2025 Cortez Mills 4* WR from Homestead

I can understand being nonchalant about recruiting in general, but none of the 22-24 WR signees have made an impact yet. Until they do I'd hold off on the "I'm not worried about WRs" stance.
It's a fine take, but George and restrepo are still here from the Manuela days. Just to provide a counter point as to why that is the case. Certainly it can be said that if they were good enough they would be on the field, but two of the 3 main WR's are solid players who have been here a while. Early returns are really solid on the '24 class at WR.

Advertisement
Ehhh I agree to tweet this is very weird and a bit vindictive.

But we killed it locally last year. Something like 5 of the top 8? 7 of the top 12 to 14ish?
Yeah I agree. You’re never gonna get them all. Especially down here with so much talent.
But why be so vocal about it.
I’m sure local kids really wanted that commitable bama or lsu offer and never got it and never said a **** thing.

Local kids are quick to slam UM. We have to stop thinking this 305 over every thing. It’s obvious that Mario and the staff have their criteria and are gonna go after talent committed or not.

Many people, myself included, have been critical about losing local players in the past.

J smith being one of them. But Mills is not Jeremiah Smith. The previous staffs have either been too lazy, didn’t have the resources or just plain didn’t have the cojones to go after elite talent at a national level the way Bama and the rest do.
Mario going all in after osu and Oregon and any other 5 star commit. When was the last time we had a head coach or a staff do that?
This the definition of idgaf!!
Now tell me that he hasn’t pulled it off but he has.

No he won’t. He just will have to keep the visits quiet.

A lot of Clemson commits continued to visit, Fred Davis is good example
The Boys GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
Clemson doesn’t have the receivers it used to have. They aren’t pumping out guys at that rate anymore.

And another question. Who has publicly dissed after we chose not to pursue for some reason and gone on to be a dude ?
The 2 wrs they landed last class likely change the narrative a lil bit they already flashed since being there.

He dissd?.

Alot of guys got th recruiting curse though for sure.

No bueno

Wait and see mode though. If offense balls out and we win of course, we’ll be fine.
When the ink dries we will have stud receivers. But this one is weird. Smells more like Dabo telling the kid if he commits he can’t visit but im interested to see what happened and what happens moving forward.

Advertisement
Yeah I agree. You’re never gonna get them all. Especially down here with so much talent.
But why be so vocal about it.

Oh I agree, as has been kinda accepted by all in this thread…There's obviously some type of disconnect or someone put their foot down here.

Last edited:
Curious to hear what's going on here. Hopefully things can get resolved down the line because he's a talented kid and we cant just let talented skill players leave the south florida year after year.
Who said so? They have not been loyal to UM like kids in other places. They are mercenaries who go for the highest bidder. I remember how they used to dump UM for bags in other schools. I’m happy Mario is recruiting nationally. I’m looking forward to when these mercenaries will beg to play for the U and be bluffed.

If the boy makes an emotional post like that it is obvious we stopped recruiting bc of some character issue. Some people just aren’t worth the hassle.
Doesn't necessarily have to be a character issue. Could just be he does not have the greenlight to commit due to people being higher on the board and the kid feels slighted. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last either.

Advertisement
Doesn't necessarily have to be a character issue. Could just be he does not have the greenlight to commit due to people being higher on the board and the kid feels slighted. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last either.
Or, maybe he has valued (NIL) himself higher than he really is. Maybe he wants JS or Inniss money.

This ain't just a South Florida thing.

There's always a tricky dynamic for the home schools recruiting in their talent-rich Metro areas with players+handlers and their sense of entitlement, being snubbed, etc, etc, etc. Ask any UGA fans in ATL, SC fans in LA or UT+A&M fans in Dallas/Houston. They'd say the same.

The one thing that always makes things easier is winning big. Lot of recruiting BS falls by the wayside when a program is rolling and can pick and choose prospects nationally. Kids get humble quick when their first choice moves on and takes a higher-rated recruit at their position.

Advertisement
If CMC and his staff put forth their best effort (and it sure seems like they are) and we lose an A-list prospect, then so be it. We ain't gotta like it, but that's how things go sometimes -- at least until we're back dominating.

What can't happen, though, is for FSU and UF to establish a foothold in Dade/Broward/PB where they're getting as many or more of the recruits Mario really wants than we are.

That's a massive problem, especially if we end up in the B1G with the Gates and Noles in the SEC

Advertisement
Back