill looking to make a play. That sequence was impressive, but there were a handful of instances where he appeared to be avoiding contact.

Pickett, who is committed to LSU, is likely going to get a good hard look as a perimeter corner at the next level with his length, but he might be better suited to play over the top with his range and ball skills. Andrew Ivins, 247Sports director of scouting

Sounding more and more like Ray Ray Armstrong and James Williams. May need to come closer to the ball to maximize his skill set. Could you imagine a kid with that size and speed combo at Will or strong Nickel?

Advertisement
Sounding more and more like Ray Ray Armstrong and James Williams. May need to come closer to the ball to maximize his skill set. Could you imagine a kid with that size and speed combo at Will or strong Nickel?
I really hope that isn't the case, depending on his change of direction and hips at the college level. We know he's pretty fast though

Advertisement
Me coming into this thread reading some of these comments

jay z GIF

Advertisement
You guys may be right. I'm just seeing a familiar pattern. And I know he's light in the pants now. But if his Pickett genes kick in, he's going to get bigger. If Bissainthe can go from 180 to 230, this kid has the frame to do that too. ... You know, it's not an insult to say he could be starting NFL caliber LB.

Might need to put yourself on ignore, yikes!

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by that. I was just trying to avoid a ****ing contest over whether Mario was a good or bad choice for HC in every off season thread. I thought we could get beyond that now that we're both celebrating the team's rise to prominence after 2 decades of failure ... and yes, 2 years of multiple Mario missteps.

I also am not seeing the hype with this cat. I'd be stoked what it would do for psyops and "class ranking," if we got him, but I don't think he will be as good as Bain, Baron, Brandon Merriweather or Antrel Rolle. I think he's stupid overhyped.

Dude is a better "athlete" than football player. Jaboree is WAAAAYYY better right now. I'd also be cool saving the money he'd want for next year's QB.

Advertisement
Back