Chris Johnson Jr. season outlook

He should def get looks in the return game.

He’s 4th string. If you add Lofton the CJ is 5th.

High potential to transfer if not seeing the field.

Advertisement
He should def get looks in the return game.

He’s 4th string. If you add Lofton the CJ is 5th.

High potential to transfer if not seeing the field.
Dont forget Lou Cristobal.. He is 7th string..

He already gone

We had 3 wrs above 600 yards and a true rb who was hurt run for 500 yards on 5 yards a carry while playing with a complete bonehead of a qb. But you are right. They can’t are incompetent because Chris Johnson can’t figure out how to be a rb.
You think the coaches did a good job on offense last year overall?

In 1994 Al Shipman, probably the fastest UM running back ever, got 45 carries and caught 5 passes as RB4. Mostly in mop up time in blowouts. This was before clock stoppage rule changes and it was common for teams to run 75 plays a game without using a no huddle. This is probably about what we’ll get from Johnson.

If football was just as simple as hand the fastest guy the football and let him go, you’d see a bunch of sprinters playing in the NFL, making millions.

Mario spoke highly of him at the ACC media day but its gonna be on Dawson to get him the ball in ways that highlight his strength which is in space. We didnt really throw the ball ANY last year to RB so I havent seen him try to do that HERE. Mario mentioned evolving the offense so I hope there is a plan for him on the edge which would STRESS a defense and actually help guys like Martinez/Fletcher thrive in their roles also because you can only stretch defensive resources soo thin.

Im just gonna sit and be hopeful that he can develop and be used in ideal situations. Last year offense didnt give hope for that but new season and hopefully Mario gave Dawson directive to expand the offense and getting your guys in space is more than just running that wvu-clemson orange bowl pitch pass, what we did with Brashard last year should not happen ever again (him standing on sideline while we struggle with UVA to score TDs)
Excellent prognosis.

Advertisement
My goal with him would be find a way to get him 10 touches a game. Kick-off return (1-2 touches), 4-5 carries, and 3-4 designed passes. If he can get that consistently its only a matter of time before he breaks a game open. But he's at best a 3rd down back until proven otherwise.

I’m tired of seeing swing passes and screens. Guy like him needs to get the ball in vertical space. I see him more as a 1 cut and gone guy. Whether a wheel route out of the backfield or motion him out and take advantage of him being tracked by a LB. Add in 2-4 touches whether jet sweep or something else designed to get him to the edge with speed. **** even a reverse here or there.

He has to be able to break arm tackles this year. You can be fast but you can’t run around everyone when they in front of you cause they have the angel. But if he does get on the field Dawson has to figure it out to give it to him in space whether that’s jet sweeps or in the slot. Running him straight into the OL probably won’t work with his body type. Pause

Advertisement
I mean I can see it working incredibly well running a pistol I formation with Martinez to Wards left/right and CJjr behind him and just running Read option plays where Martinez is getting zone handoff one way and Chris Johnson is just sprinting out to the flats the other direction and Ward is deciding where to go with the ball… add a Slant route from the side of ball cj is running to as an option (rather than making it a speed option with Cam Ward running).

All it takes is making one guy miss and CJ is picking up 20

Wheel route city for this dude. One cut inside after the catch and good luck getting hands on the Italian greyhound in space.

I mean I can see it working incredibly well running a pistol I formation with Martinez to Wards left/right and CJjr behind him and just running Read option plays where Martinez is getting zone handoff one way and Chris Johnson is just sprinting out to the flats the other direction and Ward is deciding where to go with the ball… add a Slant route from the side of ball cj is running to as an option (rather than making it a speed option with Cam Ward running).

All it takes is making one guy miss and CJ is picking up 20
THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.. Then the DC in future weeks will devote limited weeks practice to trying to stop it and it will open up the run game EVEN MORE. Alot of guys dont seem to understand this dynamic and saying he cant block or whatever they come up with..

For the UGA/bama dont do this and NFL to be validated

Advertisement
Aye i don’t even care if its chris johnson or not just find more ways to get our game changer type players the ball.

Last year Brashard showed game changer flashes and we didn’t get him the ball more even when we struggled to do anything on offense. You would think with a qb playing that bad, and starting a freshman qb that would be the time to try but nope lol

Aye i don’t even care if its chris johnson or not just find more ways to get our game changer type players the ball.

Last year Brashard showed game changer flashes and we didn’t get him the ball more even when we struggled to do anything on offense. You would think with a qb playing that bad, and starting a freshman qb that would be the time to try but nope lol
The biggest gripe I had with the offense last year was the insistence on using 11 personnel when it was obvious we didn’t have a tight end that was capable. I would have preferred we used more 10 personnel and tired to open it up a little more instead of pretending Cam McCormick’s blocking was good enough to justify playing him so much. ****, I would have preferred they just kept sending offensive tackles out at tight end instead. At least if you’re going to waste an eligible receiver position, waste it on a guy who can really block.

Advertisement
People were saying the same things about Lorenzo Lingard. Thinking just because he's fast the coaches can find a way for them to make an impact. Lingard went to 3 different schools and did nothing.

I'm sure the coaches would love for him to turn the corner this year.

The difference in Lingard case is he blew out his knee. He was never the same player post knee injury

Johnson is a pure home run hitter and I'm hopeful the team will find ways for him to contribute. When I think of Johnson, I think of the old adage "speed kills" and "you can't teach speed"

Was watching his HS tapes and the guy is a legit RB besides the track numbers. Do you guys think we'll get him involved? I'm not a big fan of Dawson at all so it would be a massive letdown if this kid doesn't get touches and pure speculation on my part but I can see him transferring after this year if we don't get him involved. He should get at least 10 touches against the cupcake teams like FAMU and Ball St. I like Mark Fletcher a lot but don't think he's a gamechanger at RB.
Also, is there any reason to why he shouldn't be returning kick offs?

So, what's the outlook for Chris Johnson this season?
If Chris Johnson gets more touches, then who gets less touches?

Or are you expecting Miami to score 40+ game to grow the pie?

Advertisement
Back