MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

But obviously the leaders of those leagues recognized their value and negotiated the best deals for their league. Whereas the ACC lesders negotiated the best deal for their own pockets. Not for their members.
Well....yes and no.

I imagine some sleaziness goes on in B1G and SEC.

I think what happened to ACC:

- They were first to trough
- They panicked with long-term deal inflexible to quickly changing media landscape
- FSU, Miami, UNC, and VT did not hold up their end of perennial natty contender bargain...if they had...ACC is renegotiating w/ ESPN and probably signing biggest contract on block

Advertisement
TJ posted a YT video saying Florida's AG is releasing the contract publicly next week with the trade secrets redacted. It will have Swofford's Raycom deals. It will have the contract amendment he made that were supposed to be approved by every program. At that point, what is the point of the trial? The whole world has what he did. I would think settlement immediately and Phillips would have known this in front of the mic days ago.
TJ is an FSU troll who knowingly posts false information for views. That guy can’t be taken seriously.

TJ posted a YT video saying Florida's AG is releasing the contract publicly next week with the trade secrets redacted. It will have Swofford's Raycom deals. It will have the contract amendment he made that were supposed to be approved by every program. At that point, what is the point of the trial? The whole world has what he did. I would think settlement immediately and Phillips would have known this in front of the mic days ago.
And yet none of that will happen...

this isn't a Lifetime Channel movie.

There may be another option that I have not seen mentioned here. Assuming teams can get out of the ACC for a reasonable cost at some point in the near future, rather than trying to get into one of the other conferences for a fractional share, why not start a new conference made up of the most valuable 9 teams in the eyes of the TV networks. I would have to assume the bottom tier teams in the ACC don’t bring much value to the networks. If those 9 teams, who would play an 8 game conference schedule so that each team plays each other annually, can get the same TV contract dollars as the ACC currently generates, each team would get significantly more from the TV contract since it is not being split 15-18 ways. Also, the matchups would be a lot more attractive since you would not have undesirable teams like Boston College and Wake Forest from a TV perspective in the new conference. My assumption is the new conference would be made up of both Virginia teams, Louisville, Clemson, North Carolina and North Carolina State, Florida State, and Miami. The ninth slot would ideally go to Notre Dame. However, if they don’t join the new conference, the next best options would be Pittsburgh or Georgia Tech. In this scenario, the rivalries that matter would also be maintained. The Carolina and Virginia schools can stay together which solves the state governments trying to tie those teams together. The critical piece to this puzzle would be ensuring that two teams from the new conference are guaranteed spots in the 12 team playoff.
Everything has been discussed. Starting a new conference sometimes isn’t worth it unless you have certain programs involved with the plan. That isn’t the case last I heard.

Advertisement
Everything has been discussed. Starting a new conference sometimes isn’t worth it unless you have certain programs involved with the plan. That isn’t the case last I heard.
ONLY buzz I have heard anywhere has been what Sankey alluded to ... that a big money group is working behind the scenes contacting the top B10 and SEC programs discussing a potential Super League (SL) that would pay top programs in the range of $400-$500 million per season. He said he attended one meeting with the "organizers" and then declined to attend any more with the comment to his conference members "we can do it ourselves".

ONLY buzz I have heard anywhere has been what Sankey alluded to ... that a big money group is working behind the scenes contacting the top B10 and SEC programs discussing a potential Super League (SL) that would pay top programs in the range of $400-$500 million per season. He said he attended one meeting with the "organizers" and then declined to attend any more with the comment to his conference members "we can do it ourselves".
This is heading to a P2 league on its own. That’s the end game.

Nearly 2 years ago, the idea of creating another “conference” from scratch was discussed with several programs, but the discussions did not progress because some major stakeholders were not very interested in that approach. Miami has and is exploring all options, as they should.

Nearly 2 years ago, the idea of creating another “conference” from scratch was discussed with several programs, but the discussions did not progress because some major stakeholders were not very interested in that approach. Miami has and is exploring all options, as they should.

Any options the ADMIN is ruling out?

Advertisement
He is delusional if he thinks he can do it and not jettison 2/3rds of SEC dead weight.

He is delusional if he thinks he can do it and not jettison 2/3rds of SEC dead weight.
He and Petiti are in the same boat ... protecting their enormous salaries.

Advertisement
@5NC4 - did you not realize how wrong you were? I mean I don’t care if you give me a down vote - makes no difference to me, it’s just bothersome that you don’t even know our rivals’ records, especially when it comes to championships.

Please note: 4 > 1
I downvoted you for the very same reason that you downvoted me. We have a difference of opinion or you simply miscontreued the point I was making.

I am very well versed on our programs history. I don't need you to give me a history lesson. Our champions date back to 1982 and our last was in 2001. I didn't say that UF has owned us over the last 45 years. They do beat us regularly now and win just about every three game series we play with them. Maybe you missed what programs have been playing in the CWS the last decade plus, while our program has fallen off.

Here is a google search for you:

As of March 2024, the University of Miami (UM) leads the all-time series against the Florida Gators baseball team 134–132–1. However, the Gators have had the upper hand in recent years, winning 39 of the last 76 games against the Hurricanes since Kevin O'Sullivan became Florida's head coach in 2008. In 2024, Florida won the series against UM in Gainesville 2–1, with wins of 10–4 in Game 1 and 14–4 in Game 3. Florida has also won eight of the last nine regular-season series against UM and 20 of the last 27 meetings..

Yes they do own Miami baseball now. I am pretty bitter about losing just about every 3 game series against them for the last 9 seasons. The reason they have a better program than ours right now is because baseball has too many partial scholarships and our tuition costs are drastically higher than theirs. A lot of parents aren't paying all of those extra costs and the players themselves don't want to end up making mortgage payments on their tuition costs. That is why UF, FSU and others have had a lot more success recently vs Miami than in the past.

The 34 full scholarships can help offset the lapse our baseball program has had and help return our baseball program to the level it belongs. That is if Title IX and other programs dumping more money into NIL deals for baseball players don't continue to offset our talent level. Hopefully we into the P2 so we will have more money to spend on our athletic programs.

I downvoted you for the very same reason that you downvoted me. We have a difference of opinion or you simply miscontreued the point I was making.

I am very well versed on our programs history. I don't need you to give me a history lesson. Our champions date back to 1982 and our last was in 2001. I didn't say that UF has owned us over the last 45 years. They do beat us regularly now and win just about every three game series we play with them. Maybe you missed what programs have been playing in the CWS the last decade plus, while our program has fallen off.

Here is a google search for you:

As of March 2024, the University of Miami (UM) leads the all-time series against the Florida Gators baseball team 134–132–1. However, the Gators have had the upper hand in recent years, winning 39 of the last 76 games against the Hurricanes since Kevin O'Sullivan became Florida's head coach in 2008. In 2024, Florida won the series against UM in Gainesville 2–1, with wins of 10–4 in Game 1 and 14–4 in Game 3. Florida has also won eight of the last nine regular-season series against UM and 20 of the last 27 meetings..

Yes they do own Miami baseball now. I am pretty bitter about losing just about every 3 game series against them for the last 9 seasons. The reason they have a better program than ours right now is because baseball has too many partial scholarships and our tuition costs are drastically higher than theirs. A lot of parents aren't paying all of those extra costs and the players themselves don't want to end up making mortgage payments on their tuition costs. That is why UF, FSU and others have had a lot more success recently vs Miami than in the past.

The 34 full scholarships can help offset the lapse our baseball program has had and help return our baseball program to the level it belongs. That is if Title IX and other programs dumping more money into NIL deals for baseball players don't continue to offset our talent level. Hopefully we into the P2 so we will have more money to spend on our athletic programs.

The university of Florida has only won one College World Series. Just one. You said they won 2 CWS.

You wasted a bunch of time writing this missive, when that was the only thing that I was objecting to.

You were clearly wrong, but apparently don’t want to admit it.

They have only only won one. Just one. You should’ve known better. You made a mistake which I corrected.

Don’t make it about anything more than that.

End of discussion.

Advertisement
The university of Florida has only won one College World Series. Just one. You said they won 2 CWS.

You wasted a bunch of time writing this missive, when that was the only thing that I was objecting to.

You were clearly wrong, but apparently don’t want to admit it.

They have only only won one. Just one. You should’ve known better. You made a mistake which I corrected.

Don’t make it about anything more than that.

End of discussion.
So basically you were so **** focussed on 2 vs 1 that you had nothing to say about partial scholarships and high tuition costs being the reason Miami baseball has fallen off and UF basically owns Miami now…….I understand now. No comments on 34 full scholarships potentially helping our program get back toward the top of college baseball.

FSU dude on College Football Addiction has actually changed his tune about Miami vs just hating on them. He admits what we do as far as needing to win this year. He does admit Miami is letting FSU and Clemson do the dirty work for them, but admits that Miami is a good fit for the B1G.

Last edited:

Still saying this week. More info released by Florida AG this week. They have a settlement in place on what she releases from the redacted documents. This at least knocks the ACC GOR back to end of football season 2026. RickD and Original have brought this up a bazillian times.

FL AG receives redacted documents on Aug 1st. Point #89 in the amended complaint. ACC commissioner extending dealine without voting members approval.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back