MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Colorado..
ACC needs to think outside the box.

Here is an idea. Why not take the PAC 4 and add SDSU and Memphis and rename the conference PACC? Strong hoops conference, decent football conference with national presence. . Why not make the ACC stronger and instead of just thinking TV deal maybe partner up with a corporate partner like Nike or Adidas and possibly diversify your revenue streams while enhancing brand recognition. I’d watch games on The Nike Channel or The Adidas Network or The Jordan if it benefits Miami and the conference.
Unless FSU or Clemson decide to challenge the exit fees in court or there is a major revolt (I highly doubt it) then the ACC needs to stop being reactive and start being innovative and proactive.
because the "ACC" can't "add" anybody without the school presidents approving it...

My check must be in the mail huh

Nothing earth shattering, but confirmed several items

AAU is meaningful to big ten and university presidents

UNC has the biggest influence on ACC conference

Gators **** blocked fsu to SEC back in the day

ACC screwed itself by crafting the GOR to prevent teams from leaving and had absolutely zero forethought to getting the best tv deal it could

ACC almost added UConn back in the day

Don't forget...

One of the leakiest leakers on the planet is Bubba ****ingham...

Pete Thamel is the one writer at ESPN.com who's tapped in with the behind the scenes dealings in conference realignment.

Guessing he probably talks to the higher ups at ESPN and, if need be, carries their water and delivers the appropriate messaging via his articles.

Thamel keeps things pretty close to the vest, but he's made it pretty clear that he believes some ACC schools are gonna eventually break loose (edit: or die trying)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Andrea Adelson is the Boston College or Wake Forest of ESPN. Getting a check every month but sitting in her cubicle drinking her Diet Coke when the big meetings are held.

Might be wiser to listen to Kirk Herbstreit back in June: "I feel like the Big Ten and the SEC, who are the big pillars in this whole thing ... I don't know when it's gonna happen, but they're not staying at 16. They're going to go to at least 20. Who's going where? Where's North Carolina going? Where's Oregon going? Where's Washington going? Where's Clemson gonna end up? Where's Florida State gonna go? Where's Miami (going)?"

This **** is going down no matter how much some people say it ain't
I know some people aren't twitter savvy, but she is specifically calling out ND for suggesting the ACC should take on Stanford and Cal essentially as charity. I get that you may not like her in general, but it is not her making that idiotic suggestion.

It was mentioned in this thread, maybe a couple hours ago (can't locate the post, sorry).

Maybe it was the Clemson writer for Rivals?
It was mentioned by someone with 15 posts who did not answer me when I asked the source.

I think Miami is one of the NO to the expansion until proven otherwise (with trustworthy source).

Advertisement
I know some people aren't twitter savvy, but she is specifically calling out ND for suggesting the ACC should take on Stanford and Cal essentially as charity. I get that you may not like her in general, but it is not her making that idiotic suggestion.

That's my bad, bro.

I didn't see the tweet you referenced at all.

I was referring to Adelson as an "ACC defender at all costs" who seems to believe (or at least regurgitate) everything Jim Phillips or some athletic director tells her

Again, my fault

Advertisement
I hate myself for how many times I've clicked on this thread.
I hate myself for how many times I've posted on this thread...

Hugs GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back