MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

How do you know that is good news?

We have a new contract structure? IS IT MORE MONEY THAN BEFORE? Otherwise, it's just a formalization of the impact of adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

The P2 and the networks have flexed again? What does that even mean? Unless it means that ESPN has gratuitiously given the ACC more money to prevent its eventual collapse, I'm not sure why I should be happy about that "flex".

And, particularly with the comment on "F$U and others are out"...I mean, I guess that's good overall news, but you didn't highight and bold that part, while you did for the other stuff.

Just tell us what we should be happy about, what with all this actually decent news.
You misinterpreted how I used decent. I didn't mean it as in good for us, I meant it as in there is actually something actually decently new being shared. I used decent because theres basically no actual information. I would have said Legit if there was more substance to it.

Advertisement
You misinterpreted how I used decent. I didn't mean it as in good for us, I meant it as in there is actually something actually decently new being shared. I used decent because theres basically no actual information. I would have said Legit if there was more substance to it.

OK. I'm still not sure that it's anything new, I think it's just confirmation of what we already know.

I guess I'm just hoping for the governor's last minute call to Death Row...

1000 pages soon
Let's get there!

I hope FSU is going broke with this lawsuit. No interest in joining them.

I am glad we'll be making more money than Nike and Washington in the B1G.

I hope the ACC can get stronger for more compelling games.

How boring it would be to have two conferences with all the teams.

The concept of a conference championship needs to be reworked or perhaps eliminated the way things are heading.

1000001899.jpg

What a pathetic response.

I don't give a **** if you agree with me or disagree with me. And don't lie about "using my own gimmicks against me", that's not what you are doing.

You are, quite literally, negative and toxic on every post. Every one. You couldn't produce a "supportive/optimistic/hopeful" string of posts if someone put a gun to your head. That is YOUR gimmick, which I'm accurately criticizing.

Simply playing the "I know you are but what am I" routine by calling me a "mope" is not "using my own gimmicks against me". It's just silly name-calling. I don't care if you want to call me a name because you're salty that everyone accurately calls you a mope. Knock yourself out.

If you want to read posts, fine. If you want to participate in posts and share accurate information or debate, fine.

BUT YOU DON'T DO THAT.

You just keep sniping and snarking and adding zero-value with your 20,000 substance-free posts. Go spread your misery on the Gator boards.
Unlike you, I don't give a **** what someone posted 2 years ago that was not accurate.

The more relevant issue is when jackasses continue to try to mock that "one of the most respected posters on the board" with constant reminders of the phrase, which has been misunderstood from the outset.

Like many others, I knew that Miami and Clemson shared similar ideas on leaving the ACC, but did not think that would equate to using identical methods or ending up in the same conference.

Go back and look at where I'm mocking you. I'm not mocking you for "saying" anything about Miami and Clemson being joined at the hip. I'm not mocking you for being the original source of such a comment. I'm mocking you for incessantly REGURGITATING that over and over and over again during the past 2 years.

I don't care whether you misunderstood it, or it was an unclear statement, or anything. YOU are the one with the problem, you act like someone intentionally lied to you, and then you suffered a serious injury or loss, and now you are dedicating your life to hunting down this person.

Let it go.
You love to rant, exaggerate and create narratives. It's fun. It brings life to the board that some enjoy from time to time. It is a message board that people participate in in different ways to enjoy themselves with most of the nearly 18,000 posting without ranting or melting down toward each other.

Some like to simply huck a few down the lane to hit some pins while kicking back a few frosty beverages, and then there is you yelling "Smokey, this isn't 'Nam, this is bowlCISing..."

1719350867053.png

Advertisement
You love to rant, exaggerate and create narratives. It's fun. It brings life to the board that some enjoy from time to time. It is a message board that people participate in in different ways to enjoy themselves with most of the nearly 18,000 posting without ranting or melting down toward each other.

Some like to simply huck a few down the lane to hit some pins while kicking back a few frosty beverages, and then there is you yelling "Smokey, this isn't 'Nam, this is bowlCISing..."

View attachment 292804

Sure.

Whatever you say.

Certainly explains your 20,000 posts of negativity.

Not in denial. Just know it's not this massive underlying issue you try to make it out to be consistently on a sports message board cherry picking isolated incidents. Find another forum to push your bull**** agenda.
I guess the level of “caring” depends on how you define “massive” - but it is true, though. Put a few Sazerac's into the right Bull Gator/Bryant Society/... and they'll happily tell you.

Being in the Big 12 would put at us a significant recruiting advantage and our best players would all transfer to the SEC or B1G. I want no part of being the richest school in the minor leagues

Yeah, but the Big 12 will be in a better position to stay viable when the ACC inevitably gets picked apart. Again, some people speak as if UM just has to pick which conference they want to go to, when the reality is that neither P2 conference may come calling.

How do you know that is good news?

We have a new contract structure? IS IT MORE MONEY THAN BEFORE? Otherwise, it's just a formalization of the impact of adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

The P2 and the networks have flexed again? What does that even mean? Unless it means that ESPN has gratuitiously given the ACC more money to prevent its eventual collapse, I'm not sure why I should be happy about that "flex".

And, particularly with the comment on "F$U and others are out"...I mean, I guess that's good overall news, but you didn't highight and bold that part, while you did for the other stuff.

Just tell us what we should be happy about, what with all this actually decent news.
Outside of FSU “and others” potentially being out - the only thing we know - is that it APPEARS that something is being at least proposed. Is it good for Miami ?? Only IF Miami is somehow included in a P2 move - and that would be a shock at this point.

Advertisement
Being in the Big 12 would put at us a significant recruiting advantage and our best players would all transfer to the SEC or B1G. I want no part of being the richest school in the minor leagues
Why doesn't it hurt Notre Lame being an Independent, but Miami to BiG12 hurts recruiting?

Especially if Yormark pulls off a huge coup of sorts?

Advertisement
Interesting comment by RegalNole ... the guy who started the Conference Realignment thread on Warchant two years ago ... "ACC pending new contract structure announcement that was agreed to in principal last week. The P2 and the networks have flexed again". This would tie in to Josh Pate's comments a few days ago that "he has had comments from attorneys that a reconfigured ACC is imminent, FSU and others are out".

Remember when I said that in order of likelihood, my prediction was

1. UM stays in revamped ACC (with new tv deal and more money for top teams to make them reasonably competitive with the P2)
2. UM joins the big 12
3. UM joins the B1G
4. UM joins SEC

e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif

Remember when I said that in order of likelihood, my prediction was

1. UM stays in revamped ACC (with new tv deal and more money for top teams to make them reasonably competitive with the P2)
2. UM joins the big 12
3. UM joins the B1G
4. UM joins SEC

Right, wrong or some of each - good for you putting it on the record clear as day

I got:

1) B1G: 85%

2) SEC: 5%

3) Big XII: 5%

4) Zombie ACC: 5%

Advertisement

View attachment 292804

His screenname should be TheOriginalKaren

Right, wrong or some of each - good for you putting it on the record clear as day

I got:

1) B1G: 85%

2) SEC: 5%

3) Big XII: 5%

4) Zombie ACC: 5%
I'd go
1. B1G eventually - 88%
2. ACC - 8%
3. SEC - 3%
4. Independent - 1%
5. B12 - 0.000001%

If this were like the next year I'd probably go