Corn Elder Committed

I wonder if we will see a Kick return for TD against Florida this year a la Hester? HMMMMMM.....

Advertisement
So uh, how scary is this offense going to be?

Just thinking about it...
186.jpg

Sandland and Walford
Elder, GusBus, and THE DUKE
Dorsett, Coley, Malcolm, and Scott...and Hurns...and Lockhart when he comes back
Monster Offensive Line to give the biggest arm in college football time to wing it

This is gonna be fun

Dallas Crawford will play a role in this offense.

Wow loved the kids video... never even knew we were on this kid. Crazy...

Kid has insane balance. Like a cat - always lands on his feet. No clue about his level of competition though.

Someone email him the UTough works outs, NOW. Want to see him break a few ankles vs UF/FSU this year. Few players in particular.

Advertisement
I`ve been a Cane fan for over 50 years. The buzz over this team is something we haven`t had in years. Is it football season yet? I`m ready!!!!!

I heard that Ohio State wanted him for a Percy Harvin role inthe spread the only thing im surprised with is he fits a spread more so does that mean we are more likely for a spread now?

Urban Meyer tells that same line to every 5'9"-5'11" ATH that has speed and quickness. He also tells every 6'2"-6'5" Dual Threat QB that he envisions him in the Tebow role. Besides, how does OSU's plans for the kid have anything to do with the offense Miami will run? Answer:None.

The what wil his role be here? if you watch his tapes he looks better in the spread in space not just a regular pro that's all im saying just like UCLA, Auburn and Ga Tech none of them run a pro style offense and they been on him for the longest

He will be all over the field. You don't have to be in a spread offense to find space. Guys like this are used to create mismatches. You can line him up in the slot, the backfield, the Wildcat, end arounds, flanker sweeps, and in the return game. The pro style offense is multiple formations, not just I formation, running back powers and play action passes. Roscoe Parrish and Santana Moss are 2 guys that would've been great in a spread offense, but were also great in a pro offense because the coaches played to their strengths. Look at the plays run for Duke Johnson last year. He lined up behind a fullback and went power up the middle. He lined up single back in spread formations and ran inside and outside. He even lined up at WR or motioned out there from the running back spot. ****, they even went to 3 back pistol line up as well. This offense is designed to put your playmakers in position to make plays. I would say it is way more NE and Belicheck pro style, then it is traditional pro style like Jim Tressels 2002 OSU* offense. You play to your guys' strengths and take advantage of mismatches while getting it to your playmakers. Last years offense is closer to what a Miami offense should be(minus the inconsistency). I like the uptempo offense and taking advantage of all the athleticism on the field. I assume it will continue to be that no matter who Golden's OC is.

I agree, maybe to explainbetter i think as far as explosion lays he's close to Duke so to break it down easiar it would be for a spread at least till he gains more weight which is my only negative with him butits on Coley i got to see how he usesa spread or pro that will fit Corn where he can kill it because in the ACC at the most maybe 4 teams have athletes to defend the players on our offense so we should use them to them to the best of their abilities that's all.

Advertisement
I`ve been a Cane fan for over 50 years. The buzz over this team is something we haven`t had in years. Is it football season yet? I`m ready!!!!!

yup, his balance is what stands out the most. And he breaks lots of tackles for a 160lb(probably 150) kid. He is gonna be fun to watch returning punts, ROSCOEish

Al Golden you sneaky little ******* you

Reminds me of the ole JJ and Butch recruiting... finding them here, there, anywhere other recruiters seem not to be. And who cares when really, as long we get the diamonds in the rough, the Cane way. Given the comments by folks who've seen him, I'm digging the sh*t out of this.

Sandland and Walford
Dorsett, Coley, Malcolm, and Scott...and Hurns...and Lockhart when he comes back
Monster Offensive Line to give the biggest arm in college football time to wing it

This is gonna be fun

Yes, Crawford will get reps. I personally love Crawford's upside. As for Elder, he has very nice acceleration and very good feet and balance. Needs to be coached up protecting the ball, but that's an easy fix.

Advertisement
those aren't the reasons. carroll sends out his tweet when a player commits. end of story. has nothing to do w/ out of state and loi and whether he is a 2013 commit or not.

End of story? FAIL, Mr. Know it all!

Brennan Carroll ‏@brennanpcarroll
#WelcomeToTheU !!!!

Sandland and Walford

This is gonna be fun

I think Dallas will have a nice season at RB.

Advertisement
I have a ton of stuff on corn.

If you have any more questions I can probably answer them.

Can he play corner? Barton Simmons from 247 (who absolutely loves him) says he is very physical on defense.

This was my 2nd thought, and especially since someone posted he's a LOCKDOWN defender on D. It takes a certain attitude to respond to a challenge like that and it translates to any sport.

My 1st thought was "Wow, this guy is going to get stripped left and right at the next level!" If he stays at RB, fix the way he holds the rock immediately.

Elder vs FSU's Jalen Ramsey - http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/594536/size/condensed/

Slow start, but kid has a pretty good game. I'm just at half time and he's already ran for 204 yards (only 1 or 2 big ones, so he churned for a lot of 10-15 yarders) and caused a fumble with a hard hit from safety spot. His build will need lots of work but his burst is legit... on one play he breaks down the right sideline and it looks like Ramsey's going to run him down, but he kicks into another gear and starts to pull away for a few steps before Ramsey dives and catches his foot. He's very shifty and good at avoiding big hits. You know how Graig Cooper used to make a nice move, seemingly make a defender miss, look like he was headed for paydirt and then maddeningly get barely tripped up and fall? It looks like Elder has that last second shiftyness without the tripping.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back