2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

This won’t be over 7/17
Agreed, and this is true even if he picks Miami on 7/17.

Winning matters, you heard it directly from his mouth. As long as we win football games, he’s coming here.

You don’t win…well let’s hope we don’t have to deal with the alternative. Win 10 and there’s no more questions.

Advertisement
Thanks. Where does Canon Pickett fit in?

DJP's younger brother.

Who is Bruce Warner? What does he do?

Used to be a sports agent/personality back in the 80s/90s. Was a sports agent to several of the non-drafted/low drafted Canes from the early 90s. He was also on the radio quite a bit during that time. Dude has been around for eons.

DJ is coming to Miami. He was going to wait until OCT because he wanted to see UM win first…. But he’s bought all in, he knows we winning and stomping those **** heads week 1.

Also knows if **** hits the fan he could decommit later. Get in and become the ambassador for the school you and your family love.

DJ is coming to Miami. He was going to wait until OCT because he wanted to see UM win first…. But he’s bought all in, he knows we winning and stomping those **** heads week 1.

Also knows if **** hits the fan he could decommit later. Get in and become the ambassador for the school you and your family love.

Logical. The only advantage to not committing is if some other program starts paying out NIL prior to matriculating and Miami won't. But I cannot imagine Mario being caught blindsided there. So why the heck not commit to us now? It's not like DJ wouldn't be a +1 at any program in the P4 if he was disappointed in Miami and wanted to flip later.

Advertisement
Logical. The only advantage to not committing is if some other program starts paying out NIL prior to matriculating and Miami won't. But I cannot imagine Mario being caught blindsided there. So why the heck not commit to us now? It's not like DJ wouldn't be a +1 at any program in the P4 if he was disappointed in Miami and wanted to flip later.
Miami won’t get out-NILd for these types of guys I agree

Pickett can basically call his own shots, would be amazing to see him lock it down now for the home team

Miami won’t get out-NILd for these types of guys I agree

Pickett can basically call his own shots, would be amazing to see him lock it down now for the home team
Miami was prepared to give David Stone whatever he wanted to come to UM…. It almost happened per Cribby.

When Mario wants a top guy, 95/100 times money will never stop that.

Just wait until we start taking advantage of the HS kids now being able to sign NIL deals in state.

And with a couple years under our belts and 0 reports of nobody not getting paid agreed upon amounts has to bode well for us. Shows we operate with integrity and not air unlike the jorts crew up north. This will all become child's play once we start winning games in the fall.

We fuqin

Miami was prepared to give David Stone whatever he wanted to come to UM…. It almost happened per Cribby.

When Mario wants a top guy, 95/100 times money will never stop that.

Just wait until we start taking advantage of the HS kids now being able to sign NIL deals in state.
Phil Knight can talk all the mess he wants

Also would expect many calls into the Department of Labor from Alabama area codes after that statement he made

Advertisement
And with a couple years under our belts and 0 reports of nobody not getting paid agreed upon amounts has to bode well for us. Shows we operate with integrity and not air unlike the jorts crew up north. This will all become child's play once we start winning games in the fall.

Win 10+ and Mario is getting whoever he wants

Who is Bruce Warner? What does he do?
He’s a weekly gues on Alex Donny’s pod (Locked on Canes).

I’m not clear on specifics, but he’s an attorney who was close to the program In the 80s, 90s and 00s, and maintains personal relationships w a lot of the players from those days. I believe he did radio back in the day.

He name drops occasionally, and sometimes indicates his opinions are informed by people currently around the team. He definitely isn’t one of these weirdos who chases recruits, but I have no idea how deep his ties to the program really are.

Advertisement
Y'all trim

I just always wanted to say that🤣
for-shizzle.gif

He will be here regardless jus saying

I see the recruitment of DJP and Dallas Wilson, alot like how Nebraska was recruiting Florida over the past few years. I don't think Oregon, like Nebraska, is a culture fit for Florida guys. Just looked at the Oregon roster, and the have two Florida guys listed (one of which played in Baltimore, and LA in high school so I can't really count him). The one thing going for Oregon, is that they are trying to package up Tampa based guys with Wilson, Pickett, and Ziyare Addison, but I really think this is one of those not a culture fit type of teams for these guys, and if they do go and don't get immediate playing time (since Oregon is loaded for the foreseeable future), there will be a Florida exodus from there just like at Nebraska. I think Dorlus is the lone exception that went and stayed at Oregon.

Advertisement
I see the recruitment of DJP and Dallas Wilson, alot like how Nebraska was recruiting Florida over the past few years. I don't think Oregon, like Nebraska, is a culture fit for Florida guys. Just looked at the Oregon roster, and the have two Florida guys listed (one of which played in Baltimore, and LA in high school so I can't really count him). The one thing going for Oregon, is that they are trying to package up Tampa based guys with Wilson, Pickett, and Ziyare Addison, but I really think this is one of those not a culture fit type of teams for these guys, and if they do go and don't get immediate playing time (since Oregon is loaded for the foreseeable future), there will be a Florida exodus from there just like at Nebraska. I think Dorlus is the lone exception that went and stayed at Oregon.
Agree

And that Nebraska haul was vastly overrated. If they were legit they wouldn’t have left that program imo. Coaches saw them practise and they got buried on the depth chart immediately

Agree

And that Nebraska haul was vastly overrated. If they were legit they wouldn’t have left that program imo. Coaches saw them practise and they got buried on the depth chart immediately
They were overrated, but they were pounding their chest when they got Francois, Marcus Fleming, Keyshawn Greene, Nadab Joseph, and Henry Gray. and looked what happened, PCP.

I think they same thing is gonna happen with Barney.

They were overrated, but they were pounding their chest when they got Francois, Marcus Fleming, Keyshawn Greene, Nadab Joseph, and Henry Gray. and looked what happened, PCP.

I think they same thing is gonna happen with Barney.
**** those names bring back memories. I didn’t even remember any of them besides Marcus Fleming. You got a good memory fam mines letting me down lol

Advertisement
Back