CORNELL @ MIAMI (-16) 7PM WED ACCNX & RSN also try BallySUN

Didn’t watch the game but it looks like a wild one
Unbelievably wild scoring attack on both sides.

No slight at all to the red, they were stellar, but we better get to work on our defense big time. We EASILY got taken to the rack with simple first steps and zero help all game…and with their deadly 3 pointer ability, thank God Wong went off..

Advertisement
Gave Wong some **** this year with his out of control play and poor outside shooting but he shut me up today. **** of a game and he hit some huge shots especially that corner 3 late in the game. Need more games like that especially against teams like Duke Virginia Unc.

Gave Wong some **** this year with his out of control play and poor outside shooting but he shut me up today. **** of a game and he hit some huge shots especially that corner 3 late in the game. Need more games like that especially against teams like Duke Virginia Unc.
It’s time for pack to step up as well. His numbers are very pedestrian through 10 games.

Advertisement
It’s time for pack to step up as well. His numbers are very pedestrian through 10 games.
He hasn't been crisp often enough this season. All of his shooting numbers are lower than they were as a freshman. I've got to think that when(if) he returns to his old self in terms of efficiency this team will have another gear it can reach.

The best Ivy League teams are always good. That's been verified over the decades by how well they play in the NCAAT. A lot of their players are now also finding themselves "in demand" via the Portal.

Proof that those are the smartest players. Get an Ivy League degree and then go play for a year or two at a better basketball school. Brilliant.

Advertisement
I'm so ****ed off. Had the TiVo set to record, but the channel did NOT play the game, they played a bunch of other garbage. So I figure, let me catch the replay. Never played. Got one more chance at 1 pm today, not hopeful though.

The **** "condensed" version on the internet was FOURTEEN MINUTES. Incredible, I don't think I've ever seen one that long.

I'm so ****ed off. Had the TiVo set to record, but the channel did NOT play the game, they played a bunch of other garbage. So I figure, let me catch the replay. Never played. Got one more chance at 1 pm today, not hopeful though.

The **** "condensed" version on the internet was FOURTEEN MINUTES. Incredible, I don't think I've ever seen one that long.
Sadly, it won't include the momentum swings and energy of that game. It was a ride!

L said post game that the game played out exactly as thought based on the scouting report, high octane run/gun offense, chucking 3's like crazy, mix of full court press and man. totally no reason to have won by two, a couple of really late sloppy plays let them right back into the game. That block by Chad at the end was incredible.. Good news is not many teams we play going forward run like that all game. Fun game to watch though.

Hopefully a lesson for the team learned through a win rather than a loss.

I’m sure fatigue was a factor, but there are going to be plenty of 40 minute high intensity games this season.

Our guys played like the game was over and they were over the game for the last 3-4 minutes. Gotta give Cornell credit for fighting, scratching, and clawing till the final buzzer, but the end game effort/hustle/intensity/composure on our side was really pretty poor.

Advertisement
Hopefully a lesson for the team learned through a win rather than a loss.

I’m sure fatigue was a factor, but there are going to be plenty of 40 minute high intensity games this season.

Our guys played like the game was over and they were over the game for the last 3-4 minutes. Gotta give Cornell credit for fighting, scratching, and clawing till the final buzzer, but the end game effort/hustle/intensity/composure on our side was really pretty poor.
I felt it was a win for us later in the game when we would score and then their next possession they wouldn't get a shot off 20-25 seconds in. All game shots were going up within 15 seconds on their end.

It has become almost a very bad habit for this team. Get a lead and then relax enough for the opponent to get back in the game. Then pull off a late miracle shot to win. I like Coach L, but he needs to clamp down on the sloppy play.

I kept thinking, how is he going to explain scoring over 100 points and losing the game. Happens in the NBA, but not that often in college ball.

Advertisement
Clock management and ball control were awful down the stretch last night.

But the one positive is night after night this team does what it takes to win games late, something that will be important come conference and tournament play.
The corner 3 Wong hit was way too early in the shot clock but he had the hot hand all night and was wide open so I'll take it. Ball control and inability to pull down defensive boards late was extremely frustrating.

It has become almost a very bad habit for this team. Get a lead and then relax enough for the opponent to get back in the game. Then pull off a late miracle shot to win. I like Coach L, but he needs to clamp down on the sloppy play.

I kept thinking, how is he going to explain scoring over 100 points and losing the game. Happens in the NBA, but not that often in college ball.

Except in quadruple overtime...

Sadly, it won't include the momentum swings and energy of that game. It was a ride!

Finally got the game on my third attempt at recording, and watched it this morning. Fantastic.

I told people to watch out for that Wong stab-step forward before he steps back and hits the three. Helps out his entire game.

Advertisement
Back