MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread: Stories, Tales, Lies, and Exaggerations

Why doesn't it hurt Notre Lame being an Independent, but Miami to BiG12 hurts recruiting?

Especially if Yormark pulls off a huge coup of sorts?
Because Notre Dame will put together a scheduling agreement with the P2 and have plenty of marquee tv spots meanwhile we will be playing UCF at noon on ESPN Plus. If we can get a scheduling agreement with the P2 while we try and improve our standing for full membership, I would choose that without second thought over the Big 12.

And what coup could they possibly make? If FSU, Clemson, UNC, and UVA go P2, what is left that is that appealing besides us? GT and VT aren’t changing the landscape.

Advertisement
With all due respect, this narrative needs to stop. Will Mario "get his"? Of course! But it's about your batting average, and being in the Big 12 will put us at a major disadvantage. Mario's life would be miserable if Miami were left out of the Power 2 conferences.

We've already lost recruits who want to play at a higher level than the ACC.
Don’t agree. Mario the best recruiter in America. Miami could be in sunbelt & would pull top 8 classes.

Wrong. Game is changing ... prime broadcast time is going to be TOTALLY dominated by the P2, and the revenue gap will be more than $50-60 million per school. The B12 will not be getting exposure on air time, money won't be close, and 4-5 star players wanting exposure, big time games, and "being prepared for the NFL" will go P2 period.
Yeah you’re right. Players will be going to Rutgers and Vandy over Miami.

Stop it man. Worry about Mario handling business on the field. Crooting will never be an issue as long as Mario is here. Now being in the B12 without him? Eh okay

Don’t agree. Mario the best recruiter in America. Miami could be in sunbelt & would pull top 8 classes.
Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Advertisement
Yeah you’re right. Players will be going to Rutgers and Vandy over Miami.

Stop it man. Worry about Mario handling business on the field. Crooting will never be an issue as long as Mario is here. Now being in the B12 without him? Eh okay
Clown response. Got to stop looking in the rear view mirror .... access to air time / TV programming ... is all changing and the P2 will be dominating more and more all national broadcasts. The ACC and B12 will be on limited regional streaming apps. Elite players want exposure and that will be the P2. USC, Michigan, OSU, Bama, Georgia, ND. Sure won't be whoever Syracuse and BC are playing, and that might be Miami.

Clown response. Got to stop looking in the rear view mirror .... access to air time / TV programming ... is all changing and the P2 will be dominating more and more all national broadcasts. The ACC and B12 will be on limited regional streaming apps. Elite players want exposure and that will be the P2. USC, Michigan, OSU, Bama, Georgia, ND. Sure won't be whoever Syracuse and BC are playing, and that might be Miami.
Clown response because you don’t agree? ExpoSuRe

No elite players want money and to be developed. If Miami is good they will be on TV and they will be in playoffs regardless of what conference they’re in.

Clown response because you don’t agree? ExpoSuRe

No elite players want money and to be developed. If Miami is good they will be on TV and they will be in playoffs regardless of what conference they’re in.
Within a couple of years there won't be a team in either the B12 or ACC that will be able to compete with the top teams of the Big 10 and SEC. Recruiting will be more stacked than ever in favor of the P2.

Advertisement
Can we at least be open to maybe Yormark is changing the face of college football?

That perhaps our Canes could be part of that under the right circumstances?
Think it is going to be more like ESPN, Sankey and Pettiti are changing the face of college football.

The horse trading that is rumored to be going on involving the "reconfigured ACC" is going to be interesting to see unveiled. Lot of "flexibility" in play with the new Streaming partnership between Disney and the networks, also involving CFP sublicense deals, and even the prospect of ESPN broadcasting Big 10 games of schools that do leave the ACC for the Big 10. Yormark can only do what the networks agree to and they have bigger $$$ invested in the P2.

flexing delusions of grandeur GIF

Brother, with all due respect…that’s just delusional.

Not to get off-topic but I’m not even sure he’s the best recruiter in America. Recruiting has changed so much that it’s very arbitrary and increasingly based on money. You could argue Kirby, Lanning, Sark, Day, etc.

Top 5? Yeah I’ll go there, especially with Saban’s retirement and Mario’s furious close last year despite laying a **** as a gameday coach. But watch us go 8-4 this year (I ******* hope not) and I guarantee you he doesn’t bring in a Top 6 class. The fairy dust and grand visions comes to a screeching halt with three consecutive years of falling well below expectations.

At that point, you’re just a car salesman and nobody is buying your talk.

But forget that right now - let’s just win some **** football games and conference realignment + recruiting should take care of itself.

The name of the game is relevancy, and we need to get back to that. We need to be a household name in college football again, and it starts on 8/31.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
flexing delusions of grandeur GIF

Brother, with all due respect…that’s just delusional.

Not to get off-topic but I’m not even sure he’s the best recruiter in America. Recruiting has changed so much that it’s very arbitrary and increasingly based on money. You could argue Kirby, Lanning, Sark, Day, etc.

Top 5? Yeah I’ll go there, especially with Saban’s retirement and Mario’s furious close last year despite laying a **** as a gameday coach. But watch us go 8-4 this year (I ******* hope not) and I guarantee you he doesn’t bring in a Top 6 class. The fairy dust and grand visions comes to a screeching halt with three consecutive years of falling well below expectations.

At that point, you’re just a car salesman and nobody is buying your talk.

But forget that right now - let’s just win some **** football games and conference realignment + recruiting should take care of itself.

The name of the game is relevancy, and we need to get back to that. We need to be a household name in college football again, and it starts on 8/31.
I agree all about the Ws now. I also think if Miami wins 8 games he would still pull a top 10 class. He is the best in America at forming relationships, persistent. I’ve never seen a HC in CFB as dedicated on the trail as he is.

Day, Kirby aren’t pulling top 6 classes after going 12-13. Mario is going to get his no matter what. You wanna argue about anything on field or staff, I could see your points - ****, they’re probably valid.

But someone bringing up recruiting to me as a reason we can’t go to B12 is a reach.

Advertisement
Back