David Reese...

IMG_3373.webp.

IMG_3374.webp

Advertisement
From TOS, the staff watched Reese for his spring game and wasn't too impressed with they saw from him and since then the staff has cooled on him.. BUT from what I read, it was definitely about what they saw in person, when he was padded up and in action!! His performance wasn't as good, so now they are waiting I'm guessing til the season starts to evaluate him again..

how many LBs you think we be taking? My guess 1 at most two
I would say 2..

kid has all world measurables but suspect film. A kid with his size and speed should be murdering people in high school. Not once on his film do you see him destroying anyone… lots of dragging people down. Look at the film of Mcloud, Shaq and Pinckney, they punish people.

I not hating on the kid, BUT the staff watched in play in person and the feedback was they didn't see the Miami caliber beast in him!! Manny Diaz is a DC, who isn't star stuck this guy recruits players that fit his style of play and players that will fit in his system POINT BLANK..
Louis and Gainer got high praise from the staff on what they saw from them at their spring games!!

Advertisement
I read an 247 article that said, the staff back off Reese because it was some other LBs they liked better.

So they won't let Reese commit? Interdasting

They WATCH the kid play for his spring game and wasn't impressed, SO they backed off.. And after evaluating others throughout the spring and watching them perform, they felt like they liked others more than Reese!! We can talk all day about what a recruit did against players without pads on and what he did during drills, BUT the most important interest is WHAT HE DOES with pads on against live action!!

Last edited:
So they won't let Reese commit? Interdasting

They wash the kid play for his spring game and wasn't impressed, SO they backed off.. And after evaluating others throughout the spring and watching them perform, they felt like they liked others more than Reese!! We can talk all day about what a recruit did against players without pads on and what he did during drills, BUT the most important interest is WHAT HE DOES with pads on against live action!!

You were really excited to post that

Advertisement
He was Dugans cousin before they saw him live. After, Dugans was like "truthfully, hes only my cousin by marriage. I barely even know the jit. "

I read an 247 article that said, the staff back off Reese because it was some other LBs they liked better.

Give me Louis, or Joyner

Give me Louis, this kid is a thumper and plays fast and physical for a big kid..
Give me Yasir, this kid is a missile on the field, the kid can get from point a to point c quick, we want and need speed at LB!!

I say take 2, give me the thumper and the speedster..

Advertisement
Give me Louis and find a way to bring in Sherwood as a SS/OLB Hybrid.

I was saying months ago that I was not impressed with Reese at all, seems like the coaches finally looked passed his elite size and speed and saw what I saw on his film.

"Looks like Tarzan, Plays like Jane"

Reese is the best LB I've seen on tape. I don't care that he isn't as violent a tackler, he's always making plays and around the ball. Still think we should be all out for Reese, Louis and Sherwood. While I like Joyner, we already have Wilder on roster with Brooks in 2019 as rush LBs.

Reese is like a Bruce Carter clone when he was on UNC but all potential 2 years away

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Reese is the best LB I've seen on tape. I don't care that he isn't as violent a tackler, he's always making plays and around the ball. Still think we should be all out for Reese, Louis and Sherwood. While I like Joyner, we already have Wilder on roster with Brooks in 2019 as rush LBs.

You obviously don't know what good LB film looks like.

His film is weak as fvck!

It is his size and speed that everyone loves.

When the pads come on he is a JAG.

You want to see good LB film go watch Sean Spence, Denzel Perryman, Shaq Quarterman, Micheal Pickney and Zach McCloud high school highlights.

Reese's film doesn't come close.

****, go watch Rosendo Louis's film and tell me that Reese's film is better.

You are just caught up with how this kid looks (size, muscles, speed, length) in shorts at a camp.

A kid his size and speed should be killing people out there.

And remember that you are watching a highlight film so there should be no clips of him not around the football or not making plays.

Have you seen him play live for a full game?

If not how could you say he is "always around the ball making plays"?

Last edited:
He was the best lb at 5 star camp according to rivaals

Kid is all world in shorts at a camp, but the true measure of any LB or Lineman is how they look when the pads come on, and Diaz didn't like what he saw out of Reese in his spring game or on film.

Was not a fan either..Give me Joyner, Louis, Abdullah.

If we are only taking one true LB..then let it be Joyner.

Louis is probably going to SEC country like the rest of those Deerfield kids did. (Ridley-UGA, Powell-UF, ARobinson-Bama, Jeudy-Bama, Strowbridge-UK)

Advertisement
Back