Clemson at Miami at 2 pm on Fox Sports South

Advertisement
You mean to tell me our Basketball program has gone to **** too under Flake Janes?
you dont say nicholas cage GIF

Houston is good out of that group. Everyone else is average at best.

The Ivy league players make a better transition when they transfer.
Cincy made the NCAAT every year from 2011-2019. They were a 2 seed in 2018. Memphis was down for a bit, but historically is a very good program and had a very good team last year (would have been a final four contender if Wiseman was eligible and there was an NCAAT). UCF Made the 2nd round of the NCAAT in 2019 losing to Duke by 1, and like I said, beat FSU by 12 in Tallahassee this year. Wichita State has historically been very good, but are a mess right now because their coach punched people. UConn won a national title when they were in the AAC. SMU was 30-5 a couple of years ago. It's a solid conference.

Advertisement
My statement is true.

Sam and Rodney are out for the year.
Lykes is out with an ankle injury
Kam played his first game today in two weeks
Elijah has been eligible for two weeks.

Honestly, there was no point in this game where I said, man we sure miss Sam.
I was agreeing with you, I was merely saying don't let facts get in the way of a good whine. You and I see that this team is playing a ton of youngsters that are learning to play together, without the benefit of the practice schedule of previous years, but the typical fan doesn't understand nuance. They see a L and automatically think "This team stinks". Miami has lost their last two games by a combined 3 points. Miami could have EASILY won both, in fact, the law of averages indicates that they should have won at least one.
I was with you to a point until that last sentence.

I trust Lykes a lot more with the ball late in that situation than I do McGusty or Timberlake. Frankly, looking at the options on the floor, I would have found a way to get the ball to Cross, it seems as if he has a firm grasp on what to do. Positive things happen when he gets a touch.

I was agreeing with you, I was merely saying don't let facts get in the way of a good whine. You and I see that this team is playing a ton of youngsters that are learning to play together, without the benefit of the practice schedule of previous years, but the typical fan doesn't understand nuance. They see a L and automatically think "This team stinks". Miami has lost their last two games by a combined 3 points. Miami could have EASILY won both, in fact, the law of averages indicates that they should have won at least one.

I trust Lykes a lot more with the ball late in that situation than I do McGusty or Timberlake. Frankly, looking at the options on the floor, I would have found a way to get the ball to Cross, it seems as if he has a firm grasp on what to do. Positive things happen when he gets a touch.

I apologize. Thank you for the support.

I actually appreciate the learning experience this team is getting right now. Clemson beat FSU at home by 10 and Miami was a possession away and some better execution away from a win.
This team is going to win a lot of games this season. I have seen a lot of improvement over the past three weeks.

Cincy made the NCAAT every year from 2011-2019. They were a 2 seed in 2018. Memphis was down for a bit, but historically is a very good program and had a very good team last year (would have been a final four contender if Wiseman was eligible and there was an NCAAT). UCF Made the 2nd round of the NCAAT in 2019 losing to Duke by 1, and like I said, beat FSU by 12 in Tallahassee this year. Wichita State has historically been very good, but are a mess right now because their coach punched people. UConn won a national title when they were in the AAC. SMU was 30-5 a couple of years ago. It's a solid conference.

That sounds good and you make a valid point.

Brooks had 2 points and 6 rebounds today. That is a Rodney Miller stat line.

Advertisement
It IS nice to see the team competitive; hanging in and having a great chance for 2 excellent wins that just weren't to be.

Many bright spots, and with Lykes back it might have ended differently. As a fan it hurts a lot, and sure there are numerous flaws and chokes, but no reasonable fan thinks the team stinks. We may be in for a no-tourney stinky season with the poor start (losses and injuries) but I could see a healthy Canes team doing well in the ACC tourney (auto berth if win.)

We shouldn’t be surprised by the result. Isn’t this the norm for us? There is always some sort of lame excuse why we keep losing games like this. The players change, but the results rarely do. It’s past time to move on from this staff. 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
I get that Kam hasn't played in 3 weeks. He played well in his 28 minutes for the most part. He is also a redshirt senior so even with the lack of play he should be smarter at the end. Brooks is a redshirt senior. Olaniyi is a senior. Yes, he is just getting back into playing but a critical turnover at the end is inexcusable for a senior. In today's college game, Wong and Beverly logged a ton of minutes as true freshman and I don't buy into the youngster argument as sophomores. Both were top 100 players and they are getting 25+ minutes a game. Cross played well. Timberlake shot well. His turnovers as a true freshman in this conference are going to happen. We needed this game badly. Blowing a 4 point lead with a minute and a half to go has been more frequent the past 3 years. Any other P5 program this HC would be on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back