MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean...if some want to bury their head in the sand and ignore the gravity of the situation developing, that is their prerogative. I disagree with just about everything you've said. But you are helping us get to 1000!
You don’t have to agree. No one is making you 😂

Advertisement
My bad everyone....sorry...got confused on small phone...

My apologies...

I deserve all the rotten vegetables thrown my way

fneaWqWRUNIzkNMkqO.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, I forgot to mention the Christmas light shows, as they are in the "offseason". But still valid. I would go to the one in Daytona every year, one of my brothers goes to the one in Charlotte, he only lives a few miles away.
The lights shows are neat....kid love the lights, Daddy gets to drive the SUV on a NASCAR track.

Advertisement
Believe it has been mentioned as subtext, but I believe it is important in the future realignment scenarios to be really aware of what VENU SPORTS brings to college football.

-Still pending regulatory approval ... but expected to launch this Fall with a start up package.
-Sports Streaming Service that is a joint venture of Disney, Fox, and Warner Bros Discovery
-Ownership:
ESPN 33.3%
FOX 33.3%
WBD 33.3%
-Venu Sports will offer the combined SPORTS PROGRAMS from the 3 joint venture partners on one streaming service, and will include
recording and split screen capabilities. Believe you will be able to have an SEC and Bog10 game on your screen at the same time.

Was reading in one thread some further commentary regarding the potential new ACC contract that "is supposedly close to being presented" stating:

-ESPN will be financing the exit of select schools.
-Schools might be headed to either SEC or Big 10 ... but ESPN will be broadcasting some Big 10 games as part of the deal.
-The new ACC contract / GOR will have an "escape hatch" that will enable the P2 to move schools FROM the ACC TO the P2
further down the road if so desired.

This new joint venture and joint programming changes the historic "competitive stance" of these sports broadcast companies and turns them into powerful allies. So to a degree ESPN isn't "losing" a valuable property if an ACC school heads to the Big 10, they are moving to another asset that ESPN is involved with.

Huge change in the way we look at the landscape.

God, Finebaum is an idiot. FSU is academically ranked higher than half of the B10 schools, tied with MN at #53.
Perhaps just so, however it seems current weak member (the majority actually of their rosters) of both B1G + SEC are exempt from all reality when discussing pros + cons of conference expansion.

This would be no different.

God, Finebaum is an idiot. FSU is academically ranked higher than half of the B10 schools, tied with MN at #53.
That may be the case, but FSU is a bad cultural fit with the Big Ten. They would be a fish out of water in that league. And AAU membership is still very important to a lot of the school presidents. They were not happy when Nebraska lost membership.

Advertisement
Back