Did I see UCF is favored?

Advertisement
Would love to see Joseph start at point with Wong and Pack on the wings; Miller and Omier up front, Poplar off the bench.

Would free up Pack from point guard duties, give us excellent perimeter defense and free up Pack for what he does best, catch and shoot.
Agreed. And I think Wooga would be better suited as a 6th man spark plug. He still makes too many mistakes.

Nobody knew how much time would be left on the clock. Refs decided and went over to tell both coaches in a huddle. UCF coach throws his hands in the air and Coach L smiles and throws a handshake at him. It was pretty funny because at that point they were the first to know before the broadcast. That is how we knew first who won.

Thanks. I’ll have to check to see if there’s a replay of it

Advertisement
Would love to see Joseph start at point with Wong and Pack on the wings; Miller and Omier up front, Poplar off the bench.

Would free up Pack from point guard duties, give us excellent perimeter defense and free up Pack for what he does best, catch and shoot.

I prefer Bensley at point but that lineup gets us KILLED on the boards against any team with length.

Not that it matters right now, but 6-1 with a loss to a very good Maryland team should have us close to a Top 25 appearance.

We haven’t even had a game where both Wong and Pack cook, let alone a three-headed monster with Norchad.

We’re going to be scary come late January/February onward.
Think if Miami wins the next 2 or 3 games then we should be top 25.

That was some gutty basketball by the Miami players. Nice game to take into the ACC. Never easy to win on the road but Miami overcame the height factor and Nigel Pack is real. Feeling frisky about this round ball team.

Advertisement
This team plays fast and scrappy. So the refs make calls like we play out of control.... especially Omeir.
We will have to fight that perception through the season... it is what it is.
We just have to score enough to win inspite of that

Crowd should be rocking given the kids are likely back from break. Another good test for us early in season

Nah, my nephew is a student at UCF, and they are starting exams now (similar to the UM academic schedule), so there weren't a lot of students there.

Still...it was a great time.

1669647464325.png

Advertisement
I always love when they contradict what they just said to defend the refs, or just get really quiet like the longtime ACC announcers always do

If you were at the game, you would see a full picture of how insane the officiating was. People were dumbfounded by the calls and no-calls. It was such an obviously partisan crew, it was shocking.

Why are the refs so anti-Miami this season? It seems like we’ve been getting screwed with bad calls in every game so far.
Every team in every sport, college or pro -- their fans pretty much feel that way, don't you think? At least, that's been my experience for 60 yrs or so.

Personally, I'm still trying to get over the Glenn Sharpe PI call against Ohio St. Talk about one that made a huge difference!

I like that Omier got in a bit of foul trouble. Had to sit for a few stretches. The team needs to have that experience and they handled it well. The freshman are getting more comfortable when they get in...good win. They are picked around 6th in their conference but if they can put up a few more points they can hang with Tulane and Temple and be just behind that first group.

Advertisement
Tuned in late.
Sounds like the refs were trying reeeeeal hard to find a few seconds somewhere.

They were. You had to watch the review in person. At one point, all three refs huddled and one of the refs actually got a separate stopwatch to time it against the video. You know **** well they were trying to find a way to leave a half-second on the clock.

**** that Mickey Mouse school and their fans throwing down the U

NCAA needs to make a rule for AT LEAST all of the athletes, no mocking of ANY team's logo or symbols. TV catches it, unsportsmanlike (football) or a technical (basketball). Apply it across the board to all teams and all sports. No way to control the loser fans, though.

One of the loser UCF players did the "breaking the U" thing last night. Fvck that fvcker.

Magic is the Clippers from the eighties and nineties. Waste of draft picks and talent.

You do realize they've had injuries. A LOT of injuries.

I'm not going back 6 or 8 or 10 years, I'm just sayin that they've had some good talent for the past couple of years that is absolutely snakebitten with injuries.

You do realize they've had injuries. A LOT of injuries.

I'm not going back 6 or 8 or 10 years, I'm just sayin that they've had some good talent for the past couple of years that is absolutely snakebitten with injuries.

It is still the same... haven't sniffed the playoffs forever

Advertisement
Back