MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

What's strange is your infatuation with ellipses.

Respectfully; what’s strange is u using a mega thread to attempt to call out a guy who I know for a fact has been loyal to the soil. Dude has been suffering at Canes’ games in person for yrs (Better man, than me). What’s also strange is calling Miami wins, Mario wins.

There’s not a single fan on planet earth that should ever accept mediocrity. This is a result oriented business, which is y these guys are making generational wealth as coaches. If any fan had a problem starting 12-13, they had every right to, even if Bill Belichick or Bear Bryant was the HC.

What’s concerning r several things:

1. The neutering of the fan base, accepting mediocrity.

2. An inferiority complex that’s seeped in

3. Choosing coaches over the overall health of the program

4. Personal agendas overriding logic

This is not a mope vs. slurp thing vs. the state of this fan base. This is not a “I told u so” moment. We’re fortunate to be 6-0, and everyone here, except the OPPs we allow to roam free & post, want Miami back on top, & **** YEAH frustrations, concerns have been valid w/ every **** coach who’ve we hired.

Contrary to popular belief, but we need Mario to be extremely successful here not only for the immediate gratification, but the long term health of this program. So let’s ALL enjoy this 6-0 start, & not use this as a mechanism to try to flex. A lot of football left, & u don’t get to pour champagne starting well. We’re all in this together.

Advertisement
Respectfully; what’s strange is u using a mega thread to attempt to call out a guy who I know for a fact has been loyal to the soil. Dude has been suffering at Canes’ games in person for yrs (Better man, than me). What’s also strange is calling Miami wins, Mario wins.

There’s not a single fan on planet earth that should ever accept mediocrity. This is a result oriented business, which is y these guys are making generational wealth as coaches. If any fan had a problem starting 12-13, they had every right to, even if Bill Belichick or Bear Bryant was the HC.

This is not a mope vs. slurp thing vs. the state of this fan base. This is not a “I told u so” moment. We’re fortunate to be 6-0, and everyone here, except the OPPs we allow to roam free & post, want Miami back on top, & **** YEAH frustrations, concerns have been valid w/ every **** coach who’ve we hired.

Contrary to popular belief, but we need Mario to be extremely successful here not only for the immediate gratification, but the long term health of this program. So let’s ALL enjoy this 6-0 start, & not use this as a mechanism to try to flex. A lot of football left, & u don’t get to pour champagne starting well. We’re all in this together.
celebrate jerry jerry jerry GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

1728595832012.gif

You done wasted too much time on my silliness.

The History and Significance of the Ellipsis​

The ellipsis, a series of three dots (…), has a storied history in punctuation, serving as a bridge between written language and the nuances of spoken communication. Its origins can be traced back to ancient Greek manuscripts, where it was used to indicate omissions in text, a practice that allowed scholars to present excerpts without altering their original meaning. Over the centuries, the ellipsis has evolved, finding its place not only in scholarly work but also in literature and everyday communication.

The History of the Ellipsis​

The word "ellipsis" is derived from the Greek word "elleipsis," meaning "to leave out." In early texts, the ellipsis was often represented by a series of dots or dashes that signified omitted words or phrases. By the 16th century, this form began to formalize into the three-dot system we recognize today. The ellipsis became a valuable tool in literature, allowing authors to convey pauses, incomplete thoughts, or to create suspense. Its versatility is evident in the works of writers such as James Joyce and Virginia Woolf, who used it to capture the complexities of consciousness and the fragmented nature of human thought.

Arguments for the Use of Ellipsis​

Advocates for the ellipsis argue that it enhances both clarity and expressiveness in writing. By indicating pauses or omissions, it allows readers to interpret the intended tone and meaning more deeply. For instance, in dialogue, an ellipsis can convey hesitation, uncertainty, or even a dramatic pause, thereby enriching the character's voice. Author Susan Sontag eloquently stated, "The ellipsis is not a sign of hesitation, but a means of expressing the unsaid," suggesting that it provides insight into a character's inner thoughts and emotions.

Additionally, the ellipsis can create intrigue, prompting readers to fill in the gaps with their imagination. This can lead to a more engaging reading experience, as the audience is invited to participate actively in the narrative. The ellipsis also reflects the complexity of human communication, echoing the natural rhythms of speech where thoughts often trail off or become interrupted.

Arguments Against the Use of Ellipsis​

Despite its advantages, the ellipsis is not without its detractors. Critics argue that its overuse can lead to ambiguity and confusion, blurring the lines between intention and interpretation. Some assert that it can come off as pretentious or overly dramatic, detracting from the clarity of the writing. The poet T.S. Eliot warned against such excess, stating, "The use of ellipses can be a slippery slope; it can obscure meaning rather than illuminate it."

Moreover, in academic and formal writing, excessive reliance on ellipses may undermine the precision that is often required. When conveying complex ideas, clarity is paramount; thus, the ellipsis could be seen as a crutch for writers who fail to articulate their thoughts effectively.

Conclusion: The Ellipsis as a Praiseworthy Punctuation Mark​

In conclusion, while the ellipsis has its critics, it remains a powerful and valuable tool in the writer's ****nal. Its ability to convey nuance, evoke emotion, and encourage reader engagement cannot be understated. As writer Kurt Vonnegut once remarked, "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be," reflecting the notion that the ellipsis, when used judiciously, can enhance our understanding of the characters and narratives that shape our literary experience.

Ultimately, the ellipsis serves as a reminder of the unsaid, the pauses that punctuate our thoughts, and the complexity of communication. Far from being a mere mark of omission, it is a dynamic punctuation mark that adds depth and texture to language, making it a praiseworthy form of punctuation worthy of celebration.

View attachment 306824
You done wasted too much time on my silliness.

Love u, my bro. Let’s ride this **** out.

It’s time to get back on our bully ****. Let’s let bygones be bygones. We have a really good shot at being back to relevance. Hopefully we’ll use this bye week to clean up some ****, break some trends of our ghostly past, & make some noise in the CFP.

Advertisement
Love u, my bro. Let’s ride this **** out.

It’s time to get back on our bully ****. Let’s let bygones be bygones. We have a really good shot at being back to relevance. Hopefully we’ll use this bye week to clean up some ****, break some trends of our ghostly past, & make some noise in the CFP.
💯

We all need logic based realism to keep us sane - and if/when thinking clearly (rarely), I’m right there with you. I really do appreciate everything you (steamed Sebastian can **** right off) bring to the board.

That said, the shayshay gif should’ve given away that the “Mario wins” quip was more tongue in cheek than a ******* orgy. So, just know, that I’m usually just killing time on here, and am in no way going to ever be as logically/factually sound on any of my arguments as you.

💯

We all need logic based realism to keep us sane - and if/when thinking clearly (rarely), I’m right there with you. I really do appreciate everything you (steamed Sebastian can **** right off) bring to the board.

That said, the shayshay gif should’ve given away that the “Mario wins” quip was more tongue in cheek than a ******* orgy. So, just know, that I’m usually just killing time on here, and am in no way going to ever be as logically/factually sound on any of my arguments as you.

⚠️: Long Post @Tony4Canes

I’ve read the proposal put forth in great details, & while I like the framework I saw some flaws that eliminate rivalries, & diminishes the value of the regular season. I have my thoughts on this, & I’m sure there would be flaws in my proposal, as well.

Here would be my proposals:

1. Break CFB away from the NCAA as its Governing Body. B/c there’s so much revenue involved, including TV contracts tied to the NCAA, their involvement within college athletics cannot be fully eliminated. With that said, the NCAA’s sole purpose within the confines of CFB would be strictly to monitor academic eligibility, only. They would still be the Governing Body of FCS, Div. II, & DIII.

2. Appoint A Commissioner overseeing all CFB matters, including: Transfer Portal Regulations, Shared Revenue, NIL, Scheduling, etc that will work with the CFP & a Student Body (more on this)

3. Universities will remain w/in their respective conferences, but regarding CFB, they will be separated into regions. All revenues will go towards the conference payout.

4. Propose a $20m shared revenue for the student athletes, & remove “pay for play” regarding NIL. Scholarship Athletes (85), would have $18.75m to be divided, & $1.25m to be divided among the 30 walk-ons. NIL is unlimited, but cannot be used as tampering within college athletics proposed by Collectives. All NIL contracts proposed by said entities should have an impartial board to review, as to protect the student athletes from potential predatory language w/in their collegiate and potential future professional careers.

5. For draft eligible players who receive a draft grade of 2nd round or higher, provide insurance to protect them in the event an injury jeopardizes their draft stock (call this the Willis McGahee/Jaylon Smith rule)

6. FBS-I should be at 90, instead of 134 (soon to be 135).

-I would have 9 Conferences w/in the 90 FBS-I, including some G5 teams that have proven to be competitive within the landscape of CFB. (There are currently 10 conferences, now)

My conferences would be:

FBS-I (90):

West: (Stanford, Cal, Fresno St., SDSU, UCLA, USC, SJSU, Arizona, Arizona St., UNLV)

Northwest: (UO, OrSt, UW, WSU, Boise St., Utah St., Air Force, Colorado, BYU, Utah)

Southwest: (A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, OKSt, Marshall, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston, SMU)

Midwest: (Iowa, Iowa St, KU, KSU, Missouri, Neb., Northwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota)

Mideast: (UofM, O$U, Cincy, Toledo, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Mich St, CMU, Eastern MI.)

Southeast: (Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St. UGA, GT, Auburn, FSU, UF, Miami)

East: (UK, WKY, UL, UTenn, Vandy, Memphis, Arkansas, UVA, VT, Liberty)

Atlantic: (UCF, USF, USCe, Clemson, Duke, UNC, NCSt., WF, App St., Tulane)

Northeast: (WVA, JMU, Pitt, PSU, Syracuse, BC, Navy, Army, Rutgers, Maryland)

FBS-II (45)

North: (Akron, Bowling Green, Kent St. Miami (OH), Ohio, Ball St., Northern IL, Western Michigan, ODU, Buffalo)

West: (Hawaii, Nevada, Col. St., New Mexico, New Mexico St., Wyoming, UTEP, Tulsa, UTSA, TX State, Sam Houston, North TX)

South: (Southern Miss., Louisiana, LA Tech, UL Monroe, GA St, GA Southern, FIU, So. Alabama, Rice, Troy, UAB, Kennesaw St)

East: (UConn, Delaware, UMASS, Temple, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, ECU, Ark St., Middle TN., FAU, Jax. St.)

7. Play an 11 game schedule:
•1 FCS, 1 OOR (Out of Region), 9 regional game schedule
•Winner of each region is determined by regional record (no more championship games).
•Winner of each region gets an automatic bid, and seeding is determined by CFP polls.
•Regarding the Group Division, play a 10 game schedule. Top 4 from each region play in a Final 4 grouping. Winner of Final 4 grouping automatically gets a bid in the CFP.
•6 At Large Bids determined by CFP committee

8. CFP increase to 16 teams (Begin 3rd week in December)
•Round 1 is home field for top 8 teams (Incorporate & rotate Tier 1 Bowls; eliminate site venues only when used in CFP format)
•Round 2 Neutral Site Games. (NY6 Bowls rotated)
•Round 3 Neutral Site Games. (NY6 Bowls rotated)
•National Championship Game (2 weeks after Round 3)

9. End of the year, non-CFP bowl games (exception of NY6) will still have Conference Tie-ins for qualifying teams (6 wins or more). Allow for NIL opportunities for student athletes who participate in bowls (i.e signing events, speaking engagements, commercializing for sponsors, etc.)

10. Transfer Portal:
•Windows:
-Winter (After Season-including bowl games, before Spring Semester begins)
-Spring (After Spring Semester)
-Summer (Before Fall Semester begins)

•Can transfer w/o penalty one time for any reason, including playing time, coach fired, family, graduate, etc.

•Upon 2nd transfer, it must be due to a coach being fired, a graduate, immediate family illness or the penalty is sitting out first 2 games to begin the season, “unless” player transfers to a lower division program.

•3+ transfers, it must meet the same criteria of the 2nd transfer, or the penalty is sitting out the first 4 games to begin the season, “unless” player transfers to a lower division program.

11. Redshirt is designated for injuries sustained either in practice before the season, during the season if it happens before game 7 of the season, or player has played in 4 games or less in a season.

12. Create a Student Athlete Body Union comprised of former CFB athletes to engage w/ the newly formed Governing Body/Commissioner to make sure all rights of CFB players are met with fairness, along w/ keeping up with current market.

13. TV slots:
-I would have all FBS-II games air Tuesday-Thursday (except the Final 4 games which would be on Saturdays), & all FBS-I games air Thursday-Saturday (including Rd 1 of CFP)

Is this perfect? Probably not, but I think this accomplishes several things:

1. It’ll present a more balanced approach including recruiting

2. Endorsers like Adidas, Nike, UA will gain more exposure as their lesser known schools will now be advertised, generating more revenue for both these brands, and Universities.

3. It will keep in tact long standing rivalries, while renewing old ones, driving more fan interest

4. Smaller schools like JMU, Toledo, Liberty, as examples, who have been competitive (at times beating) P4 schools will now have more exposure to recruits, as they will be included. This will also allow highly ranked 3*, lower ranked 4* players have more options, fielding more playing time benefits.

5. Allowing the Group of 45 to battle for a spot will also keep fan interest for these schools, meaning more revenue opportunities/exposure

6. Allowing bowls to remain in tact will still satisfy sponsorship commitments, and by rotating Tier 1 bowls into CFP, it brings a different value for teams who miss out on the CFP-16.

7. Helps mitigate a portal issue. One of the dark sides about the portal is the vast amount of student athletes who don’t make it out, killing their football dreams. It’s an absurd amount, actually. This way, caution can be exercised by placing light guard rails before one makes a potentially life altering decision.

8. The insurance will protect student athletes on potentially losing out on millions due to injuries, and it can help curve the opt outs in bowl games, making them a bit more meaningful = more revenue.

9. Including smaller schools like JMU, CMU is no different than the SEC having teams like Vandy, the ACC having teams like WF, the B1G having teams like Purdue, etc. In a lot of instances, these schools r actually better due to solid coaching, and with more exposure, it will allow them to potentially recruit at a better rate.

10. The regular season will remain meaningful

Of course there could be other details included, but imho, something along these lines will satisfy the fan bases, networks, give smaller, competitive schools a nice opportunity to grow, and student athletes will remain student athletes w/ better protection restoring better competition.

Jmo.
Just now seeing this post since I lost power during Helene. I agree with most of what you've got here.

I do have to point some things out regarding the part about revenue sharing though.

4. Propose a $20m shared revenue for the student athletes, & remove “pay for play” regarding NIL. Scholarship Athletes (85), would have $18.75m to be divided, & $1.25m to be divided among the 30 walk-ons.

While it makes perfect sense on its face, it creates a few issues.

Title IX.

Back in July, the DOE said Title IX would apply to revenue sharing.

This a huge problem. In all likelihood, we'd see schools strip their athletic departments down to football, men's and women's basketball and the bare minimum number of women's sports needed to stay Title IX compliant.

And this assumes that revenue sharing models that pay football players the bulk of the money can survive court challenges.

This is where I'd be terrified about private equity getting involved, because getting rid of all unprofitable sports is exactly what would happen.

Unionization.

If they reach the point where revenue sharing exists, players are going to have to be able to negotiate. There's no way around it.

I'm not arguing for or against unionization. I'm just pointing out that it would create a snowball effect as it relates to paying players. It would cost schools a LOT more vs the current scholarship model. Players would face issues too. Scholarships are tax deductable. Revenue sharing is not.

Its also going to put a lot of focus on the gender pay gap. Men's basketball is more profitable than women's. But.. can they pay men more than women without it causing a political **** storm? Women would make up close to half of the players union. Would they vote to allow men's teams to make more than them?

There's one final problem.

Let's say they get passed all that, with female athletes and men on non revenue generating teams agreeing that football players should get the biggest share of revenue.

Do all football players get paid the same amount? Because if they don't, it'll quickly turn into a cap situation resembling the NFL's. Where a small number of players will eat up the entire cap.

At that point, all of the bargaining and negotiating would end with a small handful of players getting the bulk of the money. Are all these players going to go to all that trouble just for it to end that way?

I'm not arguing for or against revenue sharing or unionization. I only mean to point out how bad the NCAA screwed college athletes by dragging its feet. They've put the players and the schools in terrible, no win positions.

We're all doomed.

What's strange is your infatuation with ellipses.

Again - no one's upset. Calling Jimbo stupid for saying something stupid is no evidence of any inferiority complex. And, I only brought up Duke (not because I'm mad or scared) because I was purposefully going for a low blow, and I know that a shot at your boytoy is the best way to get you squirming.
They...

are...

dramatic...

and...

intoxicating...

don't you think?

Advertisement

Olivier Awards Crying GIF by Official London Theatre

Just now seeing this post since I lost power during Helene. I agree with most of what you've got here.

I do have to point some things out regarding the part about revenue sharing though.

4. Propose a $20m shared revenue for the student athletes, & remove “pay for play” regarding NIL. Scholarship Athletes (85), would have $18.75m to be divided, & $1.25m to be divided among the 30 walk-ons.

While it makes perfect sense on its face, it creates a few issues.

Title IX.

Back in July, the DOE said Title IX would apply to revenue sharing.

This a huge problem. In all likelihood, we'd see schools strip their athletic departments down to football, men's and women's basketball and the bare minimum number of women's sports needed to stay Title IX compliant.

And this assumes that revenue sharing models that pay football players the bulk of the money can survive court challenges.

This is where I'd be terrified about private equity getting involved, because getting rid of all unprofitable sports is exactly what would happen.

Unionization.

If they reach the point where revenue sharing exists, players are going to have to be able to negotiate. There's no way around it.

I'm not arguing for or against unionization. I'm just pointing out that it would create a snowball effect as it relates to paying players. It would cost schools a LOT more vs the current scholarship model. Players would face issues too. Scholarships are tax deductable. Revenue sharing is not.

Its also going to put a lot of focus on the gender pay gap. Men's basketball is more profitable than women's. But.. can they pay men more than women without it causing a political **** storm? Women would make up close to half of the players union. Would they vote to allow men's teams to make more than them?

There's one final problem.

Let's say they get passed all that, with female athletes and men on non revenue generating teams agreeing that football players should get the biggest share of revenue.

Do all football players get paid the same amount? Because if they don't, it'll quickly turn into a cap situation resembling the NFL's. Where a small number of players will eat up the entire cap.

At that point, all of the bargaining and negotiating would end with a small handful of players getting the bulk of the money. Are all these players going to go to all that trouble just for it to end that way?

I'm not arguing for or against revenue sharing or unionization. I only mean to point out how bad the NCAA screwed college athletes by dragging its feet. They've put the players and the schools in terrible, no win positions.

We're all doomed.

I agree w/ u; trust me…it’s y, & I’m sorry I have to pull him in here, when @DMoney talked about cutting Olympic Sports for the revenue generating CFB programs, I’m like OK, but there’s this Title IX thingy that’s still looming.

Unfortunately, whether it’s media contracts, Congress, Universities, The Justice System, Private Equity firms, fans, it’s been hyper focused on CFB. Every time the phrase “college athletics is broken” is used, 9.5/10 it’s referring to CFB.

My proposal was more less a frame work, a genesis if u will; but, Title IX is a huge obstacle which is y I said I know for sure even something as logical as what’s been proposed, it will still need fine tuning. As much as we want to try to separate CFB from the rest of the college programs that’s apart of an AD, as long as these guys are on scholarships which ties them to the schools they play for, as long as they are apart of an overall athletic dept which includes both revenue & non revenue sports, as long as Title IX is in play for athletic departments decisions, there are going to be some hurdles faced either today or tomorrow.

Furthermore, with that said, the reason y some ADs r against revenue sharing is b/c the vast majority of ADs r not profitable. ****, even some schools that r in P4 conferences, CFB is not their bread & butter. Then again, & this thought just came up…

It may be helpful to pull someone in from the NBA to give their perspective. The NBA is directly tied to the WNBA. Caitlin Clark has created a cash flow that’s never been seen in the history of this sport. The WNBA is a non profitable league, yet the NBA have found a way for revenue sharing (albeit at a substantially lower rate than NBA players for good reason). What have helped these young ladies r the off court opportunities (i.e NIL).

I would like to see what each program within the AD brings to the table, on avg. & possibly the revenue sharing should be based upon value, meaning the highest revenue generating sport get the biggest cut of the pie & its distributed from there.

My take on it is you have 6 divisions to get 6 champs for a 12-team playoff.

6 divisions have 11 football playoff eligible teams that play one another in a 10 game sched and 1 rivalry regardless of relegation and fill out the rest of the schedule with teams within the division that are relegated up to 12 games. End of the year have a play off for relegation between bottom playoff eligible team and top relegated team

Top 4 division champs get byes, 2 are locked in division champs. 6 at large based on rankings. A relegated team may be considered for an at large bid if they are undefeated after they play for eligibility

This type of scheduling model would only work for football but if we were talking ideal scenario, I think this is as good as it gets.

There are certainly some divisions that might be a little easier but geographically it is hard to slim them down anymore that this without making the competition even more unbalanced. Trying to keep traditional rivalries intact was also a challenge.

My ideal divisions would look like this: (relegated)

Atlantic Division
Miami, UCF, UF, FSU, UGA, GT, Clemson, S Carolina, UNC, NC St, Duke (FIU, FAU, USF, Georgia Southern, Georgia St, Kennesaw St, Wake, Coastal Carolina, ECU, Charlotte, App St)

South Division
Alabama, Auburn, Miss, Miss St, LSU, Texas A&M, Tenn, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Kentucky, Memphis (S. Alabama, Troy, UAB, Jacksonville St, Tulane, Louisiana, UL Monroe, La Tech, Houston, Sam Houston, Middle Tenn, Western Kentucky)

Plains Division
Texas, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Arkansas, Oklahoma, OK St, Nebraska, Kansas St, Kansas, Colorado (Texas Tech, Tulsa, N. Texas, Texas St, UTSA, UTEP, Arky St, Wyoming, Colorado St, Air Force, Rice)

East Division
Ohio St, Michigan, Mich St, Penn St, Pitt, West Virginia, Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, Virginia, Virginia Tech (Liberty, ODU, JMU, Marshall, Navy, Maryland, Temple, Army, UConn, UMass, Buffalo, Ohio, Kent St, Akron)

Midwest Division
Notre Dame, Purdue, Indiana, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa St., Cincinatti (Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Eastern Mich, Western Mich, Central Mich, Western Kentucky, Miami (OH), Toledo, Bowling Green, Ball St.)

West Division
Wash, Wash St, Oregon, Oregon St, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona St, BYU, Boise St, Utah (Stanford, Cal, Hawaii, Utah St, San Diego St, Fresno St, San Jose St, Nevada, UNLV, New Mexico St, New Mexico

Advertisement

The ellipsis, a series of three dots (…), has a storied history in punctuation, serving as a bridge between written language and the nuances of spoken communication. Its origins can be traced back to ancient Greek manuscripts, where it was used to indicate omissions in text, a practice that allowed scholars to present excerpts without altering their original meaning. Over the centuries, the ellipsis has evolved, finding its place not only in scholarly work but also in literature and everyday communication.

The word "ellipsis" is derived from the Greek word "elleipsis," meaning "to leave out." In early texts, the ellipsis was often represented by a series of dots or dashes that signified omitted words or phrases. By the 16th century, this form began to formalize into the three-dot system we recognize today. The ellipsis became a valuable tool in literature, allowing authors to convey pauses, incomplete thoughts, or to create suspense. Its versatility is evident in the works of writers such as James Joyce and Virginia Woolf, who used it to capture the complexities of consciousness and the fragmented nature of human thought.

Advocates for the ellipsis argue that it enhances both clarity and expressiveness in writing. By indicating pauses or omissions, it allows readers to interpret the intended tone and meaning more deeply. For instance, in dialogue, an ellipsis can convey hesitation, uncertainty, or even a dramatic pause, thereby enriching the character's voice. Author Susan Sontag eloquently stated, "The ellipsis is not a sign of hesitation, but a means of expressing the unsaid," suggesting that it provides insight into a character's inner thoughts and emotions.

Additionally, the ellipsis can create intrigue, prompting readers to fill in the gaps with their imagination. This can lead to a more engaging reading experience, as the audience is invited to participate actively in the narrative. The ellipsis also reflects the complexity of human communication, echoing the natural rhythms of speech where thoughts often trail off or become interrupted.

Despite its advantages, the ellipsis is not without its detractors. Critics argue that its overuse can lead to ambiguity and confusion, blurring the lines between intention and interpretation. Some assert that it can come off as pretentious or overly dramatic, detracting from the clarity of the writing. The poet T.S. Eliot warned against such excess, stating, "The use of ellipses can be a slippery slope; it can obscure meaning rather than illuminate it."

Moreover, in academic and formal writing, excessive reliance on ellipses may undermine the precision that is often required. When conveying complex ideas, clarity is paramount; thus, the ellipsis could be seen as a crutch for writers who fail to articulate their thoughts effectively.

In conclusion, while the ellipsis has its critics, it remains a powerful and valuable tool in the writer's ****nal. Its ability to convey nuance, evoke emotion, and encourage reader engagement cannot be understated. As writer Kurt Vonnegut once remarked, "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be," reflecting the notion that the ellipsis, when used judiciously, can enhance our understanding of the characters and narratives that shape our literary experience.

Ultimately, the ellipsis serves as a reminder of the unsaid, the pauses that punctuate our thoughts, and the complexity of communication. Far from being a mere mark of omission, it is a dynamic punctuation mark that adds depth and texture to language, making it a praiseworthy form of punctuation worthy of celebration.
IMG_4066.webp

I agree w/ u; trust me…it’s y, & I’m sorry I have to pull him in here, when @DMoney talked about cutting Olympic Sports for the revenue generating CFB programs, I’m like OK, but there’s this Title IX thingy that’s still looming.

Unfortunately, whether it’s media contracts, Congress, Universities, The Justice System, Private Equity firms, fans, it’s been hyper focused on CFB. Every time the phrase “college athletics is broken” is used, 9.5/10 it’s referring to CFB.

My proposal was more less a frame work, a genesis if u will; but, Title IX is a huge obstacle which is y I said I know for sure even something as logical as what’s been proposed, it will still need fine tuning. As much as we want to try to separate CFB from the rest of the college programs that’s apart of an AD, as long as these guys are on scholarships which ties them to the schools they play for, as long as they are apart of an overall athletic dept which includes both revenue & non revenue sports, as long as Title IX is in play for athletic departments decisions, there are going to be some hurdles faced either today or tomorrow.

Furthermore, with that said, the reason y some ADs r against revenue sharing is b/c the vast majority of ADs r not profitable. ****, even some schools that r in P4 conferences, CFB is not their bread & butter. Then again, & this thought just came up…

It may be helpful to pull someone in from the NBA to give their perspective. The NBA is directly tied to the WNBA. Caitlin Clark has created a cash flow that’s never been seen in the history of this sport. The WNBA is a non profitable league, yet the NBA have found a way for revenue sharing (albeit at a substantially lower rate than NBA players for good reason). What have helped these young ladies r the off court opportunities (i.e NIL).

I would like to see what each program within the AD brings to the table, on avg. & possibly the revenue sharing should be based upon value, meaning the highest revenue generating sport get the biggest cut of the pie & its distributed from there.
I think everyone involved is going to get end up getting screwed tbh. The schools, the players, the NCAA. Not the networks though.

That's why I keep complaining about private equity getting involved. They're like vultures circling above what they know is a dying animal. This is their time to shine.

Like you said, not many ADs are profitable. At least not to the extent that they can set aside tens of millions per year to pay players, without making cuts.

Before the House settlement fell apart, Group of 5 schools were in full panic mode. It was the kinda situation that would've forced them into parting with PE firms.

What a ****show.

Advertisement

Title IX, regardless of party in WH (Congress is key actually), will be a major obstacle to CFB "reformation" w/o significant financial give aways to Women's Ribbon Dancing teams.

Title IX, w/ certain party in control of House and Senate over the long-term, will ultimately lead to significant impacts to college revenue producing sports in many ways the majority on this board will not like at all.

This is not a porst to inject molten lava politics into this thread as CIS has a forum for that. With that said, college revenue producing sports (i.e. fútból y biesketból meng) NIL transformation/reformation/evolution, in my opinion, simply can't be divorced from the reality of Title IX. You think Athletes vs NCAA lawsuits were big and bad, wait until these same law firms bring about Scorned Ladies Who Want To Get Paid vs Conference Presidents and Superleagues.

**** hath no fury right?

Book it.

it6W8D4FfvaPC.gif

Advertisement
Back