2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Hold the ******* phone... he hasn't committed. Why is everyone conceding here?

Hold the ******* phone... he hasn't committed. Why is everyone conceding here?
James Franco Reaction GIF

Advertisement
It was always this. He literally said the **** out loud. Just like Jeremiah Smith. I love y'all, but you've sucked literally my entire life. Show me you don't suck, and I'm down.

We won 7 games and still came a ballhair away from snagging Smiff. Go beat the **** out of the gator on 8/31, go to Tampa in September, a game he will likely be attending, and beat USF by 3 scores, go run through the ACC, smack FSU in the mouth in front of 80,000 at Hard Rock, get him to come to campus, get him to come to games, and this is VERY doable. But you're not gonna get him in July by selling dreams. Go win.
They suck cause kids like him won't come here. Need the talent to win

Advertisement
I don’t know who he’s picking. But Oregon out of all the schools knows how good of a recruiter Mario is. If they get his commitment tonight, they’re gonna do everything to make sure he doesn’t flip.
But if the kid signed some kind of paperwork or agreement that he can’t flip that him and his dad are just dumb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
wow so this mfer really wants to live and play in eugene??
takes a special kind of jit that wants that...sorry, just keepin it buck
media darling team that aint won **** EVER. just gets propped up every year by the media only to lose a couple games they shouldnt and that's in a conf that was so bad it disbanded ffs.
best of luck kid.
**** dude - maybe take off the orange and green shades.

- In pretty much any possible (semi-recent) on field definition of success that you compare Oregon to Miami they are going to come out ahead.
- The never winning '**** EVER'... are we comparing Miami from 20+ years ago? B/c the last time Miami even won their conference was in 2002 when they were in the (******) Big East which was several years before this kid was born. Since then Miami has played in one Conf Championship game where they got smoked.
- Miami lost more games (6) in the last year than Oregon lost in the last 2 years combined (5) with 1 of them being to the eventual MNC, 2 of them being to the MNC runner up and the other 2 being to teams ranked 17th or higher at the end of the year.
- The games they lost that they probably 'shouldn't' have were when our current HC was theirs.
- Phil Knight is supposedly throwing around stupid NIL money so at worst case they are likely able to offer close to what we are offering and in reality probably much more (which no one on this board has/had a problem with when we are/were one of the schools spending big bucks)
- If you ask a neutral college football fan to choose between Oregon and Miami for who they think the media has unjustly propped up more over that last 5-10 years, who do you think they are going to say? My money would be on Miami given the 'is the U back' talk and almost always finishing lower in the rankings than we start.
- How about draft picks over the last 2 years? Oregon 14, Miami 7. First round picks? Oregon 3, Miami 0
- Most people would probably prefer to live in Miami than Eugene, but I suspect many might say to themselves that living in Eugene wouldn't be too bad as it is only for a few years if it will set them up well for success on the field and after school.

None of this is to say that Miami isn't attractive and that Mario can't sell the kid on location, potential, playing time, etc, but to act like Oregon is some terrible team and calling the kid an 'mfer' b/c he would consider picking Oregon over Miami...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back