MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Yeah; I knew there was an agenda involved. I just wanted u to say it out loud.

Do u know why the SEC constantly get the best players? B/c top kids want to play in the best conference. What disturbs me about this fan base is this new inferiority complex we’ve developed.

Who’s a threat to us in the region? Bama? Old Urine? I thought Brian Kelly was a corch? Auburn?

Grow a fcking pair, blood. We would be in the premier region meaning our recruiting prowess would exponentially increase. Our brand exposure is 3 fold.

U’re also forgetting, I dunno, something called revenue sharing which would help stave off roster imbalances, bringing much more parity. To assume Clemson would have an easy path is naive at best being that Clemson have, themselves, struggled over the past couple of yrs with Dabo not adapting to the modern game.

In our heyday this was our schedule:

#1 FSU
#15 UofM
#4 ND
#11 LSU
#8 Arkansas
#6 Nebraska

On a 11 game schedule. I feel very confident that Miami in this region, with an even playing field, with exposure, and recruiting opportunities will be just fine in this setting. In fact, I don’t see any region as an automatic for any team.
You know you shut a mfer up when you don't see a reply in a few pages.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Advertisement
Title IX, regardless of party in WH (Congress is key actually), will be a major obstacle to CFB "reformation" w/o significant financial give aways to Women's Ribbon Dancing teams.

Title IX, w/ certain party in control of House and Senate over the long-term, will ultimately lead to significant impacts to college revenue producing sports in many ways the majority on this board will not like at all.

This is not a porst to inject molten lava politics into this thread as CIS has a forum for that. With that said, college revenue producing sports (i.e. fútból y biesketból meng) NIL transformation/reformation/evolution, in my opinion, simply can't be divorced from the reality of Title IX. You think Athletes vs NCAA lawsuits were big and bad, wait until these same law firms bring about Scorned Ladies Who Want To Get Paid vs Conference Presidents and Superleagues.

**** hath no fury right?

Book it.
The revenue producing sports have been dealing with the repercussions of Title IX since before my days in college 30 years ago. The only way they can break from it is to privatize and become for-profit entities apart from the universities.

Until then, they can't complain about Title IX protections when they're suckling off the government's teat in every other possible way and with tax advantages. It's the price of doing business.

If and when state flagship universities don't make the P2 or whatever break out is coming, party affiliation will not matter, those senators and reps will be crying foul to get their beloved State U back on the national stage.

The revenue producing sports have been dealing with the repercussions of Title IX since before my days in college 30 years ago. The only way they can break from it is to privatize and become for-profit entities apart from the universities.

Until then, they can't complain about Title IX protections when they're suckling off the government's teat in every other possible way and with tax advantages. It's the price of doing business.

If and when state flagship universities don't make the P2 or whatever break out is coming, party affiliation will not matter, those senators and reps will be crying foul to get their beloved State U back on the national stage.
You make a great point about privatizing and breaking away from the Universities...

But that means, I suppose, no more Miami Hurricanes, Georgia Bulldogs, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, etc...

That's XFL.

No way Title IX folks let NIL/TV contract pies just walk away...

What's strange is your infatuation with ellipses.

Again - no one's upset. Calling Jimbo stupid for saying something stupid is no evidence of any inferiority complex. And, I only brought up Duke (not because I'm mad or scared) because I was purposefully going for a low blow, and I know that a shot at your boytoy is the best way to get you squirming.
Again, Miami is 6-0. You seem driven by coaches vs Miami's success. Jimbo. Manny. Mario.

Just keep winning ... ... ... ... Miami wins are good.

And to get us back on track in this thread, even though we have been insider locked in to the SEC, B1G and XII at least a few times a piece in this thread, it is probably good to keep winning to ensure a successful conference future for MIAMI, not your fighting MarioJimboDiaz's

Advertisement
Again, Miami is 6-0. You seem driven by coaches vs Miami's success. Jimbo. Manny. Mario.

And to get us back on track in this thread, even though we have been insider locked in to the SEC, B1G and XII at least a few times a piece in this thread, it is probably good to keep winning to ensure a successful conference future for MIAMI, not your fighting MarioJimboDiaz's
Why the Sunbelt disrespect?

#DoesMarioFearTrentDilfer?

Advertisement
Siap can't keep track

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." B1G and SEC both think they are the top of the food chain and are trying to make sure they end up with more money and control than any other conference. I hope it blows up in their faces. If god has a sense of humor, it would be hilarious if two ACC teams (Miami against either SMU/Clemson) ended up playing each other in the natty.

1728665429500.jpeg

Does anyone have any info on I guess, "The Athletic" reporting ESPN actually has 2 different TV contracts with the ACC? The 1st being the base ACC contract that runs through 27, with the opt in by Feb. The 2nd contract being the ACC network that runs through 36, also holding GOR's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." B1G and SEC both think they are the top of the food chain and are trying to make sure they end up with more money and control than any other conference. I hope it blows up in their faces. If god has a sense of humor, it would be hilarious if two ACC teams (Miami against either SMU/Clemson) ended up playing each other in the natty.
They better be very careful.. yes they're on top of the CFB world but those two conferences don't have enough fans alone to sustain the current spending of the networks. If they alienate everybody that isn't a fan of their schools and force different league tiers they'll end up losing a lot of eyeballs that aren't fans of their programs. How many of the 11mil people watching Oregon/OSU would still watch it if it was a completely different league than the league their team was in?

Advertisement
Back