2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Nah I don't know their NIL situation as far as if they're following through on their payments or not I've heard some rumors about that but don't know it for fact one way or the other. I don't like speaking with people about that kind of stuff for the most part. I was speaking on how the offense is being set up under Chip Kelly opposed to what they were told coming in.

Appreciate the clarification.

They definitely stiffed Innis, though.

Advertisement
It’s like anything else you read.Believe or don’t it’s up to you to decide.I didn’t say I believed it I said it’s what I heard on a podcast or read somewhere in an article but makes sense as to why all of a sudden they’re getting 5 star after 5 star to commit to them.

It's all good. I wasn't giving you a hard time, I was just pointing out the way that they are pumping that story and how they are hoping it will scare anyone away from trying to flip their guys.

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

It's all good. I wasn't giving you a hard time, I was just pointing out the way that they are pumping that story and how they are hoping it will scare anyone away from trying to flip their guys.
It’s all good…Lanning is a good recruiter but he’s not Saban good especially getting all these top kids to go all the way to Timbuktu….something is going on.

Advertisement

**** that’s tough to turn down, but I feel u. Giving a kid 350k at 18 in coral gables and trying to explain to him to chill but he knows another 100 is coming every month…that’s tough.

Also, L is 75 this coming season.

Everyone’s different but Coach K was 76 last year.
Boeheim was 78
Roy Williams was 70

Saying he’s gonna be there another 4 years is prob a stretch.

Advertisement
You think because the reporter goes and speaks to recruits that he actually knows them? Is that what you're saying? Because I'll tell you first then maybe two out of 10 recruits are going to tell reporters anything until they make the commitment somewhere and even at that point it's going to be limited.
No, he knows many of them personally. Many of them he has known since they were very young. That doesn’t mean they tell him where they are going, c’mon man!!

Wow he must be **** good….needs to be a Cane and yes Coach L needs to retire.

His info isn't accurate on most of these sites. He's 17 &
6'11 7/8. Averaged 28 & 18, 4 blocks a game and 6.8 assists... He's still growing so his stamina isn't where it needs to be yet but it'll get there. Being real though I know the few times I've discussed him on here with people that get upset that I tell them I won't let him come here. I let one of my nephews come here for football and we all know how that worked out. I won't allow another one to come here when they have no connection beyond me, only to be hurt by that decision. Don't really care how anyone else feels about that. 99.9% it ain't gonna happen here unless there's a clear path.

His info isn't accurate on most of these sites. He's 17 &
6'11 7/8. Averaged 28 & 18, 4 blocks a game and 6.8 assists... He's still growing so his stamina isn't where it needs to be yet but it'll get there. Being real though I know the few times I've discussed him on here with people that get upset that I tell them I won't let him come here. I let one of my nephews come here for football and we all know how that worked out. I won't allow another one to come here when they have no connection beyond me, only to be hurt by that decision. Don't really care how anyone else feels about that. 99.9% it ain't gonna happen here unless there's a clear path.

Kid is the goods and completely understand your feelings….

Advertisement
No, he knows many of them personally. Many of them he has known since they were very young. That doesn’t mean they tell him where they are going, c’mon man!!
I don't know what reporter you're speaking about. But if I'm a kid or a parent and some reporter has been hanging around kids since they were "VERY YOUNG" I'd keep eyes on buddy... I'm sortve new to sports and all. But I don't see many reporters hanging around kids to where HE KNOWS THEM PERSONALLY FROM A VERY YOUNG AGE unless something real strange is going on. Maybe we just have a different definition of a very young age and what that would entail. You mean since they were freshman in high school young or since Pop Warner days? Either way I'd call bull**** that a reporter would be close to children like that.

Advertisement
L does not NEED to retire lol
he's like 95... Can't argue his success. Can't argue how big he's been for this program. But I'd imagine people realize while it may work from one year to the next depending on who else is making it far, it actually takes real length to win big. Not gonna argue with people on here again who say look what L does with bigs cause omier had such success here. He had his success because of his motor and his length for his size. He wasn't a product of the system which some people refuse to acknowledge.

he's like 95... Can't argue his success. Can't argue how big he's been for this program. But I'd imagine people realize while it may work from one year to the next depending on who else is making it far, it actually takes real length to win big. Not gonna argue with people on here again who say look what L does with bigs cause omier had such success here. He had his success because of his motor and his length for his size. He wasn't a product of the system which some people refuse to acknowledge.
Well I wasn’t commenting regarding your nephew and whether your correct for not wanting a big to play under him. But to say he needs to retire essentially just because of last year is lame imo. We just came off Elite 8 and Final 4, and just got like a top 3 recruit in our history, and have a real solid chance at getting both Boozer twins. He hasn’t really shown any major signs of falling off or anything.

I mean I’m not ignorant to his age or anything. But I think you maybe do some research on who we should hire/promote, but I think you let it play out until he’s more obviously done. Cause our two most successful seasons and probably our best recruiting class isn’t evidence of that lol. And maybe that means we don’t get your nephew or some other bigs due to his system… is what it is. His system has worked for us, and is great for winning in March

I don't know what reporter you're speaking about. But if I'm a kid or a parent and some reporter has been hanging around kids since they were "VERY YOUNG" I'd keep eyes on buddy... I'm sortve new to sports and all. But I don't see many reporters hanging around kids to where HE KNOWS THEM PERSONALLY FROM A VERY YOUNG AGE unless something real strange is going on. Maybe we just have a different definition of a very young age and what that would entail. You mean since they were freshman in high school young or since Pop Warner days? Either way I'd call bull**** that a reporter would be close to children like that.
He’s talking about Bruce Warner, not a reporter.

Advertisement
Back