MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

It's one of the most bizarre threads ever. I tried to read some of it, but it reads like a bad harlequin novel, with way too much Wall Street Journal thrown in. Throw in some mental midget wrestling, and you have this thread.
And were only up to 992 pages, can you imagine the Warchant 2400 page thread ?

(Admitelly they do know for sure they are leaving, but I refuse to accept we have a monopoly on the craziness)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Burbank is wonderful too
Burbank is one of the shortest runways in the country. It's length and potential danger resulted in my daughter's leg from Phoenix to Burbank during th wet Christmas of 2022, to be diverted to LAX. They would not offload the luggage and her car was in Burbank. After an hour she flew the Airbus from LAX to Burbank, a distance of about 20 miles as the crow flies.

Burbank is one of the shortest runways in the country. It's length and potential danger resulted in my daughter's leg from Phoenix to Burbank during th wet Christmas of 2022, to be diverted to LAX. They would not offload the luggage and her car was in Burbank. After an hour she flew the Airbus from LAX to Burbank, a distance of about 20 miles as the crow flies.
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's leg.

1. South Carolina
2. Mississippi
3. Florida
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. Louisiana
7. Texas
8. Virginia - which is why they are targeting UVa so highly, though they are not a cultural fit, even as UVa is a state flagship university
9. Arkansas
10. Tennessee
11. North Carolina - which is why they are targeting UNC, though UNC is an excellent candidate for the SEC
12. Missouri - has a star on the flag, but it was a slave-state that did not secede as expected
13. Kentucky - has a star on the flag, but it was a slave-state that did not secede as expected

Maryland and Delaware are the other two slave-states, but they are too far north, though Maryland is south of the Mason-Dixon Line. If the SEC could get Maryland to jump from the Big 10, they would do it. Technically, West Virginia was a slave state too, but chose to break away from Virginia because Virginia seceded. The SEC seriously considered WVU at the time they took Mizzou and aTm.

People can pretend like this Confederacy stuff is a big joke and not true, but the older SEC alums take this (and their flags) very seriously.
If true (then they are crackpots), they are playing the looonnnnnggggg game in order to make it so. When did they decide this was their ultimate strategic goal? 91 years of being a conference. 30+ years of conference expansion and they let Maryland go to the B1G? Just doesn't make sense.

Advertisement
You get so aggravated when people don't just run with everything you say and/or use your own gimmicks against you -- like the dumb "keeping it real" commentary. Every time you add helpful information, I give you the deserved respect and credit for it.

What a pathetic response.

I don't give a **** if you agree with me or disagree with me. And don't lie about "using my own gimmicks against me", that's not what you are doing.

You are, quite literally, negative and toxic on every post. Every one. You couldn't produce a "supportive/optimistic/hopeful" string of posts if someone put a gun to your head. That is YOUR gimmick, which I'm accurately criticizing.

Simply playing the "I know you are but what am I" routine by calling me a "mope" is not "using my own gimmicks against me". It's just silly name-calling. I don't care if you want to call me a name because you're salty that everyone accurately calls you a mope. Knock yourself out.

If you want to read posts, fine. If you want to participate in posts and share accurate information or debate, fine.

BUT YOU DON'T DO THAT.

You just keep sniping and snarking and adding zero-value with your 20,000 substance-free posts. Go spread your misery on the Gator boards.

The person that posted Miami and Clemson were joined at the hip was one of the most respected posters on the board who posted it on July 5, 2022...

But I will let you be your petty receipt chaser on this one -- since that is your bag...

Unlike you, I don't give a **** what someone posted 2 years ago that was not accurate.

The more relevant issue is when jackasses continue to try to mock that "one of the most respected posters on the board" with constant reminders of the phrase, which has been misunderstood from the outset.

Like many others, I knew that Miami and Clemson shared similar ideas on leaving the ACC, but did not think that would equate to using identical methods or ending up in the same conference.

Go back and look at where I'm mocking you. I'm not mocking you for "saying" anything about Miami and Clemson being joined at the hip. I'm not mocking you for being the original source of such a comment. I'm mocking you for incessantly REGURGITATING that over and over and over again during the past 2 years.

I don't care whether you misunderstood it, or it was an unclear statement, or anything. YOU are the one with the problem, you act like someone intentionally lied to you, and then you suffered a serious injury or loss, and now you are dedicating your life to hunting down this person.

Let it go.

If true (then they are crackpots), they are playing the looonnnnnggggg game in order to make it so. When did they decide this was their ultimate strategic goal? 91 years of being a conference. 30+ years of conference expansion and they let Maryland go to the B1G? Just doesn't make sense.

Maryland was quickly and quietly approached by the Big 10, the SEC had no idea they were thinking of leaving the ACC.

The SEC quite literally has UVa ranked as their second highest priority for expansion, behind UNC.

Advertisement
Ladies & Gents, I’ve decided to scroll through many of the pages, & I painstakingly took on the task of reading through majority of the post, & I can honestly tell u, I came up w/ the most logical conclusion I may have ever had in CIS history:

This thread absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, suck donkey balls w/ a side of Gorilla dyck.
Could pin this post and delete the other 993 pages.

What leads you to state this?

If any media person knows what the SEC commissioner is thinking, it's ESPN's top College Football insider.

Here's what Pete Thamel had to say in December 2023:

"I would think the SEC would be happy to sit at 16 for a while because they really like their footprint. There's enough intimacy. They have a region right now. The only thing that disrupts that is if they have to play defense because they don't want the Big Ten to come into their region.

"Is that Florida State? Is that North Carolina, which is coveted. Virginia, which is coveted. I think the ranking — and people at Florida State and Clemson don't like to hear this — but it's North Carolina, Virginia, Clemson and Florida State. Or maybe Florida State (No. 3) instead of Clemson because they bring more eyeballs and TV sets. Those schools are in the crosshairs."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Facts and actuality. It's fairly well-known.

The UNC-NC State situation is complicated. I'm not saying the SEC will actually get UNC/UVa. But those are the top 2 schools on their hierarchy of expansion.
Would you mind pointing out a link or reference to where that came out (not conjecture)?

Not doubting you, I just haven't seen that before and would be interested in reading about it.

If any media person knows what the SEC commissioner is thinking, it's ESPN's top College Football insider.

Here's what Pete Thamel had to say in December 2023::

"I would think the SEC would be happy to sit at 16 for a while because they really like their footprint. There's enough intimacy. They have a region right now. The only thing that disrupts that is if they have to play defense because they don't want the Big Ten to come into their region.

"Is that Florida State? Is that North Carolina, which is coveted. Virginia, which is coveted. I think the ranking — and people at Florida State and Clemson don't like to hear this — but it's North Carolina, Virginia, Clemson and Florida State. Or maybe Florida State (No. 3) instead of Clemson because they bring more eyeballs and TV sets. Those schools are in the crosshairs."
Thx!

Facts and actuality. It's fairly well-known.

The UNC-NC State situation is complicated. I'm not saying the SEC will actually get UNC/UVa. But those are the top 2 schools on their hierarchy of expansion.

The UNC-NC State and UVA-VA Tech situations are essentially the same.

I think Sankey will end up doing the politically expedient thing and take all four of those schools.

Advertisement
Where did her leg end up..🤷‍♂️

I realize you're in denial.

Doesn't make it any less true.

From last season:

I think you’re stretching that theory here man. There are racist idiots in every area of the world. That doesn’t mean there’s some grand plan for SEC schools to collect all the confederate states. It’s a conference made up of southern states, so there’s obviously parallels. There isn’t some powerful racist cabal inside the SEC leadership trying to pay homage to the confederacy though.

Advertisement
Back