2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
I have never seen a 6'4" CB in college, ever and I'm old. When I Googled the NFL, their appears to have been 1. I will not be surprised if he ends up 6'5". I don't play with tackling. If your going to play on D, you better tackle or be Dieon.
Isn't Sauce Gardner 6'3 or 6'4? Brandon Browner was 6'4 at Oregon State and Tacario Davis at Arizona is 6'4 as well I believe. Definitely not common but the few who have been that tall at the position and stick with it seem to fair pretty well. I'm sure there's tons of examples of the opposite being true as well.

Could be Cannon committing.

Then wouldn’t he post something like

Usl Championship Fire GIF by Charleston Battery

Isn't Sauce Gardner 6'3 or 6'4? Brandon Browner was 6'4 at Oregon State and Tacario Davis at Arizona is 6'4 as well I believe. Definitely not common but the few who have been that tall at the position and stick with it seem to fair pretty well. I'm sure there's tons of examples of the opposite being true as well.

Tariq Woolen - Plays CB for Seattle. 6'4 4.2 40 combine numbers from a few years ago

Advertisement
Very wrong. Pickett and James are oil and water. Pickett doesn't have a defined position because he simply dominated all over the field. He's physically capable of playing Multiple positions. Some DC would love him as a safety while others love him at corner. Meanwhile some OC love him at wr. James played where he did because he insisted on it. Just that simple. He wanted to stick with what he knew prior to his growth spurt. Meanwhile everyone else in the country knew he outgrew the position.

I've basically stopped watching high school highlights, but from what you're saying, Pickett kinda sounds like Antrel Rolle. Is that a good comp?

I've basically stopped watching high school highlights, but from what you're saying, Pickett kinda sounds like Antrel Rolle. Is that a good comp?
I wouldn't wanna put that comp on him. I don't know if this kid is ready from day 1 to hold it down wherever we put him. Trelle from day 1 was ready for anything.

Advertisement
🤷🏾‍♂️ Just sharing

Loy:

Oregon and Miami continue to push for DJ Pickett, the LSU commit from Tampa (Fla.) Zephyrhills. Most have him sticking with the Tigers, and there are lots of reasons for that.

However, I just can't shake the feeling from some of my best sources who believe that he'll eventually stay in state. My current prediction, at this point, would be Miami.

Flip or Stick: Flip

Advertisement
All I could do is judge what I saw in person. I guess I could lie and blow smoke like other people with what I saw that day. It was one game but you never know who’s first time it is watching you any given Friday. That’s why you should always bring your A game when you’re highly rated.

Btw i’ll likely be in Newberry Friday to watch them and Bradford play. It’ll likely decide the district. Intrigued to see how those DT’s matchup up against that Bradford physical run game.
Get him and let the competition be the judge and everything else will sort itself out. Natural selection. One thing you have to love about Mario is that he’s very fluid when it comes to the methodology of acquiring talent. While many others see the transfer portal as a negative, he looks at it as a tool to upgrade the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back