MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
In this time of darkness, we need a beacon of light.

@fraggle illuminate the way.

He posted yesterday I believe, so he is still napping.................
Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Advertisement
Sorry there is literally zero world where UVA would rank ahead of like even 6 current ACC members in realignment.
Swaim is crap but you’re wrong if it isn’t purely about revenue from football audience. People are making all this to based on one specific factor (though Cleary that’s a big factor)

Swaim is crap but you’re wrong if it isn’t purely about revenue from football audience. People are making all this to based on one specific factor (though Cleary that’s a big factor)
I mean sure if you want the ****** mediocre of all trades instead of the master of 2-3 that actually matter lol.

If it’s academics: Stanford, Cal, and Duke are superior. UNC, ND, GTech are right there with (to slightly above/slightly below) UVA.

If it’s Football Media, no matter what, ND, FSU, Miami, VTech, UNC, Louisville all are far above UVA.

If its football actual Results/Historical and present: no joke probably every ACC program.

If it’s basketball: UNC, Duke, and probably Louisville are clearly above. uVA probably next, but I don’t think k US, Clemson, FSU, NcSt are very far behind.

If it’s about states: Florida schools (Miami FsU) North Carolina schools (UnC, nc st, Duke, wake), Northern California schools (Stanford cal) Texas (SMU lol), New York (Syracuse), Pennsylvania ( Pitt), Georgia (GTech), etc….

Olympic sports: Stanford, Cal, UNC above, GTech and Duke right there. fSU and Nd maybe too lol

Advertisement
I mean sure if you want the ****** mediocre of all trades instead of the master of 2-3 that actually matter lol.

If it’s academics: Stanford, Cal, and Duke are superior. UNC, ND, GTech are right there with (to slightly above/slightly below) UVA.

If it’s Football Media, no matter what, ND, FSU, Miami, VTech, UNC, Louisville all are far above UVA.

If its football actual Results/Historical and present: no joke probably every ACC program.

If it’s basketball: UNC, Duke, and probably Louisville are clearly above. uVA probably next, but I don’t think k US, Clemson, FSU, NcSt are very far behind.

If it’s about states: Florida schools (Miami FsU) North Carolina schools (UnC, nc st, Duke, wake), Northern California schools (Stanford cal) Texas (SMU lol), New York (Syracuse), Pennsylvania ( Pitt), Georgia (GTech), etc….

Olympic sports: Stanford, Cal, UNC above, GTech and Duke right there. fSU and Nd maybe too lol

Believe what you want to believe.

I told you the truth over two years ago:

1720632270220.webp

Believe what you want to believe.

I told you the truth over two years ago:

View attachment 294588
Your reason may be true, but objectively isn’t actually a good reason to choose them over others for realignment. Like the best interpretation of your reasoning (unite the confederacy) is that they are one of the bigger major state schools remaining. And let’s be clear what you’re saying applies to the SEC, not B10. I’m just saying you’d have to be dumb to actually choose UVA over like at least like 4-6 programs in ACC currently.

Your reason may be true, but objectively isn’t actually a good reason to choose them over others for realignment. I’m just saying you’d have to be dumb to actually choose UVA over like at least like 4-6 programs in ACC currently.

Your opinion doesn't matter. "Objectivity" doesn't matter. The SEC heart wants what the SEC heart wants.

And if they want UVa and UNC, your analysis doesn't matter.

That's not an insult or a criticism, that's just reality. I think UVa is a terrible choice, and that if the SEC wants to get into VA, they should do it via VaTech.

Oh well.

Advertisement

Just for the record, half a year ago the two schools mentioned were SEC or nothing, now, they're so enticed by the Big 12 offer they will go there? Nah.

This is just absurd. He really expects everyone to believe that the B1G would bypass the chance to have one of its members in the state of Florida, and it is supposed to be all or nothing for UNC & UVA.
If true it would be nothing short of stunning, but I'm not buying it.

This is just absurd. He really expects everyone to believe that the B1G would bypass the chance to have one of its members in the state of Florida, and it is supposed to be all or nothing for UNC & UVA.
Well, there is another ACC team in FL and they're AAU.

Don't discount hubris.

It will be SEC and B1Gs undoing in the end.

Advertisement
Maybe FSU makes sense from one perspective (eyeballs/football) but not from another (academics). Pretty sure the networks are bringing forth possible additions to the conference presidents and that’s where things get tricky.

I do think B1G is going to be in Florida, but if the presidents have their way, it’ll more likely be Miami due to AAU

The backpedaling by the gaping a-holes on this site that **** on anyone who expressed skepticism that FSU and Clemson had already negotiated their exit out of the ACC and into the P2 is going to be entertaining to watch.

Look At That Murdoch Mysteries GIF by Ovation TV

Admit it, you've had some of your ribs removed, so that you could suck your own **** more easily.

As with the other 1,028 pages of this thread, people convey what other sources have reported. And quite a few F$U sources have confidently predicted their own landing spot.

I have always questioned whether the Big 10 would get F$U (as easily as Genetics was predicting) and I've always thought that the SEC was a snake hiding in the grass waiting to strike. I've frequently pointed out that UNC and UVa are high priorities for the SEC. But it will definitely be surprising if NEITHER conference offers F$U, they are too strong of a rights-property to be shut out permanently.

F$U and Clemson should definitely win their lawsuits, though. What it means AFTER that point, who knows.

Advertisement
Back