CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

I actually always buy Kerrygold unsalted. I sometimes use other unsalteds as well from local places. I never buy salted butter as I was taught to only buy unsalted.

Can't believe I'm jumping into a butter thread, but lord I love good butter. A great French baguette with good French butter is just a perfect bite.

Rodolphe Le Meunier and Pascal Beillevaire are two to grab if you come across them. A treat.

Advertisement
100%....I even got the Pepperoni Pizza hoping the Pepperoni would offset the blandness, but still to no avail....Oh well. Even Frankie's is better than that bland garbage.
I lived about 6 blocks east of "Miami's best", tried it ONCE and we threw it out. Anthony's coal fired became our "go to" Friday night pizza for quite some time. Not sure if that is still good as the founder sold the 26 or so restaurants he had opened a few years ago ... and you know how that goes.

Can't believe I'm jumping into a butter thread, but lord I love good butter. A great French baguette with good French butter is just a perfect bite.

Rodolphe Le Meunier and Pascal Beillevaire are two to grab if you come across them. A treat.
Are these butters available nationally or in your area? There are some local butters I’m going to buy, one of which is a farm fresh variety.

100%....I even got the Pepperoni Pizza hoping the Pepperoni would offset the blandness, but still to no avail....Oh well. Even Frankie's is better than that bland garbage.

Yep. Even though the place is now owned by a former HS classmate of mine, I remember going there 25 years ago and thought that the pizza was absolute ****e. Give me casolas any day of the week.

Are these butters available nationally or in your area? There are some local butters I’m going to buy, one of which is a farm fresh variety.

Both. High-end gourmet stores, but certainly online too. Have a search, let me know if you hit a wall. There is an outfit out of the south making a great product called Banner Butter which is more available. Grass-fed, which is important, IMO. Vermont Creamery is great too and pretty avialable if you try. I'm sure you have some really good local stuff out of NoCal, Sonoma probably. Plugra (American made actually, but Euro style- many think this is perfect for baking), like Kerrygold (I like, don't love) is everywhere.

Advertisement
Both. High-end gourmet stores, but certainly online too. Have a search, let me know if you hit a wall. There is an outfit out of the south making a great product called Banner Butter which is more available. Grass-fed, which is important, IMO. Vermont Creamery is great too and pretty avialable if you try. I'm sure you have some really good local stuff out of NoCal, Sonoma probably. Plugra (American made actually, but Euro style- many think this is perfect for baking), like Kerrygold (I like, don't love) is everywhere.
Plugra I’ve had. I’ve also had one from Germany they sell in Whole Foods. Kerrygold is just every day butter for me. Since I am grilling up some tri-tip today, it looks like you’ve inspired me to pick up a baguette and some high end butter. I’m on it and will report back my findings. 😂

Dude allowing some random stranger online with a troll bent to control your emotions and planning your day around revenging said commentary is a giant waste of time and life. If someone said that to your face on the street I can see what you are saying. But this is simply bent out of shape over a simple troll. Jmo.
I respect your opinion. I have no dog in this fight.

I feel we are policing the response not the disrespect

Advertisement
Squeeze Parkay is obviously the butter of choice for Gaytuh. Its the perfect compliment to the other ingrediants in their Mayo and Mac signature dish.

Resized_59706536-b043-4a91-9276-cba611f79363_39137541509392.gif

Plugra I’ve had. I’ve also had one from Germany they sell in Whole Foods. Kerrygold is just every day butter for me. Since I am grilling up some tri-tip today, it looks like you’ve inspired me to pick up a baguette and some high end butter. I’m on it and will report back my findings. 😂
@RVACane @TheOriginalCane @SpikeUM
Yoder's in Sarasota this morning....Ridiculous...
FB_IMG_1676732085436.jpg

the pizza at Miami Best was never great. it is average, but the only way to eat is to order it well done, otherwise it is bland.

Serious question. What does ordering it well done do to it? Honestly, I’ve had their pizza couple of times and the truth is, I don’t even remember it. I mean I didn’t think it was terrible. I would remember that.

Edit: I see you already answered the question about getting it well done, in another post.

Last edited:
Advertisement
KerryGold is the #2 selling butter brand in America

Serious question. What does ordering it well done do to it? Honestly, I’ve had their pizza couple of times and the truth is, I don’t even remember it. I mean I didn’t think it was terrible. I would remember that.
I HATE it when my Pizza is well done. (Sally's & Pepe's in New Haven, even though people think they're the best)....I like it Crispy, but not where it's burnt. Give me Prince St Pizza in NYC for a slice or two (ESPECIALLY the Pepperoni Square, which to me is the best slice/s in NYC)...and give me Lucali for a Pie, although, the wait at Lucali can be mind numbing.

Advertisement
KerryGold is the #2 selling butter brand in America

I use it frequently...

Advertisement
Back