CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

I HATE it when my Pizza is well done. (Sally's & Pepe's in New Haven, even though people think they're the best)....I like it Crispy, but not where it's burnt. Give me Prince St Pizza in NYC for a slice or two (ESPECIALLY the Pepperoni Square, which to me is the best slice/s in NYC)...and give me Lucali for a Pie, although, the wait at Lucali can be mind numbing.

@Canesfreak introduced me to Nick's New Haven in Boca, its quite good.

Advertisement
Miami Pizza rankings:

Best Slice: Miami Slice (it’s not even close).
Best Pie: Lucali’s. Second place goes to 11th Street.

//end of debate//

Miami Pizza rankings:

Best Slice: Miami Slice (it’s not even close).
Best Pie: Lucali’s. Second place goes to 11th Street.

//end of debate//
Lucali in NYC is ridiculous...but the wait is as well. My go to, and my cousin's (who lives in Manhattan) is Prince St Pizza....the Spicy Pepperoni Square is unquestionably the best in NYC...

Lucali in NYC is ridiculous...but the wait is as well. My go to, and my cousin's (who lives in Manhattan) is Prince St Pizza....the Spicy Pepperoni Square is unquestionably the best in NYC...

Would you order any of these to be shipped down?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, during the Pandemic I splurged, because its expensive. However, they do have periodic sales that make it somewhat reasonable.

Cool; I saw the price points & I was like it may be cheaper just to fly to these places!! Lol. But there’s several places I haven’t been to in a while or heard about, but nvr tried out East.

I think I’ll give them a try.

Cool; I saw the price points & I was like it may be cheaper just to fly to these places!! Lol. But there’s several places I haven’t been to in a while or heard about, but nvr tried out East.

I think I’ll give them a try.

I tried to order multiple times from Franklins in TX, but they were always sold out. Will look again.

Advertisement
I’ll be out there for a family reunion & hoping I can run into Aaron’s spot. Been dying to try his brisket to see if it’s all hype or if he’s the real deal pit master of brisket & pulled.
Franklin's is Good..but I'm a Memphis Barbecue guy...with K.C coming in a close 2nd.

Advertisement
Franklin's is Good..but I'm a Memphis Barbecue guy...with K.C coming in a close 2nd.

My former client was a Memphis BBQ competitor; I introduced him to my other client who owned a small BBQ spot in Martinez, CA who was TX born, raised, & bred. I used to love hearing them debate over which que was the best & why. I never had my Memphis Client BBQ, but my guy from TX? His spot stayed packed & he sold out of a lot of his items by 4p Friday - Sunday.

I’m a KC guy, myself; but I don’t mind a good mopped Memphis BBQ plate.

My former client was a Memphis BBQ competitor; I introduced him to my other client who owned a small BBQ spot in Martinez, CA who was TX born, raised, & bred. I used to love hearing them debate over which que was the best & why. I never had my Memphis Client BBQ, but my guy from TX? His spot stayed packed & he sold out of a lot of his items by 4p Friday - Sunday.

I’m a KC guy, myself; but I don’t mind a good mopped Memphis BBQ plate.
@Rellyrell ...The Rendezvous in Memphis is on point (Dry Rub)

@Rellyrell ...The Rendezvous in Memphis is on point (Dry Rub)

I’m going to Memphis late Summer; going to visit the last of my great-aunts who has Alzheimer, so imma see her & talk mad chit to her (she’s the best chit talker that side of the Mississippi). Hopefully by that time she’s still able to go out like she does now, since it’s early stages. I haven’t been to Memphis since I was like 11 yrs old, bro, & I’m 41 now.

I HATE it when my Pizza is well done. (Sally's & Pepe's in New Haven, even though people think they're the best)....I like it Crispy, but not where it's burnt. Give me Prince St Pizza in NYC for a slice or two (ESPECIALLY the Pepperoni Square, which to me is the best slice/s in NYC)...and give me Lucali for a Pie, although, the wait at Lucali can be mind numbing.

You mean the spicy spring, I believe. Its pretty GOAT.

Advertisement
Back