2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Nah JZ needs this

Advertisement
To be accurate he was being offered by us and OSU a chunk, with OSU being a lil more. Jeremiah gave us what we were told was his commitment the night before he announced. OSU felt some kind of way & DOUBLED what they were at. Should we then be the school that jumps out of desperation or should we stick to knowing we offered him a **** good number which we were comfortable with? We chose to stick to where we were at and still almost had him come back in the fold. I will tell you that he's currently not too happy with what they are doing over there as it's nowhere near what he was told. We think that'll circle back around at a certain point in the not too distant future. Patience is necessary sometimes.

So that would mean that they have failed to pay Innis what was promised, as well as Jeremiah. Ohio Taint is equally adept at breaking oral promises (Innis) and written promises (Smith).

When will these kids learn?

Advertisement
Anyone got it

Oregon has had a lot of buzz as of late, but the Hurricanes are perhaps gaining steam again in the final days.

The elder Pickett elaborated on why these programs are still in the running.

Regarding Miami

“Tradition. Home. It’s just home.

“We’ve been Hurricanes fans forever. Myself, him, the family, it’s always been home. My nephew (Booker Pickett Jr.) is there.
Miami is a private school. The smaller class room is something we like. There’s a lot of resources at Miami too.

I think Coach (Mario) Cristobal, I really truly believe he can win a National Championship at Miami.”

Regarding Oregon

“Oregon has resources outside of football. Like I’ve told you before just the resources of Oregon. You got Nike there. It’s more than just Nike at Oregon. The people. The program they’re putting together is something special.

“Coach (Chris) Hampton is relentless. They’ve showed us a path to the football field. They have a plan for him. If had to describe Coach Hampton, relentless.”

On3 RPM favors Oregon but don’t sleep on the Hurricanes down the stretch.

Advertisement
Are you saying that was the case with him throughout high school or are you saying that will be the case if he stays at Ohio State? Because honestly I'd say he would be the perfect quarterback for Chip Kelly's office but not how it's structured because that's an offense that's been built around getting the ball down field and Chip Kelly's offenses have never been based around wide receiver play
At the highschool level he has had multiple coordinators. I agree with you he is a great deep ball thrower but has struggled with 10-15 yard middle of the field throws which caught up with him this past year.

Oregon has had a lot of buzz as of late, but the Hurricanes are perhaps gaining steam again in the final days.

The elder Pickett elaborated on why these programs are still in the running.

Regarding Miami

“Tradition. Home. It’s just home.

“We’ve been Hurricanes fans forever. Myself, him, the family, it’s always been home. My nephew (Booker Pickett Jr.) is there.
Miami is a private school. The smaller class room is something we like. There’s a lot of resources at Miami too.

I think Coach (Mario) Cristobal, I really truly believe he can win a National Championship at Miami.”

Regarding Oregon

“Oregon has resources outside of football. Like I’ve told you before just the resources of Oregon. You got Nike there. It’s more than just Nike at Oregon. The people. The program they’re putting together is something special.

“Coach (Chris) Hampton is relentless. They’ve showed us a path to the football field. They have a plan for him. If had to describe Coach Hampton, relentless.”

On3 RPM favors Oregon but don’t sleep on the Hurricanes down the stretch.
Big city wins

Cane

Advertisement
The money is great an they are definitely building a beast over there but no way no how was Miami gonna let this monster go to Oregon, over Mario's dead body would they allow this jit to leave South Florida

Advertisement
Back