Clemson home dogs against FSU

Look, maybe FSU is a great team. But here's my take:

1st half against LSU: Down 17-14. LSU had 1st and goal at the 1 yard line + 1st and 10 at the FSU 22 + 1st and 10 at the FSU 19 and had 3 points to show for all those drive. Could have been a much deeper hole.
2nd half against LSU: Put up 31 points

1st half against BC: Up 17-10.
2nd half against BC: Outscored 19-14 to a team that had 131 yards in penalties, threw an interception in the half, and turned the ball over after having 1st and goal. Oh and sealed the game on an inconsequential facemask penalty that would have given BC the ball back.

Against actual competition, they've played 1 quarter of good football and been the beneficiaries of extremely dumb play calling and luck. Again, maybe they are good but we're basically making that case off 1 half of football. I just think people are overestimating FSU and underestimating Clemson in this game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can fsu secondary hold up and can they put pressure on klubnik

Can clemson defense keep them in the game if their offense has a slow start

Can clemson finish drives

Is jordan travis healthy enough

Watch Vegas here. FSU has +80% of the money and bets. Looked a few places and everything is we over 80. Vegas ain’t getting hammered like that. FSU 0-5 ATS Vs Clemson.

This just feels to me like Clemson will kinda perform and play well based on the narrative. Past couple years they kinda had some slow starts and people say Clemson fell off then the get it rolling and are in the ACC championship with 10+ wins. They have 1 ACC loss, they know their back is against the wall. I’m with Cribby when it feels like FSU has an arrogance about themselves. For a team that has only went from 3 loosing seasons to a 9 win season, they act like back to back national champions.

I think Clemson makes a statement.

FSU has given up a ton of explosive pass plays, I just don't think Clemson has the QB or receivers to exploit that, but we'll see.

Advertisement
Don't forget Notre Dame. They can be a spoiler. Not sure how they count in the new system, though

Notre Dame plays at Duke , at Louisville, at Clemson,
They also play Wake Forest & Pitt
ND has no bearing on the ACC Championship, they are independent. They were allowed to play in the ACC during the COVID year only.

Advertisement
I'm not sure Travis makes it out of this game healthy. He's going to get hit and hit and hit.

Advertisement
Trust me they have 10 times the DL BC has and Travis almost got killed in that game.

Almost got killed? Did I watch the wrong game? He was sacked zero times.

Are you saying he almost got killed because he ran (like he always does against everyone) and fell on his shoulder?

Almost got killed? Did I watch the wrong game? He was sacked zero times.

Are you saying he almost got killed because he ran (like he always does against everyone) and fell on his shoulder?
Yes. Sorry I should have been more specific. The Clem Dline is going to get to him alot.

Advertisement
Back