MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Said this since Day One: FSU and Clemson were and are going to the SEC. Period.

There's no other ending to this story despite some reporters and "reporters" suggesting or hoping otherwise.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey (with the full cooperation of ESPN) will take who he wants from the ACC: FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, VA Tech, Duke and Georgia Tech.

Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti with the support of FOX and friends (specifically NBC) will land his big fish in Miami and Notre Dame and bring Stanford and Cal through the back door to (a) fill out the West Coast wing, (b) please those academic-obsessed presidents and (c) give those AD's at mid- and lower-tier Big Ten schools teams they think they can beat on a regular basis.

Miami and the other schools leaving the ACC will give money back for their early exits (i.e. "reduced shares") to compensate the schools that end up in the Big XII, zombie ACC or somewhere else outside the SEC or B1G.

JMO like everything else in this post, but I think this all goes down sooner rather than later

Edited to add: And there will be arguments until the end of time: "Miami turned down the SEC" vs "the SEC didn't want Miami" ...

That makes way too much sense. The B1G could split divisions geographically. I like a 4 division model similar to the NFL where one division will play the same teams in their division and

There's no other ending to this story despite some reporters and "reporters" suggesting or hoping otherwise.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey (with the full cooperation of ESPN) will take who he wants from the ACC: FSU, Clemson, UNC, NC State, UVA, VA Tech, Duke and Georgia Tech.

Big Ten commissioner Tony Petitti with the support of FOX and friends (specifically NBC) will land his big fish in Miami and Notre Dame and bring Stanford and Cal through the back door to (a) fill out the West Coast wing, (b) please those academic-obsessed presidents and (c) give those AD's at mid- and lower-tier Big Ten schools teams they think they can beat on a regular basis.

Miami and the other schools leaving the ACC will give money back for their early exits (i.e. "reduced shares") to compensate the schools that end up in the Big XII, zombie ACC or somewhere else outside the SEC or B1G.

JMO like everything else in this post, but I think this all goes down sooner rather than later

Edited to add: And there will be arguments until the end of time: "Miami turned down the SEC" vs "the SEC didn't want Miami" ...
That makes too much sense. I definitely see Miami and ND will definitely go at the same time.

Miami and ND would make 20 teams for the B1G. With 2 divisions, you could have a 9 game conference schedule. If they added 2 more teams, it would make it a 10 game conference schedule leaving only 2 non-conference games.

For that reason, I only see Cal and Stanford if the B1G expands to 24 teams perhaps adding UNC and GT. With 24 teams, you could have 4 divisions of 6 teams.

Advertisement

This is how I see it going down as well....

Wait, FSU is making their stadium smaller?

Uhm....I thought they were such a big bank program drawing in mad $$$$$$$$???

What a bunch of whiny *******. "We're in the middle of nowhere, people have HD TVs, hotel costs are high".....yada, yada, yada.

What a bunch of whiny *******. "We're in the middle of nowhere, people have HD TVs, hotel costs are high".....yada, yada, yada.
Do you know how far across Broward I have to drive to get to HRS?

N52B0xJMDataNMripk.gif

Advertisement
Wait, FSU is making their stadium smaller?

Uhm....I thought they were such a big bank program drawing in mad $$$$$$$$???

Getting ready for those 4-8 seasons in the SEC ...

Lot more money to be made in expanding premium seating while lowering the availability (and thus driving up demand) of the cheapest tickets.

Other than maybe Taint, Me-Cheat-Again, Pedo, Texas, A&M and maybe a few more SEC programs when they're rolling, any stadium with a capacity above 85k or so is really too much.

Drive up demand. Make fans pay more to get in the building. And steer the ones with money to high-dollar premium seating.

That's the trick

Advertisement
Does the fact that Rad just got appointed to serve as the ACC’s rep for the Oversight Committee have any meaning at all? Four-year term.

Per Canesport:
“University of Miami Vice President/Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich has been appointed to the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision Oversight Committee.

Radakovich is one of 17 members on the committee and will serve as the committee’s Atlantic Coast Conference representative. His four-year term commenced on July 1 and runs through June 30, 2028.”

Does the fact that Rad just got appointed to serve as the ACC’s rep for the Oversight Committee have any meaning at all? Four-year term.

Per Canesport:
“University of Miami Vice President/Director of Athletics Dan Radakovich has been appointed to the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision Oversight Committee.

Radakovich is one of 17 members on the committee and will serve as the committee’s Atlantic Coast Conference representative. His four-year term commenced on July 1 and runs through June 30, 2028.”

Clearly Trojan Horse maneuver…

Radtastic

Advertisement

No.

Unless one thinks DanRad should've said, "I'm honored for the consideration, but out of respect to the unfortunate ACC schools about to be left behind in realignment, I must decline this appointment so there's no confusion whether or not we're trying to get to the Big Ten."

Business as usual until it's not

Advertisement

Per Canesport:

Based on his tenure, he should have had that position previously.

I believe Joe was just appointed to a role as well. Comes with the territory.

Advertisement
Back