MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
We all have opinions, so speak on it. This board is meant for discussions.

In this scenario here are two schedules based on how these regions have been populated:

Miami
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
FSU
Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St
Georgia Tech
Auburn

Clemson
UCF
USF
South Carolina
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
Appalachian State
Tulane

I'm not sure why I need to explain why this is terrible.

Seems pretty self explanatory 🤷‍♂️
In this scenario here are two schedules based on how these regions have been populated:

Miami
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
FSU
Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St
Georgia Tech
Auburn

Clemson
UCF
USF
South Carolina
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
Appalachian State
Tulane

Miami
Alabama
Georgia
LSU
FSU
Florida
Ole Miss
Miss St
Georgia Tech
Auburn

Clemson
UCF
USF
South Carolina
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
Appalachian State
Tulane

Again, why is this terrible? These r regions, and we wanted Miami, initially, to be in the SEC. So break it down as to why this is terrible? Matter of fact, if u can’t articulate it, then don’t speak on it.

Again, why is this terrible? These r regions, and we wanted Miami, initially, to be in the SEC. So break it down as to why this is terrible? Matter of fact, if u can’t articulate it, then don’t speak on it.
Miami has to play murderer's row as would all these teams in this grouping. Meanwhile Clemson gets a free pass every year against a bunch of garbage. Not one of the teams in that group are signing off on it if Clemson is going to get the same credit for running their schedule. Nor would other more competitive pods/groups

Advertisement

So, just to be clear, you'd want us to be in a region we have a very little chance of ever winning it and you'd be OK with Clemson, USC, Oregon, Penn State, and Tennessee, etc. basically sleep walking into the playoff every year?

Penn State's hardest game would be Boston College or Pitt
Tennessee's hardest game would be Kentucky or Va Tech
Clemson's hardest game would be North Carolina or UCF
Nebraska's hardest game would be Wisconsin or Missouri
Oregon's hardest game would be Washington or Boise State
USC's hardest game would be Cal or UCLA

And the winner of a division gets an autobid which means they don't even have to win those games to get into the playoff. In that Atlantic division, Clemson could probably go 8-2 and still make the playoff every single year.

You basically made 6 ACC Coastal divisions, remade the BIG10 in one, remade the old BIG12 in another, and made an SEC division with only the good SEC teams. And then gave them all one autobid each and put Miami in the hardest one.

People say Florida has the hardest schedule they've ever seen this year.

Florida 2024 Schedule
Miami - Same
Samford
Texas A&M - Swap with Auburn
Miss St - Same
UCF - Swap with GT
Tennessee
Kentucky
Georgia - Same
Texas - Swap with Bama
LSU - Same
Ole Miss - Same
FSU - Same

So they have to replace Samford, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Everything else is the same or worse. And they play that schedule EVERY YEAR.

So, just to be clear, you'd want us to be in a region we have a very little chance of ever winning it and you'd be OK with Clemson, USC, Oregon, Penn State, and Tennessee, etc. basically sleep walking into the playoff every year?

And the winner of a division gets an autobid which means they don't even have to win those games to get into the playoff. In that Atlantic division, Clemson could probably go 8-2 and still make the playoff every single year.

You basically made 6 ACC Coastal divisions, remade the BIG10 in one, remade the old BIG12 in another, and made an SEC division with only the good SEC teams. And then gave them all one autobid each and put Miami in the hardest one.

Florida 2024 Schedule
Miami - Same
Samford
Miss St - Same
UCF - Swap with GT
Tennessee
Kentucky
Georgia - Same
Texas - Swap with Bama
LSU - Same
Ole Miss - Same
FSU - Same

So they have to replace Samford, Tennessee, and Kentucky. Everything else is the same or worse. And they play that schedule EVERY YEAR.
Think the number you are looking for is 911.

Florida 2024 Schedule
Miami - Same
Samford
Miss St - Same
UCF - Swap with GT
Tennessee
Kentucky
Georgia - Same
Texas - Swap with Bama
LSU - Same
Ole Miss - Same
FSU - Same

Yeah; I knew there was an agenda involved. I just wanted u to say it out loud.

Do u know why the SEC constantly get the best players? B/c top kids want to play in the best conference. What disturbs me about this fan base is this new inferiority complex we’ve developed.

Who’s a threat to us in the region? Bama? Old Urine? I thought Brian Kelly was a corch? Auburn?

Grow a fcking pair, blood. We would be in the premier region meaning our recruiting prowess would exponentially increase. Our brand exposure is 3 fold.

U’re also forgetting, I dunno, something called revenue sharing which would help stave off roster imbalances, bringing much more parity. To assume Clemson would have an easy path is naive at best being that Clemson have, themselves, struggled over the past couple of yrs with Dabo not adapting to the modern game.

In our heyday this was our schedule:

#1 FSU
#15 UofM
#4 ND
#11 LSU
#8 Arkansas
#6 Nebraska

On a 11 game schedule. I feel very confident that Miami in this region, with an even playing field, with exposure, and recruiting opportunities will be just fine in this setting. In fact, I don’t see any region as an automatic for any team.

Miami has to play murderer's row as would all these teams in this grouping. Meanwhile Clemson gets a free pass every year against a bunch of garbage. Not one of the teams in that group are signing off on it if Clemson is going to get the same credit for running their schedule. Nor would other more competitive pods/groups

We all have opinions; and that was mine. There’s a reason why I put the entire post to give credence & context as to why this would work, but ur disagreement is noted.

I’m sure FSU fans wouldn’t want this either, while UF fans r like this is just fine b/c this who we play. Perspective & perception is a mutha.

Advertisement
Yeah; I knew there was an agenda involved. I just wanted u to say it out loud.

Do u know why the SEC constantly get the best players? B/c top kids want to play in the best conference. What disturbs me about this fan base is this new inferiority complex we’ve developed.

Who’s a threat to us in the region? Bama? Old Urine? I thought Brian Kelly was a corch? Auburn?

Grow a fcking pair, blood. We would be in the premier region meaning our recruiting prowess would exponentially increase. Our brand exposure is 3 fold.

U’re also forgetting, I dunno, something called revenue sharing which would help stave off roster imbalances, bringing much more parity. To assume Clemson would have an easy path is naive at best being that Clemson have, themselves, struggled over the past couple of yrs with Dabo not adapting to the modern game.

In our heyday this was our schedule:

#1 FSU
#15 UofM
#4 ND
#11 LSU
#8 Arkansas
#6 Nebraska

On a 11 game schedule. I feel very confident that Miami in this region, with an even playing field, with exposure, and recruiting opportunities will be just fine in this setting. In fact, I don’t see any region as an automatic for any team.
Look at the board and the number of threads crying about: Cal, officiating, Cal experience, Cal fans, Jimbo fisher and cal and officiating, Klatt and Clemson, ESPN, etc, etc....

******* mopes seeing the boogeyman everywhere...

Look at the board and the number of threads crying about: Cal, officiating, Cal experience, Cal fans, Jimbo fisher and cal and officiating, Klatt and Clemson, ESPN, etc, etc....

******* mopes seeing the boogeyman everywhere...
lol. That's the issue. Miami fans "crying" about the last Miami game.

Keep biding your time, friend. The Duke game is less than a month away - your boy will get a chance to prove it on the field.

lol. That's the issue. Miami fans "crying" about the last Miami game.

Keep biding your time, friend. The Duke game is less than a month away - your boy will get a chance to prove it on the field.

You are pre-whining about Manny Diaz a month in advance? Inferiority complex indeed.

We’re 6-0 and you are worried about the coach from 3-4 years ago…

Advertisement
You are pre-whining about Manny Diaz a month in advance? Inferiority complex indeed.

We’re 6-0 and you are worried about the coach from 3-4 years ago…
HAHAHAHA. Who's whining/worried about Duke?

I get it. You and your brigade haven't been given much fodder as of yet this season - so you're reduced to calling out fans for crying and making fun of an inferiority complex. Just shut up and keep swallowing those Mario Ws.

Advertisement

I get it. You and your brigade haven't been given much fodder as of yet this season - so you're reduced to calling out fans for crying and making fun of an inferiority complex. Just shut up and keep swallowing those Mario Ws.
They are Miami wins and they taste lovely. As they were Miami losses and were disgustingly upsetting.

They are Miami wins and they taste lovely. As they were Miami losses and were disgustingly upsetting.
shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

For the upset Ibis and his buddies, it's Mario wins. And they're just gonna have to suffer through all of 'em.

Miami is 6-0.... and you are very upset, bringing up Duke and arguing that Miami fans should be upset with 6 wins and 0 losses coming off of 12-13 the last 2 seasons...

This is very strange... Do you have the Bye Week Blues?

Get this.... if we keep winning, Miami fans will keep smiling... if we lose, Miami fans will be upset and likely discuss why we lost...

Miami is 6-0.... and you are very upset, bringing up Duke and arguing that Miami fans should be upset with 6 wins and 0 losses coming off of 12-13 the last 2 seasons...

This is very strange... Do you have the Bye Week Blues?

Get this.... if we keep winning, Miami fans will keep smiling... if we lose, Miami fans will be upset and likely discuss why we lost...
What's strange is your infatuation with ellipses.

Again - no one's upset. Calling Jimbo stupid for saying something stupid is no evidence of any inferiority complex. And, I only brought up Duke (not because I'm mad or scared) because I was purposefully going for a low blow, and I know that a shot at your boytoy is the best way to get you squirming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back