Cyrus Moss in the portal

Advertisement
That guy is talking about him during practice

You’re telling the kid and his family that he needs to learn a trade

If you’re not seeing the difference then you can’t be helped
I meant in short, he had close to a couple years to train with awesome facilities and he didn’t improve at all to the point we couldn’t do anything with him .
All he had to do was eat , train like X to become a beast yet he stay 200 pounds and didn’t fit in anywhere.

So with this being said and we’re trying to chase a championship, should we do more with him and take away from other’s who are training?
This type of player is what we do not need , no crying in the middle of chasing rings.

I meant in short, he had close to a couple years to train with awesome facilities and he didn’t improve at all to the point we couldn’t do anything with him .
All he had to do was eat , train like X to become a beast yet he stay 200 pounds and didn’t fit in anywhere.

So with this being said and we’re trying to chase a championship, should we do more with him and take away from other’s who are training?
This type of player is what we do not need , no crying in the middle of chasing rings.
I know what you meant and you sound ridiculous

You have no idea what’s going on and sitting on a message board giving advice to a kid and his family that you don’t know is embarrassing

I know what you meant and you sound ridiculous

You have no idea what’s going on and sitting on a message board giving advice to a kid and his family that you don’t know is embarrassing
Well , ridiculous is a 200 pound DE after (2) years.
So this is fine with you 200 pound DE up against 330 pound tackles.

He should go DIII to get playing time.

He’s family should step in , this kid will be destroyed at DI power 5 play.

IMG_6234.gif

Advertisement

I know you don’t understand that fine.

I’ve trained with some of greatest players in UM history , I assure you I’m on point.

Thanks for the conversation

I know you don’t understand that fine.

I’ve trained with some of greatest players in UM history , I assure you I’m on point.

Thanks for the conversation
Bro when did they put wifi on the short buses

The fact you think this is about his weight training proves how clueless you are about the conversation

Go play guidance counselor with someone else you ******* weirdo

Bro when did they put wifi on the short buses

The fact you think this is about his weight training proves how clueless you are about the conversation

Go play guidance counselor with someone else you ******* weirdo
I never ever attack a poster EVER , but I do get attacked not my posts. it’s your choice to come after me that’s fine .

Thank you for the attack and sharing your views

I never ever attack a poster EVER , but I do get attacked not my posts. it’s your choice to come after me that’s fine .

Thank you for the attack and sharing your views
You’re attacking a kid and giving advice to his family on a message board

Dont try and Jedi mind trick Yoda

Advertisement
but seriously for anyone who knows
Jags like moss
if they wanted to stay and finish 4 years and graduate with a UM degree
are they allowed to?
or are they just pushed out even if they want to stay?

Advertisement
but seriously for anyone who knows
Jags like moss
if they wanted to stay and finish 4 years and graduate with a UM degree
are they allowed to?
or are they just pushed out even if they want to stay?
Under previous coaches, we saw a lot of jags staying here but under Mario, you got to show out. He trynna build a championship roster, he doesn’t have schollies to lose. If he can overrecruit the jags, he’s gonna do it.

I don't think Moss has the athleticism to play off the LOS like those two. He needs the weight, and subsequent strength that goes with the weight, to play his natural position on the edge.

When we signed Malik Bryant, I thought the clock on Moss got alot quicker. It sucks but this is big time CFB. Some kids we sign WON'T graduate with University of Miami degrees
He was a Safety in High School

Also crazy that was the year of the DL for So. FL. I remember everyone saying how good:

Marvin Jones Jr.
Kenyatta Jackson
Shemar Stewart
Nyjalik Kelly

all were. Has a single one lived up to the hype yet?
Nyjallik and Shemar started games right away. Shemar was all sec freshman.

The other 2 probably get their feet wet more this year.

This is the year where you expect to see progress and where they are at. Shemar led txam in hurries last year. Nyjalik has talent but was injured last year had 4+ sacks as a freshman.

MJJ will likely start at fsu...Kenyatta was one i figured would redshirt n be a development type at osu.

All 4 hasve potential nfl draft abilities if they show the next 2 years

Advertisement
Nyjallik and Shemar started games right away. Shemar was all sec freshman.

The other 2 probably get their feet wet more this year.

This is the year where you expect to see progress and where they are at. Shemar led txam in hurries last year. Nyjalik has talent but was injured last year had 4+ sacks as a freshman.

MJJ will likely start at fsu...Kenyatta was one i figured would redshirt n be a development type at osu.

All 4 hasve potential nfl draft abilities if they show the next 2 years

DE is a grown man position. Guys like Bain or Bosa are extremely rare, even second year successes are uncommon. This is the year -- year 3 for the 4 mentioned -- when most kids that are going to grow into NFL starters take that next big step.

I liked all 4. If I'm being honest, I like MJJ the most. Bummed he's at FSU next to Darrell Jackson. After him, I like Kelly and Shemar equally for different reasons. ... As with LT, kids need to put in the work to stay Top 100 from HS to P4. As long as they do that, all 4 have the potential to be R1-R3 kids.

Moss is listed at 215, wow. Probably means he's still at 200. How is that possible? I looked at old posts on him, and back in 2022 a lot of CISers were actually saying he could contribute as a true freshman when he weighed around the same weight (200). I'll give the kid his due, he has a ton of talent. But unless he can figure out a way to gain 40 legit pounds or more while maintaining that burst and bend, he's at the right landing spot at Portland State.
Never understood the hype on this one

1723169613088.webp

Under previous coaches, we saw a lot of jags staying here but under Mario, you got to show out. He trynna build a championship roster, he doesn’t have schollies to lose. If he can overrecruit the jags, he’s gonna do it.
So do players come knowing it’s only year to year and not 4 years ?
Cuz let’s say u really embrace the student part of student athlete and just jag along but excel in class
Cuz u always meds depth so if u we’re happy being a jag is wonder if u can stay or if your basically let go

So do players come knowing it’s only year to year and not 4 years ?
Cuz let’s say u really embrace the student part of student athlete and just jag along but excel in class
Cuz u always meds depth so if u we’re happy being a jag is wonder if u can stay or if your basically let go

Short answer -- under a well-managed staff, your football scholarship would be revoked. But you can still stay on as a student if you can afford the tuition of fees, either out of pocket or through financial aid. All these kids are still eligible for all the needs-based financial aid resources that any other student has, as long as they're in good standing academically.

Longer answer -- prior to Mario, we were so bad at roster management that they would constantly let lazy-*** JAGS stay on scholarship. No exaggeration, there were times when Manny had less than 75 guys on scholarship (vs 85 limit) and was handing out scholies like candy to PWOs just to up his roster numbers. Of those 72-75 recruited guys, I would count 15-20 guys who were G5 level or below athletically. So we really only had ~55 committed and potentially-P4-athletically-capable scholarship athletes on roster. I use "potentially" because of those 55, half were true freshmen and another 10 were redshirted second-year freshmen. We'd go into a season with less than 20 upperclassmen that had any proven P4 capability at all.

That's why you never heard of us pulling scholarships before. Mario's staff is different. They are definitely pulling schollies. Probably won't need to for numbers purposes once the 85-limit is upped to 105 or whatever. But you can count on the fact they'll pull them for lackadaisical effort.

Advertisement
Back