DB Amari Wallace talks his game, the staff and his recruiting pitch for Miami

View as article
That leg will never be the same, obviously. Feel bad for him. We should honor the scholarship and any NIL offered. Medical bills get expensive even with good insurance.

I keep thinking of the Louisville basketball player that snapped his leg in the tournament.
I don’t think they can or should honor the NIL. They can evaluate when he’s ready to play, if he’s ready at some point. I agree on the scholly

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd hope that's the priority. But we'll see. For a kid to instantly go from nothing to that back to nothing is heartbreaking and I just hope an amicable situation can be agreed to where we still do something for the kid. Cause that would not only get us a ton of amazing pr where it matters(directly with the kids cause at the end of the day recruiting at a high level is reliant on word of mouth, not the lies most see in press)but more importantly it's also what's right.
Facts! From what I know of Mario, if he knows anything he knows the above!

I'm hoping for a magical cure like modern day Tommy John surgery where the patient comes out throwing harder than they did before their injury.
Dr James Andrews tells a story where fathers of teen pitchers come to him asking if he'll perform Tommy John on their sons, when there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, just so they'll throw harder. Seriously

**** wtf I'm just finding out Wallace injury and this is the part of Football I hate. This fing sucks and really feel bad for the kid

Advertisement
That's a very specific hypothetical. Something on your mind Z?
I’m was just generalizing. He didn’t do anything wrong and it seems a fight broke out and caused this. Maybe I’m interpreting the right portion wrong but pulling a scholly because of an accident is wrong.

That is exactly why I’m commenting the way I am.

I was told it’s a pilon fracture and recovery won’t be an easy path and low chance of ever being the same athlete again,

Would love for someone else to confirm or deny that.
I’ve been working in the emergency room for 20 years. I’ve never seen a pilon fracture from soccer or football.
They’ve all been car and motorcycle crashes or people falling from a roof or something.
No way it’s a pilon fracture unless it didn’t happen in a football game.
I don’t even think I’ve seen an nfl player get a pilon feacture.

Stop spreading this around man.

I’ve been working in the emergency room for 20 years. I’ve never seen a pilon fracture from soccer or football.
They’ve all been car and motorcycle crashes or people falling from a roof or something.
No way it’s a pilon fracture unless it didn’t happen in a football game.
I don’t even think I’ve seen an nfl player get a pilon feacture.

Stop spreading this around man.
IMG_0418.webp
Maybe this will at least help to understand what a pilon fracture is.

Advertisement
I don't know much about this stuff but is the prognosis really bad here? Obviously never good when the bone is out of the skin but you never know. Malcolm Lewis came back and played after his ankle was turned the opposite direction. Don't believe he was ever the same again though...

Advertisement
View attachment 296199Maybe this will at least help to understand what a pilon fracture is.
It’s not as simple as just saying these bones are broken therefore it’s a pilon fracture.

The term “pilon” comes from the French word for pestle. This is a tool used for crushing

Pilon fractures occur when the foot and ankle experience sudden severe axial loading. The force causes fractures to most of the bones on the articular surface e of the ankle joint. You can not generate that amount of axial load by sports.
Maybe a pole vaulter that misses the mat and hits the floor in a vertical position.

It’s not as simple as just saying these bones are broken therefore it’s a pilon fracture.

The term “pilon” comes from the French word for pestle. This is a tool used for crushing

Pilon fractures occur when the foot and ankle experience sudden severe axial loading. The force causes fractures to most of the bones on the articular surface e of the ankle joint. You can not generate that amount of axial load by sports.
Maybe a pole vaulter that misses the mat and hits the floor in a vertical position.
Your knowledge and expertise is much appreciated. As usual, the CIS doctors have already diagnosed the injury and the projected recovery time.

Seriously though, as is the case with any injury to players, we may never know the EXACT extent of this young’s fellas injury. I sincerely hope that whatever it is, he can make a full recovery and return to “normal” activities.

Advertisement
Back