MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

You are such a weak and pathetic person. You bring nothing of value to any conversation. You have no information. You have no analysis. All you are is negative and hateful.

You're just behaving like a toxic ****.

Don't bother with the ha-ha reaction emojis. You've been exposed for what you are. Someone who knows nothing and adds nothing, but you're oh-so-proud of your 20,000 negative posts. Because you're "keeping it real". Real dumb.

Just keep tearing down all of your superiors who know more, share more, and discuss more. But it should be noted that you keep coming back every single day to suck our asses and make your worthless snarky comments.

You protest too loudly

Advertisement
That is because we have lives and crap to do. Nothing for FSU fans to do but sit at home behind their crusty keyboards
Now, now, they did work on their flower garden...

447fca6a7888f3e7594e6b7667bc932e-132198330.jpeg

Advertisement
Would you mind pointing out a link or reference to where that came out (not conjecture)?

Not doubting you, I just haven't seen that before and would be interested in reading about it.

Look, I'm not mad at you, and @Hold My Beer posted an excerpt...but it's hard when some folks have been posting for nearly 1,000 pages...to know exactly where to go to find things that have been discussed for a while.

No conjecture here. Sorry that I've been deep down the rabbit hole for 2 years, but I wouldn't post random-*** **** at this point.

That's for Genetics to do.

The UNC-NC State and UVA-VA Tech situations are essentially the same.

I think Sankey will end up doing the politically expedient thing and take all four of those schools.

I'm not saying that there wouldn't be some UVa-VaTech drama, but the UNC-NC State stuff has actually been the subject of recent political activity in the state.

So that's why I'm giving the "drama edge" to the NC schools.

Advertisement
That is because we have lives and crap to do. Nothing for FSU fans to do but sit at home behind their crusty keyboards
Ok, enough!

It's soft shouldered quiche eating beta bull**** like this is why our Hurricanes suck donkey balls the past 23 years.

Perfect example: we are at 990 and the mouth breathers at Warchant hit 2400 already.

They have focus, commitment, and a sense of nothing else to live for but porsts and petty bickering on a message board. We have jobs and families and other activities outside of CIS.

W T F is that?

Pathetic is what it is I'm gonna tell you gatos right now. We better re-dedicate ourselves to unhinged crazy PRONTO MUCHACHOS or we are gonna start holding some people accountable I promise you that!!!

#*****esTryMe

Last edited:
I think you’re stretching that theory here man. There are racist idiots in every area of the world. That doesn’t mean there’s some grand plan for SEC schools to collect all the confederate states. It’s a conference made up of southern states, so there’s obviously parallels. There isn’t some powerful racist cabal inside the SEC leadership trying to pay homage to the confederacy though.

Wrong.

There is only one conference in the country that would put UVa in its Top 2 of desired schools.

And it's not the Big 10 or Big 12.

I'm not saying that there wouldn't be some UVa-VaTech drama, but the UNC-NC State stuff has actually been the subject of recent political activity in the state.

So that's why I'm giving the "drama edge" to the NC schools.

For sure right now.

But I think it could well end up being a "Monkey See, Monkey Do" situation in which the Virginia politicians follow the path of their counterparts in North Carolina so that UVA and VA Tech each get that P2 landing spot.

I think both Sankey and ESPN — as well as Petitti, FOX/NBC/CBS — have an expectation for how the dominoes will fall.

1. FSU+Clemson to the SEC
2. UNC+NC State to the SEC
3. UVA+VA Tech to the SEC
(ACC sinking faster than a post-iceberg Titanic at this point)
4. ND throws in the towel, Canes+Irish to the B1G

There is only one conference in the country that would put UVa in its Top 2 of desired schools.

And it's not the Big 10 or Big 12.

B1G: Miami over UVA (Canes bring Florida presence and a **Top 5 recruiting hotbed, bigger brand name, more eyeballs, built-in made-for-TV matchups with ND)

SEC: UVA over Miami (Hoos bring another flagship and help "lock down" the South, good to very good in basketball and baseball, elevate the conference's academic profile, piddling football program irrelevant considering the top half of the SEC)

"Different strokes for different folks"

**B1G will have MIA+LA; SEC will have ATL+DFW+HOU. Top 5 metros for FB talent are not even debateable, amirite @Memnon @gogeta4 ??

Advertisement
B1G: Miami over UVA (Canes bring Florida presence and a **Top 5 recruiting hotbed, bigger brand name, more eyeballs, built-in made-for-TV matchups with ND)

SEC: UVA over Miami (Hoos bring another flagship and help "lock down" the South, good to very good in basketball and baseball, elevate the conference's academic profile, piddling football program irrelevant considering the top half of the SEC)

"Different strokes for different folks"

**B1G will have MIA+LA; SEC will have ATL+DFW+HOU. Top 5 metros for FB talent are not even debateable, amirite @Memnon @gogeta4 ??

What is striking about UVa is how little anyone else in the state actually cares about UVa football. Yes, hoops is mildly amusing when they are winning games, but their style of play is so boring that Virginians are not nearly as passionate about UVa hoops as North Carolinians are about UNC/Duke.

UVa's viewership is terrible. The ticket sales are weak. The merch sales are not strong at all. Talk to anyone in the DC area, or even down by Norfolk/Virginia Beach, and they don't care about UVa sports.

And the SEC can clearly see how stupid it was for the Big 10 to take Rutgers/Maryland off of "TV market potential".

But the SEC has UVa at #2 on its call sheet.

What is striking about UVa is how little anyone else in the state actually cares about UVa football. Yes, hoops is mildly amusing when they are winning games, but their style of play is so boring that Virginians are not nearly as passionate about UVa hoops as North Carolinians are about UNC/Duke.

UVa's viewership is terrible. The ticket sales are weak. The merch sales are not strong at all. Talk to anyone in the DC area, or even down by Norfolk/Virginia Beach, and they don't care about UVa sports.

And the SEC can clearly see how stupid it was for the Big 10 to take Rutgers/Maryland off of "TV market potential".

But the SEC has UVa at #2 on its call sheet.
UVA’s baseball team has been pretty good the last several years - they were in the CWS this year but out in 2 games. Nevertheless, west of Blacksburg is ALL Hokies. Not sure how UVA fairs in the rest of the state but agree they don’t seem to be a blip on the radar.

UVA’s baseball team has been pretty good the last several years - they were in the CWS this year but out in 2 games. Nevertheless, west of Blacksburg is ALL Hokies. Not sure how UVA fairs in the rest of the state but agree they don’t seem to be a blip on the radar.

Look, I can joke...but come on...baseball is NOT moving the needle here, at least from a revenue standpoint. And I love baseball, but the TV contracts are not being driven by baseball.

Advertisement
Look, I can joke...but come on...baseball is NOT moving the needle here, at least from a revenue standpoint. And I love baseball, but the TV contracts are not being driven by baseball.
Agreed. Was just pointing out their success in baseball and could have elaborated more with your point about not moving the needle.

One can easily argue the SEC could expand with FSU, Clemson, Miami and Virginia Tech and control every single brand in College Football worth a **** (past or present) south of the Ohio River.

One can also argue having the dominant presence (i.e. more than one Power Conference school) in good-sized and growing Southern states like North Carolina and Virginia is worth having — even if those football programs for the most part have been mediocre or worse, attendance has been spotty (cough, cough) and TV ratings less than stellar (although any school moving from the ACC to the SEC or B1G will see its viewership numbers rise).

Realignment is about more than just "footballl, football, football" and "what do the TV folks want???" ... Conferences are collectively looking to expand footprint and reach, elevate brands, widen the gap between the haves and have-nots while all the while increasing and reinforcing the value, prestige and attractiveness of the institutions themselves as we move into an era where many are questioning the wisdom of spending well into six figures for a college education.

jmo

And it’s because VA is Robert E. Lee’s home state and they want to reunite the cause? That’s a ridiculous take.

Yeah. And you've got an alternative explanation.

There is no logical non-CSA reason for elevating UVa over every other target other than UNC. It's insanity.

And maybe you haven't dealt with a lot of wealthy 60-year old businessmen in the deep south. But to be so dismissive of their motivations is hilarious.

For over 150 years, the whole "Lost Cause"/"the South will rise again" stuff has been widespread. I can name certain posters on this board who have posted that there will be another civil war soon. To ignore that is just misguided.

Yes, the SEC wants to add UNC and UVa. There are reasons, both spoken and unspoken.

Advertisement
Back