2025 DJ Pickett 5* CB from Zephyrhills Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Gaby after Pickett goes to Oregon - "Miami worked this as hard as anyone and they're going to be in this until he signs in December"

Sometimes it's ok to admit you got beaten heads up by a better program (at the moment) with bigger NIL clout

Bags are no excuse anymore. That’s ***** ****, respectfully.

The game is the game. It’s pay up or shut up, and we have money. There’s no need for us to be like every crying fanbase on twitter complaining about bags when it’s all LEGAL.
Maybe your not understanding my post. OK your saying bags are no excuse correct? So honest speaking do you think we remotely can or bid Oregon and PHIL KNIGHT for any player that they really want when he has unlimited money to play with .

Advertisement
Maybe your not understanding my post. OK your saying bags are no excuse correct? So honest speaking do you think we remotely can or bid Oregon and PHIL KNIGHT for any player that they really want when he has unlimited money to play with .
I don't think anyone can top Oregon when it comes to NIL at the moment. It is what it is.

Sort of.

Phil Knight is a businessman. He’s not going to pay 10 mil for a corner for example.

There’s a price range, and then there’s a bit of a reach financially speaking when evaluating a recruit (and despite his potential, an unproven business commodity). Oregon is probably beyond that, and we’re probably in “bit of a reach” territory.

But let’s not act like Oregon is outbidding everyone by millions. That’s far-fetched. Or you end up with a UF situation with Rashada.

Advertisement

IDK man... seems like a pure guess from Wiltfong. I know the graphic on the tweet shows 60% confidence, but if you pull up Wiltfongs profile on On3 he actually put his Oregon pick at 30% confidence.

Wiltfong has made 50 picks since June 27th and ALL of them are at 60% except for DJ at 30 and he had a 40 for Justin Hill to go to Bama.

Go back 50 more, all at 60% again. 60 is just his go to, nothing I could see in the last month or two was ever higher than 60 and only 2-3 are lower than 60.

Can’t count on us flipping the kid. Oregon has been very good at keeping their commits once they’re on board. With what has been said about Phil Knights commitment to NIL, we have to do what you have to do to get him on board tomorrow and then keep pushing to hold on after that.

We might win 10 games but there is a good chance Oregon wins 11 or 12. If he announces for Oregon, it’s a done deal IMO. Recruits already know the negatives of living in Eugene, a few more months isn’t going to make much of a difference.

Yeah, we’re only flipping him if we win 9+ games (probably 10 assuming Oregon makes the playoff). That goes with lots of recruits, have to finally show it on the field.

Rather just lock him up tomorrow and fend programs off, rather than rely on the on-field performance to flip.

If you think he’s flipping if we go 8-4 or worse, you’re legit sitting in a mental facility with orange and green IV’s injected your bloodstream.
Why is assumed they win 10 games. They play Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin will be tough and they play OSU.

Been a Cane longer than people realize.

Interested Idris Elba GIF

Advertisement
Maybe you’re not understanding my post. OK you’re saying bags are no excuse correct? So honest speaking do you think we remotely can or bid Oregon and PHIL KNIGHT for any player that they really want when he has unlimited money to play with .
There’s a strange idea being thrown around that just because people know the name Nike that they are the only insanely successful business people in the world

Miami has billionaires bro. Plural.

I get it that people know the name Phil Knight and it’s like a boogeyman but it ain’t like that

We might win 10 games but there is a good chance Oregon wins 11 or 12. If he announces for Oregon, it’s a done deal IMO. Recruits already know the negatives of living in Eugene, a few more months isn’t going to make much of a difference.

I agree that much better to have his commitment, do what we need on the field and hold on to him but I dont think it is a Miami vs Oregon RECORD battle. I just think you have one team that was one win from a playoff and miami had a typical miami season. If we come out at 8-4, its the same **** and no chance we keep or flip him. But if we win 10 games + the pitch of Oregon is a playoff team and Mario cant coach and canes are not sniffing the playoffs dies down. We can at least be talked about in the same sentence. Its like a kid choosing 2 years ago between Bama or UGA. BOTH were winning so winning likely played little role. Here, winning can play a slight role as right now and the last 5 years Oregon has without question been the better overall team.

Advertisement
Why is assumed they win 10 games. They play Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin will be tough and they play OSU.
Not winning 10 games would be a bigger disappointment than us. Ohio State and Oregon are far and away the two favorites in that conference.

Overall odds to win the BIG10

Ohio State: +155
Oregon: +215

Both of these teams have a greater than 50% chance to get to the championship game.

Penn St: +500
Michigan: +600

Massive gap

USC: +2200
Iowa: +4000
Nebraska: +5500
Wisconsin: +6500
Washington: +8000

Washington is going to fall off a cliff. Their win total is 6.5.
Wisconsin is 7 flat.
Michigan is 9 heavily juiced to the under with so much unknown on offense. They also have to play Texas in non-con.

Oregon spent the second most money in the portal just behind Ohio State, and might have the best / deepest WR core in the entire country with a veteran QB, a proven DC in Lanning, and a beefed up DL.

They get Ohio State at home which is a pick em right now. They’ll be a short road fave against Michigan, and then probably a double digit fave in pretty much every remaining game. That includes Wisco and Washington. They don’t play Penn St, Iowa, USC, Nebraska.

In fact, the look ahead line right now is…

Oregon -20 vs Washington
Oregon -11 @ Wisconsin
Oregon -3 @ Michigan

Last edited:
Not winning 10 games would be a bigger disappointment than us. Ohio State and Oregon are far and away the two favorites in that conference.

Overall odds to win the BIG10

Ohio State: +155
Oregon: +215

Penn St: +500
Michigan: +600

Massive gap

USC: +2200
Iowa: +4000
Nebraska: +5500
Wisconsin: +6500
Washington: +8000

Washington is going to fall off a cliff. Their win total is 6.5.
Wisconsin is 7 flat
Michigan is 9 heavily juiced to the under with so much unknown on offense.

Oregon spent the second most money in the portal just behind Ohio State, and might have the best / deepest WR core in the entire country.

They get Ohio State at home which is a pick em right now. They’ll be a short road fave against Michigan, and then probably a double digit fave in pretty much every remaining game. That includes Wisco and Washington. They don’t play Penn St, Iowa, USC, Nebraska.
I get it but I don't think it should be assumed this will be a whole new experience for them. I don't think the big 10 is all that great outside of a couple schools but it's going to be a much different experience for them than last year and sometimes adapting to new things can make things not so automatic.

Gaby after Pickett goes to Oregon - "Miami worked this as hard as anyone and they're going to be in this until he signs in December"

Sometimes it's ok to admit you got beaten heads up by a better program (at the moment) with bigger NIL clout

Imagine following recruiting for longer than 17 seconds and saying out loud that someone was “beaten” in July. If D$ could get like 30% off Zoloft with promo code CIS on this site he’d be able to tell Jorge Mas he’s a broke *****.

Advertisement
Back