David Reese...

4 stars or 5 stars I dont care. Him and campbell should be our top 2 targets to get on board. Give them all the attention , they deserve it. Reese is a freak athlete. I would take him over any linebacker in the country.

Film is super weak.

If I had to choose, I would take Gainer, Sherwood and Louis over Reese (looks like Tarzan plays like Jane) and I'm sure there are a few other top LBs in the country I would take over those guys (they are just not on our radar).

I'm not saying I don't want Reese in this class, I do.

I'm just not looking at the Cane lean with orange and green glasses and just claiming him to be the best b/c it looks like we may get him, when he has a long way to go.

He does have a very high ceiling and is a tremendous athlete, and since we aren't getting Gainer and now it seems that Sherwood is set on playing Safety, Reese seems like our best option for our OLB slot, and Louis for our MLB slot (if we take a MLB type this class).

I played LB in HS and I guess I just have higher standards when reviewing LB film, but I was extremely unimpressed with David Reese's film and hope he gets a lot better his Sr year.

Was way more impressed with Gainer and Louis's film at LB, and love to think what a playmaker like Sherwood(love his film) could become at OLB in Diaz's scheme.

Like I said, I do want Reese in Storm18, I'm just not ready to label him the best LB on our board even if he is at the top of it (b/c we knew we weren't getting Gainer).

Where do you see it being reported the Sherwood is set on playing safety? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Guys keep repeating it on here. That's the "reporting."

Ivins said that a couple weeks ago and people keep repeating it

Canes reporter said it and people keep hammering it as gospel.

Advertisement
4 stars or 5 stars I dont care. Him and campbell should be our top 2 targets to get on board. Give them all the attention , they deserve it. Reese is a freak athlete. I would take him over any linebacker in the country.

Film is super weak.

If I had to choose, I would take Gainer, Sherwood and Louis over Reese (looks like Tarzan plays like Jane) and I'm sure there are a few other top LBs in the country I would take over those guys (they are just not on our radar).

I'm just not looking at the Cane lean with orange and green glasses and just claiming him to be the best b/c it looks like we may get him, when he has a long way to go.

He does have a very high ceiling and is a tremendous athlete, and since we aren't getting Gainer and now it seems that Sherwood is set on playing Safety, Reese seems like our best option for our OLB slot, and Louis for our MLB slot (if we take a MLB type this class).

I played LB in HS and I guess I just have higher standards when reviewing LB film, but I was extremely unimpressed with David Reese's film and hope he gets a lot better his Sr year.

Was way more impressed with Gainer and Louis's film at LB, and love to think what a playmaker like Sherwood(love his film) could become at OLB in Diaz's scheme.

Like I said, I do want Reese in Storm18, I'm just not ready to label him the best LB on our board even if he is at the top of it (b/c we knew we weren't getting Gainer).

While I agree he's not a 5 star I'm wondering if you watched his actual junior highlight. What he has pinned on his hudl is from his sophomore year when he was playing more DB. This happened in another thread and I linked his actual junior highlight and people understood more of the hype. He's not a finished product by no means but he has tremendous upside and athleticism you cannot teach at the position.

I have seen both his Soph and Jr films and was not impressed with either.

He did get better, but he does not hit through people with explosion, he catches them.

And his instincts are good but not elite.

He does have great size and speed, but does nothing special with it.

Don't get me wrong, I want him in this class.

I just don't act like he is some 5star LB just b/c he is leaning our way.

Film is super weak.

While I agree he's not a 5 star I'm wondering if you watched his actual junior highlight. What he has pinned on his hudl is from his sophomore year when he was playing more DB. This happened in another thread and I linked his actual junior highlight and people understood more of the hype. He's not a finished product by no means but he has tremendous upside and athleticism you cannot teach at the position.

He did get better, but he does not hit through people with explosion, he catches them.

So because he wraps at the hips and tackles(which is the correct way) instead of taking someone's head off, he sucks?

Film is super weak.

So because he wraps at the hips and tackles(which is the correct way) instead of taking someone's head off, he sucks?

No he doesn't, go re watch his film.

And where did I say he sucks?

I said I want him in this class, just wanted others ahead of him.

He has been great in camps in shorts, but film of him in pads is weak.

I guess I just have higher standards for elite LB recruits.

Last edited:

Film is super weak.

Im taking reese over any LB in the country

Advertisement
Film is super weak.

No he doesn't, go re watch his film.

And where did I say he sucks?

I said I want him in this class, just wanted others ahead of him.

He has been great in camps in shorts, but film of him in pads is weak.

I guess I just have higher standards for elite LB recruits.

Reese would destroy gainer .. not saying that because of being a cane fan...let reese learn from our LBS and manny diaz and put that U helmet on Reese will be best lb in the country

Advertisement
Ivins says we cooled on him?

Cooled on pursuing a commitment, not on him

What does this mean exactly? We cooled on pursuing a commitment from him but didn't cool on him as a recruit?

They stopped pressing for a commitment.....he probably wasn't be receptive..

Hmmm...I guess I would take that as cooling on him. With him being Dugans' nephew, I have to think he's ours if we want him.

Ivins says we cooled on him?

Cooled on pursuing a commitment, not on him

What does this mean exactly? We cooled on pursuing a commitment from him but didn't cool on him as a recruit?

They stopped pressing for a commitment.....he probably wasn't be receptive..

Hmmm...I guess I would take that as cooling on him. With him being Dugans' nephew, I have to think he's ours if we want him.

There's been nothing about a drop in contact....then it be considered "cooling"...they're probably playing it cautiously and letting him commit when he wants to commit

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw a couple CB's saying Reese is getting further away from Miami. Ivins with a foggy aned Lake with UF. Anyone know as to why? [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz ? Is there at least an update to his status?

I saw a couple CB's saying Reese is getting further away from Miami. Ivins with a foggy aned Lake with UF. Anyone know as to why? [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz ? Is there at least an update to his status?

I think Miami is making Joyner the Priority and seems like we're only taking one lb maybe two at the most

Advertisement
From TOS, the staff watched Reese for his spring game and wasn't too impressed with they saw from him and since then the staff has cooled on him.. BUT from what I read, it was definitely about what they saw in person, when he was padded up and in action!! His performance wasn't as good, so now they are waiting I'm guessing til the season starts to evaluate him again..

From TOS, the staff watched Reese for his spring game and wasn't too impressed with they saw from him and since then the staff has cooled on him.. BUT from what I read, it was definitely about what they saw in person, when he was padded up and in action!! His performance wasn't as good, so now they are waiting I'm guessing til the season starts to evaluate him again..

how many LBs you think we be taking? My guess 1 at most two

kid has all world measurables but suspect film. A kid with his size and speed should be murdering people in high school. Not once on his film do you see him destroying anyone… lots of dragging people down. Look at the film of Mcloud, Shaq and Pinckney, they punish people.

Advertisement
Back