Cyrus Moss in the portal

Short answer -- under a well-managed staff, your football scholarship would be revoked. But you can still stay on as a student if you can afford the tuition of fees, either out of pocket or through financial aid. All these kids are still eligible for all the needs-based financial aid resources that any other student has, as long as they're in good standing academically.

Longer answer -- prior to Mario, we were so bad at roster management that they would constantly let lazy-*** JAGS stay on scholarship. No exaggeration, there were times when Manny had less than 75 guys on scholarship (vs 85 limit) and was handing out scholies like candy to PWOs just to up his roster numbers. Of those 72-75 recruited guys, I would count 15-20 guys who were G5 level or below athletically. So we really only had ~55 committed and potentially-P4-athletically-capable scholarship athletes on roster. I use "potentially" because of those 55, half were true freshmen and another 10 were redshirted second-year freshmen. We'd go into a season with less than 20 upperclassmen that had any proven P4 capability at all.

That's why you never heard of us pulling scholarships before. Mario's staff is different. They are definitely pulling schollies. Probably won't need to for numbers purposes once the 85-limit is upped to 105 or whatever. But you can count on the fact they'll pull them for lackadaisical effort.
thanks dude
so its basically a year to year contract

Advertisement
Short answer -- under a well-managed staff, your football scholarship would be revoked. But you can still stay on as a student if you can afford the tuition of fees, either out of pocket or through financial aid. All these kids are still eligible for all the needs-based financial aid resources that any other student has, as long as they're in good standing academically.

Longer answer -- prior to Mario, we were so bad at roster management that they would constantly let lazy-*** JAGS stay on scholarship. No exaggeration, there were times when Manny had less than 75 guys on scholarship (vs 85 limit) and was handing out scholies like candy to PWOs just to up his roster numbers. Of those 72-75 recruited guys, I would count 15-20 guys who were G5 level or below athletically. So we really only had ~55 committed and potentially-P4-athletically-capable scholarship athletes on roster. I use "potentially" because of those 55, half were true freshmen and another 10 were redshirted second-year freshmen. We'd go into a season with less than 20 upperclassmen that had any proven P4 capability at all.

That's why you never heard of us pulling scholarships before. Mario's staff is different. They are definitely pulling schollies. Probably won't need to for numbers purposes once the 85-limit is upped to 105 or whatever. But you can count on the fact they'll pull them for lackadaisical effort.
Y'all remember that one year where we all thought (well, many of us) that we could beat 'Bama with the type of roster described here?

Me neither!

So do players come knowing it’s only year to year and not 4 years ?
Cuz let’s say u really embrace the student part of student athlete and just jag along but excel in class
Cuz u always meds depth so if u we’re happy being a jag is wonder if u can stay or if your basically let go
It stopped being year to year almost a decade ago for power conferences. 4years guaranteed Unless they are kicked out of school or violate serious team rules then they’re there until graduation unless they transfer. Can’t revoke/cut players.

Advertisement
Also crazy that was the year of the DL for So. FL. I remember everyone saying how good:

Marvin Jones Jr.
Kenyatta Jackson
Shemar Stewart
Nyjalik Kelly

all were. Has a single one lived up to the hype yet?

that was a huge sofla DL class. Mario Eugenio and Richard thomas was in that group, Lyons, Nolton, et al.

Ironically the best one of all of them (the ones we were after) as far as college production goes might be Zane Durant. Penciled to start this fall I think Bruce brought him up in his freaks list.

Advertisement
Keep going after a kid you don’t know and then crying when a grown man calls you out on it
Wait, I’m not attacking this kid , you can’t play DE at DI level at 200 pounds plus you had a couple years to bulk up and nothing.

Would you think it was normal, should start him against Florida coming off the edge at 200 pounds that’s not even LB size let alone trench warfare.
He X came in here as nothing and will leave as possibly an all American and high NFL draft choice .

I want all our kids to train like no other so they can be like no other like X .

He chose to be a 200 pound DE so that’s were he remains.

When your chasing championships you can’t have mediocrity, we had that and it doesn’t work .

Hope you get my drift

Wait, I’m not attacking this kid , you can’t play DE at DI level at 200 pounds plus you had a couple years to bulk up and nothing.

Would you think it was normal, should start him against Florida coming off the edge at 200 pounds that’s not even LB size let alone trench warfare.
He X came in here as nothing and will leave as possibly an all American and high NFL draft choice .

I want all our kids to train like no other so they can be like no other like X .

He chose to be a 200 pound DE so that’s were he remains.

When your chasing championships you can’t have mediocrity, we had that and it doesn’t work .

Hope you get my drift
Again you’re absolutely blowing past what I’ve said repeatedly because you know you were full of ****

You have no business giving his family advice about his future and suggesting he “learn a trade”

Until you address that, stop wasting my time with your strawman nonsense

Again you’re absolutely blowing past what I’ve said repeatedly because you know you were full of ****

You have no business giving his family advice about his future and suggesting he “learn a trade”

Until you address that, stop wasting my time with your strawman nonsense
Ok you win ,

We should be concerned about his family and how they might feel , I get it .

Maybe Mario and D coordinator can talk him into staying and giving him more time to mature in his remaining (2) years.

One thing we can never have is hurt feelings in football, I apologies.

Bottom line your probably playing me good, if so my compliments .

Ok you win ,

We should be concerned about his family and how they might feel , I get it .

Maybe Mario and D coordinator can talk him into staying and giving him more time to mature in his remaining (2) years.

One thing we can never have is hurt feelings in football, I apologies.

Bottom line you’re probably playing me good, if so my compliments .
I can tell you’re old by the dumb **** you say. All you gotta say is you probably shouldn’t comment on a kids home life and his personal family matters

That’s it. That’s the end of the story.

The other stuff you’re saying is just a way to try and weasel your way out of it because I’ve never suggested any of it

Advertisement
I can tell you’re old by the dumb **** you say. All you gotta say is you probably shouldn’t comment on a kids home life and his personal family matters

That’s it. That’s the end of the story.

The other stuff you’re saying is just a way to try and weasel your way out of it because I’ve never suggested any of it
We’re good ,sharing, look forward to other topics.

By the way John Hall your call sign one the most popular names anywhere.

Oh one more thing, I’ll be 67 Sept , maybe not that old 😂.

Every time I see this kid's name... I start to hate myself for not saving that clip of practice footage where he literally got BEHEADED by an Olineman. Like... it was one of the worst(for him) blocks I've ever seen. At that moment I knew he was too light in the a$$ and something was wrong. Dude helmet flew off and still hasn't landed on some Bobby Smurda shít.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back