MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Throw money out and I would much rather be in the BIG12 that the Big 10 I mean 18. Basketball, Baseball, Much more wide open football and no **** snow games
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Weather is worse at many of the B12 schools
At the very worst you would have just 2 - 3 away games in late October / November.
On the flip side you would have those schools visiting us in Sept/October (heat / humidity).
I just don't see this as a great obstacle

Advertisement
IF FSPoo and Clemmie end up in the Big12 I will laugh at their tenacity to get out only to land there. BUT....that conference will be a very strong and competitive football conference. Stronger than the ACC. We al talk about how "Strong" the SEC and B10 are but really they are not well balanced. A few strong teams at the to and the rest are middling programs
The only thing that matters is NATTIES, and the Big12 ain’t winning em anytime soon

Yormark said on Bruce Feldman pod that he wants to have the same 1-2 top-level teams that compete for the CFP/Natty every year. Which is probably why he's after FSU & Clemson.

Advertisement

👇👇👇Not sure the math is mathing here, but ok????👇👇👇

I suppose the argument is:

- Instead of merging Big 12 + ACC, Yormark just poaches "the best" of what ACC has
- Rumor is the new conference's naming rights are up for sale "Allstate 20" type of thing..they certainly have the $$$$ for it

The theory (and it’s not wrong or impossible) is that the deal gets adjusted up with name brands (absolutely possible) and big 12 pays those schools more than other members.

👇👇👇Not sure the math is mathing here, but ok????👇👇👇

I suppose the argument is:

- Instead of merging Big 12 + ACC, Yormark just poaches "the best" of what ACC has
- Rumor is the new conference's naming rights are up for sale "Allstate 20" type of thing..they certainly have the $$$$ for it

Corporate naming rights is the way to go. It brings in several hundreds of millions in incremental revenue for the conference.

At the very worst you would have just 2 - 3 away games in late October / November.
On the flip side you would have those schools visiting us in Sept/October (heat / humidity).
I just don't see this as a great obstacle
Agreed. Weather patterns have changed tremendously over the years. Here in Chicago, we don't start seeing significant cold and / or snow until December. If Miami players and fans can't hack a game or two in 40-degree temps and an occasional snow shower, then they shouldn't participate in the game of football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The theory (and it’s not wrong or impossible) is that the deal gets adjusted up with name brands (absolutely possible) and big 12 pays those schools more than other members.

I do think more conferences are going to start taking money from doormats and giving more to their top teams, but the idea that FSU and Clemson are going to Big12 is silly. That dude throws crap against the wall nonstop

I do think more conferences are going to start taking money from doormats and giving more to their top teams, but the idea that FSU and Clemson are going to Big12 is silly. That dude throws crap against the wall nonstop
Which dude? Flugar? Ross Dillinger? Josh pate?

Which dude? Flugar? Ross Dillinger? Josh pate?
Was about to say all of them.

In regards to realignment or conference talks, no one knows anything. And I'm sure @TheOriginalCane, who should know, can agree here. Because the entire topic, with all the money and legality involved, probably won't get spit out like recruiting stories nowadays.

We're talking serious business here.

Advertisement
I love the Big 12 strategy… for the Big12.
I can easily see a P2.5 scenario where the P2 get the most bids to postseason but Big12 gets multiple as well.

The ACC in court battles going to lose a members and if they remain it could be the equivalent of the AAC or Mountain West.

That said, all day every day give me B1G for Miami.

Was about to say all of them.

In regards to realignment or conference talks, no one knows anything. And I'm sure @TheOriginalCane, who should know, can agree here. Because the entire topic, with all the money and legality involved, probably won't get spit out like recruiting stories nowadays.

We're talking serious business here.

Just for the record, half a year ago the two schools mentioned were SEC or nothing, now, they're so enticed by the Big 12 offer they will go there? Nah.

Advertisement
Back