2024 DJ Lagway - QB

Advertisement
Lagway would be stupid to leave Florida just to go to TAMU, when their Offense is equally just as sh*tty. Plus playing for a conservative Defensive minded HC isn't gonna help build his NFL profile at all.

If he's smart & he does hit the Portal for next year, his best bet would be to pair himself up with Offensive minded guru, who will have a good QB's Coach in place & a system that can help him develop.
I'd say someone like Shannon Dawson.

Advertisement
Yup, doesn’t help that Connor weigman kid who looked pretty legit last year seems to have fully regressed… he looked awful against ND

Not for nothing, but ND's secondary is elite. Morrison is probably a Top 15 pick and they have some dudes back there. They'll make a lot of QBs look silly this year.

Was still surprised to see Weigman not be able to stretch the field whatsoever, though.

Not for nothing, but ND's secondary is elite. Morrison is probably a Top 15 pick and they have some dudes back there. They'll make a lot of QBs look silly this year.

Was still surprised to see Weigman not be able to stretch the field whatsoever, though.
Golden-Al-1987-1987-Red-Bank-Catholic-School-Yearbook-Coach-Al-Golden-268x394-jpg.jpg

Notre Dame DC

Crazy to me how he's seemingly found his role as an elite DC.

But if you ask most Domers, they think Mike Mickens is the true superstar there. Guy is a terrific DB coach and recruits at a pretty good clip. Makes things a lot easier for the defensive playcaller when you can play man-to-man on the back end with your top 3 corners.

But if you ask most Domers, they think Mike Mickens is the true superstar there. Guy is a terrific DB coach and recruits at a pretty good clip. Makes things a lot easier for the defensive playcaller when you can play man-to-man on the back end with your top 3 corners.

Domer I know absolutely loves Golden. They were worried he was going to get the BC job or take an NFL DC job last off-season. They aren't expecting him to come back in 2025 unless he interviews terribly, which is definitely possible if he is still touting the pillars around

Advertisement

I’ve always thought that, if not for Dorito, Golden would’ve had a far more successful tenure here. Would he have won the big one? Nope. But he would’ve been a consistent 9-10 win coach. He knew how to recruit (his players were an underrated reason for our 2016 and 2017 successes). Our offenses weren’t bad either.

What really screwed him - and us - was not getting the Penn State job in 2014. That’s what his plan always was, and when he didn’t get it he came back even more deflated without a plan. He did not - unlike Mario - have a long term plan. The plan always was 2-3 years at Miami then bolt to Penn State.

They’re not wrong

Advertisement
I know it was a small sample size, but I was impressed by how poised Lagway was getting his first snaps in a tough situation. Didn't look out of place at all.

We need to make a run to get him in Coral Gables. I think he has a big time future ahead of him.

Also, Marcus Freeman was DC for that vaunted Cincy secondary with Sauce Gardner, Coby Bryant, and boys

Advertisement
Were we ever in on Lagway? I thought I read that A&M was the team threatening to flip him at the last moment?

I’m sure Clemson will push for him as well as their 1 transfer portal candidate 🤣

TAMU can get desperate and offer a bag nobody can likely match. I assume he will go to TAMU. He’d have to look amazing at UF and keep those recruits and fire Billy and hire a HC who he wants all in a time when a coach like Lane Kiffen will be in the playoff so he isn’t leaving early for UF.

Advertisement
Back