2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
we can be negatively recruited, but never lsu
How many times do you think the names Marlin Barnes and Bryan Pata were (disgustingly) used against us (and the area as a whole) over the years by coaches and programs as slimy as Kelly?

And I'm not trying to derail this thread or am even crying over Pickett but I just reallllllly hate Kelly.

only thing ****ing me off is that kids continue to want to play for someone who is responsible for a students death

**** that old saggy *******
1721262651431.gif

👀

Advertisement
Advertisement
SP+ lists them as the #3 offense in the country, and while they only return 58% of offensive production, they’ll have one of the best OL’s in the country with Will Campbell and Emory Jones returning as All-SEC tackles. Plus Nuss has experience, it’s a bit misleading.

Nabers and Brian Thomas went off, but LSU has been absolutely churning WRs recently. They’ll be fine, they bring back Lacy and Hilton Jr, plus Taylor at TE. Will they go bezerk like they did with Daniels? Probably not. But it’ll be a top 15-20 offense imo. If the defense improves like they think it will returning 79% of production and Blake Baker getting the bag, they’ll be a top 15 team and flirting with a playoff berth.

We'll see, but that's an awful lot of production to say NBD, they'll be fine.

I’ll chime in;

Wiltfong was never 100% sold on Pickett to UO. He felt that way due to how many times he had been on campus compared to the other schools, & Oregon felt confident. However, multiple outlets, including Wiltfong said don’t count out LSU as a dark horse b/c of his relationship w/ Raymond. In fact, LSU was the early leader, until D.J started visiting more frequently to UO, & allegedly he was sold on their NIL package & future set up.

Then we started making waves, and it was rumored that we were surging in his recruitment, and we had just as good of a shot as Oregon. LSU stayed lurking, & it was said multiple times Pickett loves Corey, but the gut guess was UO simply b/c of their recruiting this yr, how many times he was on campus, & the supposed NIL package.

In the end, the dark horse won this round. It’s also been said w/e he commits on 07/17/2024 will now result in the battle to hold on to him b/c neither of his top 3 was going to stop recruiting him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t expect L$U. But I did say he was blown away by Patrick Peterson and Maurice Clayborn FaceTime him and being there on his visit. That’s just like Bevin on the Gorman kids. But it also helped cause Antoine wanted the same treatment he was turned off with LSU. It’s better that he committed to LSU instead of Oregon in my opinion. LSU defense is trash if we win we can probably flip him.
The PP face to face was absolutely a game changer. This was confirmed to me today when I was there.They were the only school that personally brought in someone like PP to show him around on his official.

Advertisement
Back