MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Or call Big 12 one last time
1) Don't underestimate the desire of school presidents to prefer to associate with other academic institutions.
2) ESPN has lost direct access to all major west coast programs, Stanford and Cal are it. They will also be able to get the rest of the ACC big hitters on that late timeslot. And it'll be a boost for the ACC network to get into Cali. I can't seen ESPN not making it worth the ACC's while to pick these 2 schools up.
3) The ACC distributed I think it was 42M last year to its members institutions. They're right behind the BigXII on media rights, so the ACC will be eager to eclipse that to be the undisputed #3 conference. ESPN likewise is going to be desperate to keep FOX and the B1G at bay, so anything they can do to justify giving the ACC more money they're going to push for I imagine.

I must be missing something re: the Bigly 12. What card do they hold?

1691435981010.png

Advertisement
If B1G doesn't want Cal & Stanford at partial shares then let the Big 12 have them not the ******* ACC

How many votes for admission needed?

1) Don't underestimate the desire of school presidents to prefer to associate with other academic institutions.
2) ESPN has lost direct access to all major west coast programs, Stanford and Cal are it. They will also be able to get the rest of the ACC big hitters on that late timeslot. And it'll be a boost for the ACC network to get into Cali. I can't seen ESPN not making it worth the ACC's while to pick these 2 schools up.
3) The ACC distributed I think it was 42M last year to its members institutions. They're right behind the BigXII on media rights, so the ACC will be eager to eclipse that to be the undisputed #3 conference. ESPN likewise is going to be desperate to keep FOX and the B1G at bay, so anything they can do to justify giving the ACC more money they're going to push for I imagine.
sounds like a deseration move that is not going to do anything to move the needle in the direction of keeping the ACC together.

Very true about Big 12 and academics

I still think ACC should say 🖕

Advertisement
One trend that began in the early 2000s and continues today is the migration of south florida black populations moving to Atlanta. Something to consider.

I see it nearly every day. Went to a restaurant near Piedmont Park yesterday, was wearing my new UM Boosts. A guy noticed and said that Miami was his hometown. This has happened to me repeatedly.

You have stated this twice now, where in the **** are you getting this $420 mil figure?
$120M exit fee
$300M estimated value of remaining grant of rights

These amounts are listed in virtually every single article about cost to exit ACC

Advertisement
Here's my best case scenario:

ACC ESPN ponies up big $$$ to keep everyone happy.

Adding Stanford & Cal is a no brainer. Great academics and a classic rivalry. ACC gets west coast exposure.

Add SMU & Memphis & to get into Tennessee & Texas & call it a day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
when the "hill you're dying on" is the high ground lol

Stop bull****ting everyone. You were talking up Washington-Oregon as full-value takes, and they had to ***** themselves out at half-price.

You had NO IDEA that swerve was coming. You were acting like Washington-Oregon were better than most all of the ACC schools, when the reality is that they were worth far LESS than all the ACC schools likely to get an invitation.

Here's my best case scenario:

ACC ponies up big $$$ to keep everyone happy.

Adding Stanford & Cal is a no brainer. Great academics and a classic rivalry. ACC gets west coast exposure.

Add SMU & Memphis & to get into Tennessee & Texas & call it a day.
You forgot one thing: they don’t care about football.

Advertisement
Back