2024 DJ Lagway - QB

I’ve always thought that, if not for Dorito, Golden would’ve had a far more successful tenure here. Would he have won the big one? Nope. But he would’ve been a consistent 9-10 win coach. He knew how to recruit (his players were an underrated reason for our 2016 and 2017 successes). Our offenses weren’t bad either.

What really screwed him - and us - was not getting the Penn State job in 2014. That’s what his plan always was, and when he didn’t get it he came back even more deflated without a plan. He did not - unlike Mario - have a long term plan. The plan always was 2-3 years at Miami then bolt to Penn State.

TrumpyCane wants to know when will people stop with this BS narrative

That was Golden's defense, ****** as Al Groh defense that he learned under, could have had anyone there

Marcus Freeman is the brains behind ND current defense, Golden just getting the credit

@Memnon thoughts

Advertisement
Think I’d like to see a bigger sample size before I throw money at him to be the next guy. 3/6 with an INT. He did look to have some good zip and athleticism, but maybe jumping the gun a little?

TrumpyCane wants to know when will people stop with this BS narrative

That was Golden's defense, ****** as Al Groh defense that he learned under, could have had anyone there

Marcus Freeman is the brains behind ND current defense, Golden just getting the credit

@Memnon thoughts
100% Correct.

This is the exact same Defense that Freeman learned under Greg Hudson at Purdue. It's the Cincinnati Multiple.

The same Defense he ran at Cincinnati when they were 31-5 in a 3 year time span & then he got hired at ND.

Folden has nothing to do with ND's Defense, it's 100% Freeman's.

Advertisement
better see more game film before you start putting this dude in the 2 coma level.
A million because he’s a five star and threw a few good passes ain’t gonna cut it for me.

I’m sure Clemson will push for him as well as their 1 transfer portal candidate 🤣

TAMU can get desperate and offer a bag nobody can likely match. I assume he will go to TAMU. He’d have to look amazing at UF and keep those recruits and fire Billy and hire a HC who he wants all in a time when a coach like Lane Kiffen will be in the playoff so he isn’t leaving early for UF.
Why so he can run that horrible offensive gameplan that Dabo forces on everyone. That is part of their problem.

I'm sticking with Williams, Anderson, Nickel and Coleman. No reason to count out Emory Williams.
seeing ward do what he did should tell you that the guys on our roster or in the recruiting cycle are not there from an ARM TALENT standpoint and athletic standpoint. DJ is a true freshman but hes got the tools we can work with and turn into what Cam is now.

I’m sure Clemson will push for him as well as their 1 transfer portal candidate 🤣

TAMU can get desperate and offer a bag nobody can likely match. I assume he will go to TAMU. He’d have to look amazing at UF and keep those recruits and fire Billy and hire a HC who he wants all in a time when a coach like Lane Kiffen will be in the playoff so he isn’t leaving early for UF.
dabo doesnt believe in the portal. hes riding with cade

Advertisement
Napier has to play this kid now. Hopefully he shows some mixup and plays well. Napier can pint to him as the future and if I leave he leaves thing. He can also salvage a class where if this kid plays well kids will want to play with him.
suspicious michael ealy GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
seeing ward do what he did should tell you that the guys on our roster or in the recruiting cycle are not there from an ARM TALENT standpoint and athletic standpoint. DJ is a true freshman but hes got the tools we can work with and turn into what Cam is now.
Tried to tell them boys months ago, you bring a Cam Ward on campus, the standard changes.. There is going to be a proof of concept and those guys on roster are just practice arms to use an NFL term.. Our QB is not on roster and someone better find him, UM fans are gonna be DRUNK on Cam and never want to go back.. Pay @Memnon whatever he wants to uncover the next Texas gunslinger..

I’ve always thought that, if not for Dorito, Golden would’ve had a far more successful tenure here. Would he have won the big one? Nope. But he would’ve been a consistent 9-10 win coach. He knew how to recruit (his players were an underrated reason for our 2016 and 2017 successes). Our offenses weren’t bad either.

What really screwed him - and us - was not getting the Penn State job in 2014. That’s what his plan always was, and when he didn’t get it he came back even more deflated without a plan. He did not - unlike Mario - have a long term plan. The plan always was 2-3 years at Miami then bolt to Penn State.
He totally killed sfl recruiting relationships but he could definitely identify talent. Problem is that works for other schools not directly located in a hotbed of talent like Florida.

Tried to tell them boys months ago, you bring a Cam Ward on campus, the standard changes.. There is going to be a proof of concept and those guys on roster are just practice arms to use an NFL term.. Our QB is not on roster and someone better find him, UM fans are gonna be DRUNK on Cam and never want to go back.. Pay @Memnon whatever he wants to uncover the next Texas gunslinger..

Agree with this post fully. Including the last sentence!

In other words, Cam along with the rest of the college football world have shown that if you want to be a top-10 team in a given year, you usually need a top-10/20 QB on the squad. And that's the requirement just about every year if we aspire to be a top-10 team every year. If we aspire to compete for NC's, we need elite top-3/5 guys like Cam.

That's the QB requirement that our recruiting, portal and roster management strategies need to solve for each and every year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back