MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Geriatric seems to be alluding to something similar that might crush fsu fans. He’s saying fsu might go on TNT as a network bridge before they go to a new conference. TNT would be stupid to pay decent money since they’ve got a national cable footprint but fsu is a regional brand and desperate.

He’s also saying he’s going to profile the teams that could be #20 for the B1G and he’s going to exclude one that will be a surprise to most. We know that’s Miami since he’s a warchant slurper.

He’s also going to model USF, Tulane and Memphis to the ACC. Somehow he thinks he’s an ACC expert now too.

Advertisement
Geriatric seems to be alluding to something similar that might crush fsu fans. He’s saying fsu might go on TNT as a network bridge before they go to a new conference. TNT would be stupid to pay decent money since they’ve got a national cable footprint but fsu is a regional brand and desperate.

He’s also saying he’s going to profile the teams that could be #20 for the B1G and he’s going to exclude one that will be a surprise to most. We know that’s Miami since he’s a warchant slurper.

He’s also going to model USF, Tulane and Memphis to the ACC. Somehow he thinks he’s an ACC expert now too.
Who? Genetics?? Lol

Don’t know how true it is but

If true, FSU's stupidity and arrogance know no end.

Jimbo leaves them for more money and places much of his decision to leave on the fact FSU refused to upgrade their facilities and invest in the program. Over the past year, they've been looking into private equity to help fund their athletic department.

And they would still dare jump into the high cost of suing their way out of the ACC WITHOUT a landing spot in their back pocket? Just seems too implausible to be true, even in Tallahassee.

Advertisement
Throw money out and I would much rather be in the BIG12 that the Big 10 I mean 18. Basketball, Baseball, Much more wide open football and no **** snow games
Agreed, however money rules this sport now and the financial differences between the two conferences vastly supersedes any of the benefits the BIG12 offers. In 4 years, it’ll be a sport dominated by two conferences…and football is basically an athletic program’s entire source of revenue (at least for 95% of programs). Some caveats obviously are like Duke/UConn bball, SEC baseball.

We’d walk into the Big10 right now as maybe the 5th-6th best program right now, while BIG12 would be Top 3. I’d give them Utah and maybe Arizona, probably Top 2 though.

But this isn’t about the present, it’s about to future. And it’s why we have to show success on the field to match the financial commitment and recruiting. Otherwise we’re just Texas A&M with Jimbo, and not so hot of a commodity.

Oh look, I was right again.

Sheldon Cooper Win GIF by CBS
1000045071.gif

Advertisement

Believe the "magnificent 7 team" being off the table for the B10 he was referring to is UNC. Got to believe they are SEC bound period. Don't forget TNT is owned by Warner Brothers Discovery (WBD) and they are joint venture partners with ESPN and FOX in the new Venu Streaming service that will launch this Fall (pending govt approval). All kinds of horse trading are most likely going on. There was a post the other day on another site by a guy whose buddy, a TNT staffer, stated that TNT had just begun program modeling impact of having FSU games. As an independent? As a member of the P2? Quien sabe?

Also a lot of repeated comments that "Yomark is big game hunting" and has Miami and Louisville as his main targets. A lot of purposeful disinformation being thrown out there to disguise real intent. Keeps things interesting until kickoff this season. I would expect there should be some clarity by the August 15 ACC notification deadline for transfers.

Agreed, however money rules this sport now and the financial differences between the two conferences vastly supersedes any of the benefits the BIG12 offers. In 4 years, it’ll be a sport dominated by two conferences…and football is basically an athletic program’s entire source of revenue (at least for 95% of programs). Some caveats obviously are like Duke/UConn bball, SEC baseball.

We’d walk into the Big10 right now as maybe the 5th-6th best program right now, while BIG12 would be Top 3. I’d give them Utah and maybe Arizona, probably Top 2 though.

But this isn’t about the present, it’s about to future. And it’s why we have to show success on the field to match the financial commitment and recruiting. Otherwise we’re just Texas A&M with Jimbo, and not so hot of a commodity.
It isn't just "financial disparity". The financial disparity will be resulting FROM dramatic differences in broadcast programming (visibility on OTA networks) and viewership. Also expect the CFP access and payout to further lean in the P2's favor. That programming differential and media funding gap between football conferences will also impact recruiting. Really just need to get into the P2 asap.

Advertisement

👇👇👇Not sure the math is mathing here, but ok????👇👇👇

I suppose the argument is:

- Instead of merging Big 12 + ACC, Yormark just poaches "the best" of what ACC has
- Rumor is the new conference's naming rights are up for sale "Allstate 20" type of thing..they certainly have the $$$$ for it

Last edited:
Advertisement
IF FSPoo and Clemmie end up in the Big12 I will laugh at their tenacity to get out only to land there. BUT....that conference will be a very strong and competitive football conference. Stronger than the ACC. We al talk about how "Strong" the SEC and B10 are but really they are not well balanced. A few strong teams at the to and the rest are middling programs

Advertisement
Back