Clemson at Miami at 2 pm on Fox Sports South

I get that Kam hasn't played in 3 weeks. He played well in his 28 minutes for the most part. He is also a redshirt senior so even with the lack of play he should be smarter at the end. Brooks is a redshirt senior. Olaniyi is a senior. Yes, he is just getting back into playing but a critical turnover at the end is inexcusable for a senior. In today's college game, Wong and Beverly logged a ton of minutes as true freshman and I don't buy into the youngster argument as sophomores. Both were top 100 players and they are getting 25+ minutes a game. Cross played well. Timberlake shot well. His turnovers as a true freshman in this conference are going to happen. We needed this game badly. Blowing a 4 point lead with a minute and a half to go has been more frequent the past 3 years. Any other P5 program this HC would be on the hot seat.
If we had a competent AD, he would have been let go last year

Advertisement
I was agreeing with you, I was merely saying don't let facts get in the way of a good whine. You and I see that this team is playing a ton of youngsters that are learning to play together, without the benefit of the practice schedule of previous years, but the typical fan doesn't understand nuance. They see a L and automatically think "This team stinks". Miami has lost their last two games by a combined 3 points. Miami could have EASILY won both, in fact, the law of averages indicates that they should have won at least one.

I trust Lykes a lot more with the ball late in that situation than I do McGusty or Timberlake. Frankly, looking at the options on the floor, I would have found a way to get the ball to Cross, it seems as if he has a firm grasp on what to do. Positive things happen when he gets a touch.
You just knew McGusty was going to try and force the issue.

You just knew McGusty was going to try and force the issue.

Yep, he's not a smooth handler, he was going to go for the rim at all costs. That's his game, he's a slasher. Clemson collapsed on him and instead of Miami kicking to the open man (Cross), there was a TO.

And the hits keep coming. Worse part about all this is hearing Caputo after the game with the lame excuses. Clock has got to be ticking on this staff. Shape up or ship out. 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
2 points, 6 rebounds in 15 minutes.

Brooks has to produce more. Those numbers resemble Rodney Miller's contribution to the team.
He also played atrocious defense. I don't understand why L went away from the small ball lineup that worked well earlier in the game.

Advertisement
Really tired of the undermanned and young excuses. We had 9 players available yesterday. Only 2 of them were freshmen. We are not a young team by college basketball standards.

Worse part is turning on the television and watching guys from Florida playing on other teams and doing well. And to add insult to injury a 5'10" G from Orlando came off the bench for Clemson yesterday and had a hand in their victory. Coach L hasn't forgotten how to coach. Our recruiting has fallen off. Mind-boggling why we can't do a better job of bringing in quality talent.

Time is running out on this season. Now at 4-4, 0-3. The hole continues to get deeper and deeper.

I only disagree because the gap between Miami and the rest of the ACC is not that big.
Miami lost by 3 points to the only two ranked ACC teams this week.
Miami went from making one 3 point shot against Purdue to making seventeen 3 point shots in their two games this week.
I know, it has not shown up in the win column but if they continue to improve each week like the last three weeks then they will win the ACC this season.

He also played atrocious defense. I don't understand why L went away from the small ball lineup that worked well earlier in the game.

Fatigue.
Yes, the small ball lineup worked but it should be done in spurts and not a full game strategy.
Gak has been good in moments, Walker and Brooks need to play better.

Advertisement
Really tired of the undermanned and young excuses. We had 9 players available yesterday. Only 2 of them were freshmen. We are not a young team by college basketball standards.

2 freshman yes
3 sophomores with only one who started
1 redshirt junior who has played less than 20 games in 4 years at Miami
2 grad transfer seniors who are new to the program. One became eligible last week.
1 experienced senior who is returning from a hamstring injury.

I only disagree because the gap between Miami and the rest of the ACC is not that big.
Miami lost by 3 points to the only two ranked ACC teams this week.
Miami went from making one 3 point shot against Purdue to making seventeen 3 point shots in their two games this week.
I know, it has not shown up in the win column but if they continue to improve each week like the last three weeks then they will win the ACC this season.
Sorry but that is a bit delusional! Win the ACC?! At this point, getting to 500 in conference will take a herculean effort.

Fatigue.
Yes, the small ball lineup worked but it should be done in spurts and not a full game strategy.
Gak has been good in moments, Walker and Brooks need to play better.
Fatigue? Brooks played 15 minutes yesterday. He has been a big disappointment up until this point.

Agreed on Walker. He has done nothing the last 2 games after having a couple of double doubles.

Advertisement
2 freshman yes
3 sophomores with only one who started
1 redshirt junior who has played less than 20 games in 4 years at Miami
2 grad transfer seniors who are new to the program. One became eligible last week.
1 experienced senior who is returning from a hamstring injury.
A senior is a senior, whether they're new to the program or not. Experience wise, this team is about average by college basketball standards. We aren't as old as the 12-13 team, but it's not like we're playing 5 freshmen and 4 sophomores. I don't buy this young narrative as an excuse for us losing these games.

Sorry but that is a bit delusional! Win the ACC?! At this point, getting to 500 in conference will take a herculean effort.

You are 3 games into 20 game regular season and you are ready to give up on the season. Interesting.
The ACC is not that strong this season. At this point in the season, Clemson and Virginia Tech are two of the best teams in the league.
Check back with me on this in two weeks.

A senior is a senior, whether they're new to the program or not. Experience wise, this team is about average by college basketball standards. We aren't as old as the 12-13 team, but it's not like we're playing 5 freshmen and 4 sophomores. I don't buy this young narrative as an excuse for us losing these games.

You can buy whatever you want, it's your money.

Fatigue? Brooks played 15 minutes yesterday. He has been a big disappointment up until this point.

Agreed on Walker. He has done nothing the last 2 games after having a couple of double doubles.

Brooks is what I thought he would be. His stats said he was another Rodney Miller. I never thought he would be more than that.

Advertisement
Back