2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Slime is just as good if this were another class Slime would be the top corner in the class. The stars are lining perfect for us the timing is crazy cause of the needs last season and the needs this cycle. They calling DJ a Bain type at his spot.

Brian Smith said DJ was the best DB he's seen in years, and Slime might be #1 in any other class.

DJP's younger brother.

Used to be a sports agent/personality back in the 80s/90s. Was a sports agent to several of the non-drafted/low drafted Canes from the early 90s. He was also on the radio quite a bit during that time. Dude has been around for eons.
Now it makes sense. He's a ambulance chaser.

He’s a weekly gues on Alex Donny’s pod (Locked on Canes).

I’m not clear on specifics, but he’s an attorney who was close to the program In the 80s, 90s and 00s, and maintains personal relationships w a lot of the players from those days. I believe he did radio back in the day.

He name drops occasionally, and sometimes indicates his opinions are informed by people currently around the team. He definitely isn’t one of these weirdos who chases recruits, but I have no idea how deep his ties to the program really are.
I remember some guy who used to run around behind Jason Katz (drew rosenhaus cousin who helped build drew up)but agents would hang around in the parking lot. Drew rosenhaus built his career from that parking lot. Lol I guess that sortve makes any of them close to the program. Like in the same context Gary Vermin says he's still close. Does add a lil bit of merit than cause he probably knew booker..

Advertisement
Slime is just as good if this were another class Slime would be the top corner in the class. The stars are lining perfect for us the timing is crazy cause of the needs last season and the needs this cycle. They calling DJ a Bain type at his spot.
I thinks there’s a serious chance that Pickett, Stubbs & Slime all end up being top 25 prospects come January.

Advertisement
**** what happened to all these guys? South Florida been producing a bunch of busts
Blame the school districts and the state.

The state is moving like UM 10 years ago, trying to live on lure & past aura. Almost begging coaches to take less to be here like it’s a privilege. The best coaches in our state have been leaving for GA/TX for a long time.

You get what you pay for. So in return, our players (while they might be the most talented) lack the training some kids get for 3/4 years in other states. Instantly at a disadvantage once they get to college.

I see the recruitment of DJP and Dallas Wilson, alot like how Nebraska was recruiting Florida over the past few years. I don't think Oregon, like Nebraska, is a culture fit for Florida guys. Just looked at the Oregon roster, and the have two Florida guys listed (one of which played in Baltimore, and LA in high school so I can't really count him). The one thing going for Oregon, is that they are trying to package up Tampa based guys with Wilson, Pickett, and Ziyare Addison, but I really think this is one of those not a culture fit type of teams for these guys, and if they do go and don't get immediate playing time (since Oregon is loaded for the foreseeable future), there will be a Florida exodus from there just like at Nebraska. I think Dorlus is the lone exception that went and stayed at Oregon.
Re: Wilson — Clemson does have a history of getting skill position guys from that area.

Advertisement

1720732835091.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back